Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-08-2013, 11:11 PM
Master
There is no such thing as a "dog soul" as mentioned above. Your dog or what have you is a soul living as a dog incarnation.

The problem I have is with Sandalwood's remarks on ego since it is not entirely accurate.

The issue with most people on the spiritual path is the belief that the ego is something that must and will be annihilated. This is not so. The ego always exists, its when you allow your egoic self to get in the way of your True Self is when it is the issue.

It is not ego itself that is the problem, it is Ego-consciousness.

Animals have no sense of ego-consciousness, and so they do not have some separate egoic self that has been formulated, whereas human beings have a separated sense of self because of our physical makeup and awareness.

But all personalities that the soul adopts are always stored in the soul's record within the mind of the Infinite- and so nothing truly dies.

Call it God or Higher Power whatever realized that souls were limited to animal expression and sought a perfect representation of the soul-self and created and evolved the human body. Souls could then transmigrate into human forms or souls from Spiritual realms could make safer transitions in the Material world and not get lost in the labyrinth of limited material entrapment.

Every soul-journey is unique and none of them are the same. Some start with animal lives, some start as humans, some criss-cross, some evolve upward from animal to human, or some evolve from human to an animal for specific reasons. Or some only live as animals and some only incarnate as humans.
Old 19-08-2013, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Life is progressive. A human soul cannot 'devolve' back into the animal sphere. But an animal soul can and ultimately will evolve into the human sphere.

Who says it is a "devolution"? Isn't that a human-centric, prejudiced view? Who's to say that learning can't happen in any form? Who says it has to go into human from animal? Where have you gotten your knowledge of this? Who says that is "forward" evolution?

I am pretty sure that animals pick up not only our auras (hence, their "keen senses" as to our moods) but when I do visualizations in the interior of various colors of energy, raven sit down beside me on a fence and begin to make gutteral talking noises, as they do when "speaking" between themselves. I'm convinced that they see what I am visualizing.

That's not an "inferior" being in my book.

Lora
Old 20-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Who says it is a "devolution"? Isn't that a human-centric, prejudiced view? Who's to say that learning can't happen in any form? Who says it has to go into human from animal? Where have you gotten your knowledge of this? Who says that is "forward" evolution?

I am pretty sure that animals pick up not only our auras (hence, their "keen senses" as to our moods) but when I do visualizations in the interior of various colors of energy, raven sit down beside me on a fence and begin to make gutteral talking noises, as they do when "speaking" between themselves. I'm convinced that they see what I am visualizing.

That's not an "inferior" being in my book.

Lora

Spiritual evolution involves ascending the spheres of light, through knowledge and experience, wisdom and love.
An analogy: A university graduate would be out of place rejoining primary school. He has no need. He has already walked the path, learnt the lessons and moved on...

Animals certainly possess emotions, reasoning and intellect, far more than 'we' give them credit for - and souls.
An advanced animal soul is capable of a degree of love and service that most humans could learn from.
As I said the animals are on their own evolutionary path, it is not an exact correlation with the human evolutionary path.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Spiritual evolution involves ascending the spheres of light, through knowledge and experience, wisdom and love.
An analogy: A university graduate would be out of place rejoining primary school. He has no need. He has already walked the path, learnt the lessons and moved on...

Animals certainly possess emotions, reasoning and intellect, far more than 'we' give them credit for - and souls.
An advanced animal soul is capable of a degree of love and service that most humans could learn from.
As I said the animals are on their own evolutionary path, it is not an exact correlation with the human evolutionary path.

Sorry, Knight, this is just leftover Biblical dogma: Animals don't have souls, animals don't go to heaven. It's poppycock.

The Universe is all made of the same basic units of consciousness. They all have choice and an impetus to growth. They are all equal. They are all parts of Source. That includes "inanimate" matter.

What you're saying is like saying we're all equal to God but some of us are more equal than others.

Lora
Old 20-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Time

That would depend on your beliefs islewalker. There are more tradidtions that speak of animals/plants having the same soul (if you belive in them of course). Its just the scale of karmadic reincarnation. When we die our bodies fuel other life, in the thousands, so if we did have souls the odds are pieces of them would stay around one way shape or form.
Old 20-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Sorry, Knight, this is just leftover Biblical dogma: Animals don't have souls, animals don't go to heaven. It's poppycock.

The Universe is all made of the same basic units of consciousness. They all have choice and an impetus to growth. They are all equal. They are all parts of Source. That includes "inanimate" matter.

What you're saying is like saying we're all equal to God but some of us are more equal than others.

Lora

Maybe you should broaden your reading and studying. There are plenty of NDEs where people have encountered beloved pets on the Other Side. Not to mention 'dream visions' and reports from spirit communications etc.
My dear mother is with our old dog and the horse she had as a girl back in the 30s.

We ARE all at different levels of soul evolution. An angel is more spiritually evolved than a man, a man is more spiritually evolved than a mouse. But it is the same spirit of God that animates all three.

It requires little spiritual acumen to understand that a Gandhi or a Schweitzer is more spiritually advanced than a Bin Laden or a Pol Pot.

It's much like a marathon. Some are sprinting ahead at the front, others are jogging along at the back and others at all points in between. But they're all running the same race and they're all going to cross the same finishing line, eventually.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Master

Quote:

Lora
I agree with you, Lora. But then, I don't know anything about souls or heaven.
Old 20-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I agree with you, Lora. But then, I don't know anything about souls or heaven.

Kris--

You know as much as anyone does!

Lora
Old 21-08-2013, 05:25 AM
Master
Hey Knight,

I agree that we are all on the same path, but animals becoming human and humans becoming animal does happen but it is not always devolution.

I have heard of devolution from human to animal but most of the time the individual becomes a more aggressive animal because of their consciousness.

I would agree with both what Knight is saying and what Islewalker is saying:

Animal souls can be more advanced that humans, but some animal souls can be lower than humans and a huge majority of humans are higher than animals and very rarely a human can devolve back into an animal

There are endless possibilities.

Speaking of soul evolution Knight and people's journey, in my humble realization of the Gospels, Jesus was a soul who quickly SPRINTED as you say back to the Source and was able to be a perfect channel of that Being. Very few have reached the State that Jesus attained in such short time, which explains why God called him "My BELOVED Son", not "one and only" in a literal sense; since we are all the sons of God.
Old 22-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal

I hope so I love my dogs so much...

Years ago somebody I knew was taking a dog to the pound for a friend of his. He stopped by my house along the way. "Where did you get that beautiful dog I said. Is that a German Shepard." To make a long story short I told him to leave me the dog. I couldn't see him go to the pound. My brother was staying with me and he had a puppy. So when I got the dog he was afraid of everything. I think things weren't so good where he was before. Over time he was no longer afraid of things and became a wonderful teacher for the puppy. He was hilarious. We kept the back door closed but not completely so the dogs can push it open if they wanted out. The puppy couldn't figure that out. So he would bark at the door. Before we had a chance to push the door open the German Shepard beat us there. It was funny! He stroll over, push the door with his paw. Turn around and come back. I can go on and on about all the helpful things that dog would do. I didn't train him. He just trained himself to help us with the puppy. It was the best dog I ever could if dreamed of. Where I lived was a major highway. The worst thing happened ever. When I was off working the dogs got out and the Shepard got hit by a car and died. It was very sad for me because I loved that dog. Shortly there after he met me in my dreams. He was happy and thank full of having a good time. He let me know in a special way. I have felt and seen him in my dreams there after. I believe he helps guide me and as still with me in ways. He may be off in another life or some other thing. But I feel there's a oneness about things and everything is always with us. Especialy cool dogs and such!

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4