Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 18-11-2016, 12:42 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen
Ghosting, never heard of that term before. But yeah I relate. Only thing really you can do is just try to move on. To be honest, in my own experience I thought to myself "why would I even desire to be with someone who clearly wants nothing to do with me?" It's just not worth it, so I shut the emotions off and got on with my life.

You can cause yourself pain over this all or just accept what's not meant to be. And give yourself time to mourn, too. In my case I'd already had plenty of time to mourn so I'd gotten to that point of "enough's enough". I was done. And now I would never go back to him even if the whole TF thing with the stages of running and separation and reunion turned out to be legitimate. That ship sailed long ago.

yeah it's hard because if it was anyone else I wouldnt give it a second thought. I don't know why I can't just accept reality.
How do you shut off emotions?

xx:)
Old 18-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsv
My tf ghosted n it was horrible .after our dates he'd say I'll call you later n I lived in fear when he would disappear. He'd be good for weeks n then it would come. At each reunion after seperation I carried that fear even though he'd leave saying the same thing
I'll call you later
How cruel ,why would u say it if u had not intentions??

But even when we finally got together the fear was there n it did happen

I'm sorry u had to go through that. I think you make a good point tho. "The fear was there and it did happen" self fulfilling prophecy! It's hard not to expect the worse when you love someone so much
Old 18-11-2016, 05:27 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBasket
Yes, working through this strange ghosting phenomenon with a twin is important work and a real experience - you are not alone. I totally understand your mixed feelings and your confusion.

My take on it is this - tf ghosting is different than this trend of dishonorable breakups or not having the guts to tell someone you aren't interested in another date. The behaviors seem the same, and this is why friends says things like "if he really cared about you he wouldn't treat you this way." But in fact the tf ghosting is a world apart, I believe.

Trust your intuition and your gut if you believe he did/does love you and that he is running. Don't downgrade your powerful experience or your value by listening to others who would minimize the connection due to ghosting.

Now the tricky thing is, don't necessarily buy into the TF mythology that you WILL END UP TOGETHER NO MATTER WHAT. I think we just can't know. Healing, overcoming issues, turning toward love and vulnerability and facing fear with courage and a will to overcome it - this is all tied in to a hero's journey. You just can't know if your twin is up for that epic transformation. If he isn't, it doesn't mean you weren't worth the effort, it is just how things in the universe lined up.

So during ghosting, if you feel he really wants to disconnect from you, forget the experience, compartmentalize or block off his feelings toward you, just surrender to that fact. Don't try to pander to him or remind him of your presence. Protect your heart and try to disengage if this is the case.

I think that "thaw" stage is not discussed enough in TF journey stories. But you will recognize and energetic thaw when you know he isn't running full force from you. Then things shift.

Good luck.

Thank you for this response! I felt better actually. I think I haven't actually been trying to forget him or move on. technically i have, deleting him from my phone completely, even deleting the instagram app for a while bc i would check his girlfriends instagram and see pictures of them obsessively, it was so so so unhealthy and toxic for me to do that. ive been talking to one person i think i might really like besides him. but im always thinking about him somewhere in my mind.

i really dont know if he will ever grow or change enough even for himself. we didn't get to spend much time together honestly.
but thanks your response means a lot :)
Old 18-11-2016, 05:29 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened Queen
The more you're ghosted by the person, the more you're forced to focus on yourself. It becomes clear that it has to do with you and you alone. It strengthens you. Some people come into our lives for a short time to balance karma/teach us lessons/help us in some way, then they leave. If somebody wants to leave your life, nothing will keep them there. It's best to let them go with love. The Universe has other plans for you, and this person was not in them.

"Twin Flames" (I hate that term) trigger our deepest fears. If you fear heartbreak and abandonment, then that's exactly what they will bring into your lives. It's like "Okay, I abandoned you. Now what are you going to do?" You either heal that fear, or a new connection will come into your life and repeat the pattern.

To blame the person and call it running keeps you from facing your issues and fears. If you do the shadow work that's necessary for clearing these old energetic patterns, you reach the other side of the connection, which is calmness and joy.

ahhhh thank you!!!! i love this.
Old 18-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishevlment
yeah it's hard because if it was anyone else I wouldnt give it a second thought. I don't know why I can't just accept reality.
How do you shut off emotions?

xx:)

Well, you have to go through the five stages of grief before you feel ready enough to let go and never look back. I think shutting your emotions off would be the wrong term, but rather getting to a point where the connection whatever it is, no longer affects you emotionally.

Do you feel ready enough for that yet?