Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudaimonist
No, as it turns out, we can't agree on that if you are saying that government must tax people to provide those goods.

Sure, I would like everyone to have those goods, and I wouldn't want a government to prevent people from earning and keeping those goods, but I'm not going to encode this wish in some system of political rights in which they "deserve" to have the government force others to pay for those goods.

eudaimonia,

Mark

What should we do with the sick that are not able to work?
How shall we build and maintain our roads?
How shall we develop codes of ethics to make sure that corporations do not cheat and abuse people?
How do we provide drinkable water?
How do we interact with other nations and fund the people that must work in these positions?
How shall we collect garbage?

How are we to do all this and many many many more things without taxes?
Old 17-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
What should we do with the sick that are not able to work?
How shall we build and maintain our roads?
How shall we develop codes of ethics to make sure that corporations do not cheat and abuse people?
How do we provide drinkable water?
How do we interact with other nations and fund the people that must work in these positions?
How shall we collect garbage?

How are we to do all this and many many many more things without taxes?

I think that it would take an entire book to adequately answer all of those questions. I'll just say that I think that both private and charitable means are potentially capable of handling those issues.

You are straying from the question somewhat, which had to do with providing food, shelter, clothing, etc, which goes far beyond infrastructure concerns such as maintaining roads and collecting garbage.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 17-07-2011, 05:50 PM
nitaant

The problem with this is this - if we agree that everyone has right to live - what do we do with very problematic people who are mass murderers - to the point of murdering in prison as well. Here another's right to exist is being violated (or many rights of many people), to uphold this right for one person. Instead of killing the murderer to uphold this right for other people, we uphold this right for him while he kills other people.
Old 17-07-2011, 06:19 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitaant
The problem with this is this - if we agree that everyone has right to live - what do we do with very problematic people who are mass murderers - to the point of murdering in prison as well. Here another's right to exist is being violated (or many rights of many people), to uphold this right for one person. Instead of killing the murderer to uphold this right for other people, we uphold this right for him while he kills other people.
Serial killers are isolated unto themselves.. geographically, with collars that explode if they exceed the geographic boundaries.. give them the basic tools, seeds and right to survive, and.. they will survive or die by their own hands, not by social consensus.. as a known consequence of specific deeds, the choice is theirs..

Be well..
Old 18-07-2011, 01:19 AM
AngelicOrin

There is one value that I have a hard time to find - even on the forums is, Tolerance. Tolerance of other beliefs, way of life, opinions - we are all entitled to them, we are all entitled to be individuals, people promote that there is no right or wrong - yet I do not always see it.
Old 18-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Inesophet

Hmm Human Values...

A: Selfpreservation is one.

B: The Need for Reproduction

C: Power

That what comes off Occams Razor for me. All things good and evil come from this 3 in my opinion.

They are so deeply interconnected and interdependent that a concrete description of how would fill many many books.