Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Ascender
<off topic>
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I don't want to derail the thread but I was wondering if you have read any of John O'Donohue's books? If you are drawn to Celtic spirituality you might like his stuff...

I have one of his books in my pile to read. I've read stuff by Tom Cowan, Frank MacEowen, Caitlin Mathews and John Mathews.
</on topic>
Old 30-01-2012, 03:18 AM
Herr Kommandant

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
I know there have been some questions asked relating to whether or not past lives can have an affect on our present lives. I thought I'd share my thoughts on it.

I definitely see the after-affects of a previous life in this life. I know that in a previous life I was a monk at a monastery in France. See here for a bit more detail if you're so inclined.

Anyway, I've come to realize that I must have seen some horrible things done in the name of Christianity during that life. I find that I get very protective and defensive when I see someone (a fundamentalist, zealot, or whatever) trying to instill fear, hatred of others, intolerance, or any of the other negative things religious beliefs can bring out in some.

I agree, however it can affect in definitely more than one way.
I however cannot be proud of one thing that has come from my past life, because it involves a dislike of something I don't even know why I dislike...Not a fear, just a blatant dislike....almost a hatred. Because of who I am in this life I can work around it, but still deep down in my heart and soul I feel these things.

I am also tied to 3 other people in my life, 2 are good friends and the other is good friends with one of them and merely my acquaintance. Our connections and beliefs about our past lives have come to us through dreams, hallucination and just sheer emotion and feelings...It really affects us in our every day lives, because we never know when we might hear something, or drift into the past as if we were there. My two friends rarely get sleep because they are a bit more haunted and their past lives over come them, I think I've learned to ignore MOST of the negative about mine, but one of them is a high school student who can never sleep without being awoken from a sound of the past, and one is hasn't slept a full night since she was about 11 because of dreams about it. I myself have been really depressed and dealt with a heavy heart lately because I feel that I'm in the wrong place AND the wrong time.....And it makes me loath myself a little because I shouldn't want to be back in such a horrible life, but I feel the need to be. We haven't really told anyone but each other because no one else gets us, and the only time one of them tried their parents had them put on medication for being 'crazy'.

Sorry...this was more like an essay.
If you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to message me. :)