Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 28-07-2011, 05:19 AM
spiritmonk

General EVP techniques

How,

I'm interested in experimenting with EVPs in areas that resonate with me/grab my attention. I don't expect to find anything, as I'm not sold on the true effectiveness of EVPs, but that is why I want to experiment. Plus I can document my findings then.

Can anyone provide specific tips what type of hardware to use? Is there a specific recorder that works best (digital or analogue)? Does anyone have any other techniques they would like to share?

Thanks.

With love,
Spirit Monk
Old 28-07-2011, 11:46 PM
MYFIGO

I used a Sony MP3 IC recorder this past weekend and got some nice EVP's. The most important thing is to get a recorder that will allow you to download to your computer. Audacity is a nice free computer program that will allow you to analyze your evidence.

Secure your recorder to a hat or stick it securely in the hat band to reduce movement sounds. Also take extra batteries. They can be drained in an active area. Talk in a normal voice. Avoid whispering as it is hard to discern later when you analyze.

Allow time between questions for a reply. Let your recorder run though the whole time you are at your location even when you are not actively doing an EVP session. We got several EVP's when we were changing locations and just talking in general. All of the EVP's I picked up were "intelligent" in that they were in response to what was going on at the time.

Good luck!
Old 29-07-2011, 04:42 AM
spiritmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
I used a Sony MP3 IC recorder this past weekend and got some nice EVP's. The most important thing is to get a recorder that will allow you to download to your computer. Audacity is a nice free computer program that will allow you to analyze your evidence.

Secure your recorder to a hat or stick it securely in the hat band to reduce movement sounds. Also take extra batteries. They can be drained in an active area. Talk in a normal voice. Avoid whispering as it is hard to discern later when you analyze.

Allow time between questions for a reply. Let your recorder run though the whole time you are at your location even when you are not actively doing an EVP session. We got several EVP's when we were changing locations and just talking in general. All of the EVP's I picked up were "intelligent" in that they were in response to what was going on at the time.

Good luck!

Howdy!

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have to look into the Sony MP3 IC. Is an mic needed for the Sony MP3 IC, or is there a mic on the unit itself?

I have Audacity, Audition, and and ProTools, so I planned on doing a lot of clean up.

One last question for you: Is there a time of the day that is better for EVPs than others?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I plan on documenting the experiences, if there is anything of note.

With Love,
Spirit Monk
Old 29-07-2011, 09:12 PM
MYFIGO

The mic is built in and the recorder picks up very well.

Some people like to listen to the earphones while recording as it does help you hear what is going on. I found it distracting and think I would hear more without them.

I think you can hear things any time of day. One consideration would be outside noise such as traffic. Even though it was night time, we had plane and vehicle traffic noise. I'm sure it was less than in the day time. There was a lot of insect noise at night as well.
Old 30-07-2011, 05:41 AM
spiritmonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
The mic is built in and the recorder picks up very well.

Some people like to listen to the earphones while recording as it does help you hear what is going on. I found it distracting and think I would hear more without them.

I think you can hear things any time of day. One consideration would be outside noise such as traffic. Even though it was night time, we had plane and vehicle traffic noise. I'm sure it was less than in the day time. There was a lot of insect noise at night as well.

Thanks for the tips! I'll document my experiences and let everyone know how it turns out.

With Love,
Spirit Monk
Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritmonk
Thanks for the tips! I'll document my experiences and let everyone know how it turns out.

With Love,
Spirit Monk

Any news, Spirit Monk?

I'm also interested in the EVP phenomena.

What (if anything) are you using for your continuous-noise source? I've read that this is useful, almost necessary, for spirit to latch on to.

Also, it could lead to DRV (direct radio voice, where the spirit voices speak from the loudspeaker of the radio) if you use a radio as your source.

I understant that s shortwave radio, tuned to the between-station "white noise" (static), is an excellent source.

Jim