Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Felynx

Quote:
How do we know rocks and trees are a lesser form of being?
Who is saying that they are or arent? It depends on personal opinion. Most people prefer running around, have the freedom to make important decisions as life progresses. I wouldnt know, but being a tree or rock is probably peaceful, or frustrating if youre not up to it. It doesnt make them higher or lower.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Master
Rocks were just a friggin piece of a larger rock or even a mountain..

Similar to the hair on your body.

Anyway, when a creature or some ''thing'' doesn't have a nervous system, brains, or its own interests, we can say that it is ''lesser''..
If not, then next time you have to help your loved ones, forget about it, and save the stones.. *chuckles*
Old 08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Merlin6

As far as I am aware, there is only one sect of Buddhism that believes that humans reincarnate as animals. The overwhelming majority of buddhist thought is that this is not so.

There is a school of thought that says there is a progression of consciousness from Mineral to Vegetable to animal to human to spirit to godhood. Once each level is attained, there is no regression. That is, humans do not regress into animal bodies. There is only forward progress.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 08-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Master
A mineral.. lol!

Where were ''you'' before the mineral? Why and how did ''you'' get to that stage?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
CJ82Sky

my thoughts are also this - what if one of our soulmates passes early in our life. are they to hang out unincarneated for the rest of ours? what if there is a simple lesson to learn of humility or something? i believe we can reincarnate as animals both for learning lessons that we can better do in a different body as well as to allow us short incarnations between longer (more task/learning intensive) ones. personally i also do not believe that humans are always an "upgrade" from animal. i have to say i'd happily trade places with my cats any day! ;)
Old 11-03-2011, 01:59 AM
Felynx

Quote:
Rocks were just a friggin piece of a larger rock or even a mountain..

Similar to the hair on your body.

Im sure you have irrefutable evidence to back up this statement
Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felynx
Im sure you have irrefutable evidence to back up this statement
Here's a good site about rock formations.

Rocks and mountains (and also rivers and lakes) are formed through earth's activity.
This makes the idea that they would be individual ''beings'' a bit bizarre..
Old 14-03-2011, 05:57 AM
Merlin6

Hmm. Seems I've stirred up a few opinions with this one.
I'll try to provide what answers I can:

Chrysaetos:
Google 'mineral consciousness'. Lots of material there to ponder, even if only to accept or reject it in your personal philosophy.

Where I was at that time is the same place you were. Floating around the cosmos as a point of consciousness looking for something to do. Many others were doing the same thing. Some chose to experience consciousness as mineral, while others chose to skip that stage. The same applies for the other levels of consciousness. There are several excellent publications I could name by title and author, but I don't want to upset those who police the copyright rules of the forum. It's very frustrating and seriously limits a wider discussion.

CJ82SKY:
It is not necessary for any soul to remain unincarnate, for whatever reason it left the physical plane either in a timely or untimely circumstance. Souls may choose to reincarnate or remain in spirit according to their wishes and the advice of their guides. If the purpose of the short lifetime was to learn a particular lesson and then return, then that may have been part of a larger plan affecting subsequent lives. There are many options available to spirit. The idea of a spirit, having once reached the stage of being human, incarnating into the body of an animal is not supported in the greater body of literature on reincarnation.

Felynx:
You want irrefutable proof that a rock is a rock?
You're talking about a physical piece of matter. I'm talking about something entirely different. This is where physics and metaphysics part company. Science sees a rock. Metaphysics recognises that there is a level of consciousness in all matter.

Just my own opinion of course. I like to consider both sides of an argument, then accept or reject whatever fits or doesn't fit with the wider philosophy.

Regards
Merlin6
Old 15-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Felynx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Here's a good site about rock formations.

Rocks and mountains (and also rivers and lakes) are formed through earth's activity.
This makes the idea that they would be individual ''beings'' a bit bizarre..

But isnt everything part of earths creation? Whether or not they are formed in different ways? Even objects have an energy signature.
Old 15-03-2011, 02:29 AM
CJ82Sky

merlin - i know the idea of going from human to animal is not a widely supported belief, it is just mine based on my own experiences with myself and my animals. i'm fine with being different on that :)