Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-01-2018, 04:19 AM
Experiencer
Rosary

The rosary has been a very powerful prayer for me and weapon against Satan, and no , the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion and I am not Catholic... Eastern Orthodox Churches pray the rosary and there are Protestants who go to the Marian pilgrimages to the shrines and pray the rosary as well. Marian devotion is not just Catholic.
https://www.christianheadlines.com/....n-1318834.html

I argue that the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion." Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus" is a blessing of Mary and Jesus , and it is a direct quote from scripture.

All but two of the Mysteries of the 20 Mysteries of the Rosary are found in the Gospels. The rosary is a meditation on the Life, birth, ministry, death, and Ascension of Christ and The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles. It is like praying the gospels. With each decade there is a different mystery to meditate on, meditation of the Annunciation, the visitation, the birth of our Lord, the presentation of Christ to the temple, the finding of Christ at the temple, the baptism of Christ in the Jordan, the wedding at Cana, the proclamation of the kingdom of God, the Transfiguration, the institution of the Eucharist, the agony in the garden, the scourging at the pillar, the crowning with thorns, the carrying of the cross , the crucifixion, the Resurrection, the ascension, and the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles , are all mysteries of the Rosary, and are found in the gospel. The rosary is meditation on the gospel.

Scripture condemns vain repetition, but not all repetition is vain.
Revelation 4:8
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy, holy,holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”... In heaven, the same prayer is recited over and over and over again day and night. Scripture does not condemn repetition, it condemns vain repetition.

She was extremely helpful. Extremely helpful is an understatement. I had serious mommy issues because my mom was cheating on my dad when I was 4, and other things she did, and that damaged my views of women in general, and I badly needed a mother figure in my life, and the Virgin Mary was the perfect mom... I needed maternal nurturing and tenderness... Praying the rosary was the most healing spiritual practice I've ever indulged in.

And no, I'm not trying to convert anybody to Catholicism or say anybody should indulge in any practice that they find makes them uncomfortable.

I'm saying we should not condemn one of the many methods that God uses to give grace to the Earth which can be healing medicine for many people and a remedy for our ills.

The Old Testament speaks against mediums, summoning Spirits from the underworld, fortune-telling, magic, and sorcery. Those are all powers of the occult that should be avoided. The Old Testament does not condemn the Rosary, or invoking souls in heaven, but rather condemns the use of the forces of Darkness and summoning Spirits from Sheol.

Even if the Old Testament condemned the act of invoking the host of Heaven, which it does not, that would not necessarily mean it is forbidden, because much of what was forbidden in the Old Testament was no longer forbidden for Christians
Old 14-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Experiencer
The reason Marian devotion is so popular is because of the Miracles that are linked to it. This miracle was promised in advance and witnessed by up to 70,000 people, many of them Communists and Freemasons who converted over it.

The Seers also predicted the coming of World War 2 and the rise of Communism in Russia and the spread of Communism throughout the world
Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia

The apparitions were also witnessed by President Gamal Abdel Nasser,[5] and captured by newspaper photographers and Egyptian television. Investigations performed by the police could find no explanation for the phenomenon. No device was found within a radius of fifteen miles capable of projecting the image, while the sheer number of photographs from independent sources suggests that no photographic manipulation was involved. Having been unable to produce an alternative explanation for the luminous sightings, the Egyptian government accepted the apparitions as true.[6]
Our Lady of Zeitoun - Wikipedia

The Lady of Guadalupe image was left on Juan Diego's tilma. Scientists cannot determine how the image got there and it was definitely not a painting. The miraculous image led to the conversion of the Aztecs and South America
Our Lady of Guadalupe - Wikipedia
Old 15-01-2018, 12:50 AM
Master
Thanks for the insights... lest we forget.

The bible itself opens a pandora's box of demons... just watch.

"Our Father who art in heaven, hallow be thy name". The start of the Jesus Prayer.

Let's stop it there LOL. The Kingdom part is not what would you say... politically correct.

