Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 30-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Silky

Hi TeddyBear,
Until a few years ago, I must admit I had similar doubts. The only psychic i had ever visited was a charlatan and was completely off the mark, and a (now rejected) catholic upbringing had managed to close me off to my own instincts.

The death of my father changed that, and whilst I sought to make some sense of it all, I also had some strange experiences that I just couldn't really explain. I now understand that the bright violet light that would come to me "in my head" was my spirit guide, helping me through my grief. Curiousity set in and in a quest to understand this, I had a reading at our local Spiritualist Church....and have never turned back. I have also since found an excellent medium who has told me things about myself that no one on earth knew, as well as a lot of other information that proved beyond all reasonable doubt that the spiritual world exists loud and clear. This has also given me the confidence to open up my own spiritual instincts, some of which have been surpressed since childhood.

If you're struggling to come to terms with spiritual beliefs, I would seriously recommend a reading with a good medium or psychic to help you on your path. A telephone reading with my medium is just the thing to lift my spirits when I'm in doubt or particularly down, and there is nothing quite so uplifting to discover that our current life is just one tiny piece of a very large jigsaw.

Silky x
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM
bluelady

Yes there is continuation of spirit. I received proof after death of children & husband. It is not something one can pass on however.

I have received kisses and hugs - how cool is that. I am nearly 72 and am reasonably content. We still visit in dreams.

I say reasonably, as it seems there are all kinds of loose ends appearing (mostly roofing problems - like 4 to 5 in less than 3 years - all different rooves put on at different times.) Am I mentally missing something?? I sure hope this is the last trip around this old world - Just got news last week that birds blocked chimney in northern home and I now am awaiting the news on the clean up job for 11 rooms.

The only good part of this news is that when they had to shut the heat off, at least the water had already been drained so I will not have plumbing problems to go with the soot LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 10:15 PM
spiritalk

The University of Arizona recently conducted a study with mediums for validity of mediumship, ESP, psychic, etc. So science is looking at the situation.

Proof? Well, that still seems to be subjective to the individual. There are wonderful psychics and mediums working out there that bring the ultimate proof of the continuity of life to their clients. The proof is in their understanding of the message.

In Spiritualism (religion, philosophy, science) there is good, solid unfoldment and development of psychic/mediumship abilities. They are trusted and tried techniques over the years. Check out: http://groups.msn.com/spiritualwisdom

God bless, J

God bless, J
Old 09-02-2007, 06:58 AM
smile11

I do not believe that communication with the dead will ever be proven without a doubt to everyone. There will always be people who choose to believe and those who choose not to believe no matter what "proof" is offered because it simply does not fit into their picture of life and reality. In truth I do not think that anyone can convince a skeptic that the paranormal exists, just as no one can convince a medium that he/she cannot communicate with the dead.

I think the beauty of something not being able to be proven is that you have to figure it out for yourself. There is no one that can really tell you what is and isn't when it comes to stuff like this. It all comes down to you following your path, I suppose more importantly discovering your path and then following it. It sounds like you're at that place in your life when it comes to spirituality, discovering what is and is not real to you. As someone suggested, I think meditation would be a great step to take.
Old 18-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Annushka_uk

I hope this site will be of some interest to you.

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/back...ficproof1.html

Anna.X
Old 09-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Ragnarok

in the specific there may be but in the general there may not be.

let me explain. If only you know something (the name of your child-hood imaginary friend, whatever) and you visit a medium who, without any promting knows that info then I believe YOU might have some proof.

However you will not be allowed to prove this sort of thing in such a way that every doubter is convinced. the reason for this is that one of the founding rules of this space/time reality is that you must have freedom of choice. so, if you could absolutely beyond any doubt PROVE this stuff you will be denying those that you prove it to the right to choose to doubt. we should be careful of this. we cannot know where another person is in their progressive cycle and should not be arrogant and think that this proof will be good for the world. but it's not serious, as I understand it such attempts will be stymied. when someone is ready for proof in the specific they may go searching for it (as I have just requested in the "Reading Requests" section.

This current state of not being allowed to prove spiritual communication will continue untill a threshold number of people do believe. At that point it will be such a part of our collective unconscious that proving it wouldn't upset the free-will imperative. If you've been following the Mayan profecy debate then it is postulated that this will happen by Dec 2012.

Last edited by Ragnarok : 09-03-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:28 PM
spiritalk

Actually the weight of proof has been available for some time now. Yes, there are so many that believe that there is little doubt. Is there still those that do not? Yes, of course. But then many believed the world was flat until irrefutable proof. And the scientists who brought that proof were abused.

The number of TV shows, movies, and entertainments that tell us so are legend at present. Why? Because it is real!

God bless, J
Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 AM
angelicious

Kia ora, hello,

I can verify that spiritual communication is possible....only to me, for me & by me. Thus, it is no longer a belief, it's a fact. I'm unable to verify it as fact for others though. Some know their are spirits, some don't.

It hasn't been proven, beyond a shadow of doubt through studies. Studies & tests have been done, yet there is still doubt involved. It's your choice for now. I do have a theory that in the not-too-distant future, scientists & physicists are going to determine the workings of the quantum mind eg: manifest the unseen which will give clues and answer a lot of questions regarding spirit....for those who are skeptical.

It's just a thought, a theory.

Last edited by angelicious : 12-03-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:27 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

"On the other side"there is the Unified Whole Consciousness.. with it, there is the sum total of all that has ever been.. it is from this pool of knowledge and wisdom that people tap into specific memories of past manifestations.. it can also be supposed that these memories carry on an existence within the Unified Whole Consciousness (life after death).. within my own experience i have no evidence that suggests that "spirits" continue after death as guides or other such notions.. rather, i sense that people interpret the tapped into energies/memories/existences in a manner consistent with their beliefs.. which is to say that if someone believes in "spirit guides", the experience of tapping into the Unified Whole Consciousness will manifest accordingly.. very much like creating our own realities.. is the experience verifiable? not presently, but.. science is becoming more interested in this area of investigation..

I do not sense that those that have shed this fleshy vehicle wander about waiting to offer guidance or assure others of their safety.. i think that is the interpretation we assign according to our desires.. yet, the information that can accomplish this desire for connectedness is available in the Unified Whole Consciousness.. There is great comfort in knowing that "on the other side" there is no need or reason to comfort those still in the flesh, the flesh has its own purpose.. from the perspective of "the other side", the flesh is a magnificent gift.. one the begs the participant's full awareness.. on that insists we forge our souls of our own experiences.. there is great reward in finding our own way..

Be well...
Old 15-05-2007, 05:53 PM
plexus1

even if they did prove it some one out there would say it was a fraud and set up. if they carnt understand some thing they will make it fit to suit them. i belive spirit is around me, and i have some wonderful readings from meduims i have only know 5 minets before hand. and they have given me information that only the person who has died could of known, that is prof enough for me.
xx.
Closed Thread