Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 25-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Master
Altars/ Altar Ideas

I thought perhaps a space to share our altars, or altar ideas would be a neat thing to try.

I can start and share a few of my own spaces I've deemed sacred for practice/ worship.

This is a small wall space I had decorated to serve as a small ancestral altar, a place to light incense in prayer for ancestors.

This is an altar shrine a top my altar, it is a shrine dedicated to a Japanese Kami. I have looked into other deities but for now, this is what I am currently willing to do.

The altar itself is designated often for devotionals to my main universal deity.

This is the other half of my altar table top, it is upon a big oval cabinet so often I take two photos of the whole thing.

This is currently a work in progress at the moment. It used to be used as the butsudan but is now currently a place for tool storage.

This is what is currently serving the purpose of butsudan. There on the top wall shelf is a small Buddha like statue I had been looking in finding, and next to this a photo card of a friend whom recently passed, and is departed now, in front of this is a small rough rose quartz stone. There are also a couple areas for lighting incense in prayer, the top of the miniature woodstove being one, and on the first inside shelf a larger Buddha like statuette that is an incense holder. As well I've placed on the table top a small offering dish, to be filled usually with wild flowers/ or grown (next year), and other natural found or had items that fit.

Anyone here willing to share their own altar photos, or ideas, or set up descriptions.

I've been trying to be more creative with my altars, some I've placed around or set up I genuinely feel at peace with and love, and other table tops I have tried designating as altar spaces I have ended up dis-satisfied with. I have a couple table areas I'd still like to try and work with, but my vision for them I've not yet been able to implement.

Would love to see photos of other members altars, as well as anything else related to the sacred spaces we keep in our homes.

Blessings.