And then if you translate the actual language of Jesus to English was something lost in translation?

How many people on this forum can bring just that to there lips... and truly know what they utter!

I get it... God is above the firmaments.
Old 19-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMatthew

" Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus" is a blessing of Mary and Jesus , and it is a direct quote from scripture.

please post that "scriptual quote" because I have NEVER come across it. and I'm referring to the "Hail Mary" part! people shouldn't take mant scriptures then place them together to form what they want. I'm not referring to you personally. I'm referring to the person who said this..."The Hail Mary is broken up into two parts: 1. Who Mary is. 2. Our prayer to Mary. The first half of the Hail Mary (rows 1-5) is contained in Luke 1. The second half (rows 5-6) come from Luke 1, James 5 and various other Biblical texts. Below the Hail Mary is examined line by line." sad!
Old 19-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Master
I was raised Catholic but I don't identify as one now.

But I believe in spiritual experience over books. I believe the Virgin Mary was who she was because of so many mystics having encounters and visions with her throughout history. And since the stories are always very similar in their experience but somewhat different depending on the saint or mystic I see that as validation.

Mary is one of those few human beings who was able to ascend to a higher level after her death and she probably took her body with her.

I'm not Catholic so my beliefs are different but I believe all of us are here constantly reincarnating to learn to love ourselves, but sadly we keep comoing back to "get it right" when we can't because we are not perfect and we are not called to be. We need to be who we are warts and all and accept our defects and learn to Love.

Mary never reincarnated and didn't live before. She was a pure soul who was chosen by God because she never questioned Him and accepted everything as it was. She was a "new Eve". There may have been other women God could have chosen to bear her Son, but Mary stood out because of her heart's purity and her humility.

I don't care what Scripture backs or doesn't back. The Gospels were written by what people saw and remembered and it's focus was on Christ. They were written by Jews who were obsessed with messianic prophecies. But that doesn't mean the Christ's Mother wasn't important and it doesn't mean what Catholics, Orthodoxies, and even some Muslims believe about her isn't true.
Old 13-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Master

I've been reading a book by Jacob of Sarugh who was born in 451. He makes some amazing points about Mary and her role in giving birth to and raising God. To him she is symbolically elevated through the mystery of the incarnation, her representation of the new Eve and so on. Modern day protestant theologians tend to be literalists they can only see Mary as an earthly woman representing no heavenly symbol in our hearts to which she points.
But protestants emphasise the holy spirit instead, which is closely associated with Mary. But they have a problem - God is three persons. They have no person to associate with the holy spirit. This leads to false beliefs the spirit is power or fire or nonsense like that.
Not that Catholics are right either, just an observation they have a point and Mary is the best thing they have got by far when it comes down to it
Old 17-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Master
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you...
Old 18-02-2018, 07:04 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMatthew
The rosary has been a very powerful prayer for me and weapon against Satan, and no , the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion and I am not Catholic... Eastern Orthodox Churches pray the rosary and there are Protestants who go to the Marian pilgrimages to the shrines and pray the rosary as well. Marian devotion is not just Catholic.
https://www.christianheadlines.com/....n-1318834.html

I argue that the rosary is not just a Catholic devotion." Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus" is a blessing of Mary and Jesus , and it is a direct quote from scripture.

All but two of the Mysteries of the 20 Mysteries of the Rosary are found in the Gospels. The rosary is a meditation on the Life, birth, ministry, death, and Ascension of Christ and The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the apostles. It is like praying the gospels. With each decade there is a different mystery to meditate on, meditation of the Annunciation, the visitation, the birth of our Lord, the presentation of Christ to the temple, the finding of Christ at the temple, the baptism of Christ in the Jordan, the wedding at Cana, the proclamation of the kingdom of God, the Transfiguration, the institution of the Eucharist, the agony in the garden, the scourging at the pillar, the crowning with thorns, the carrying of the cross , the crucifixion, the Resurrection, the ascension, and the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles , are all mysteries of the Rosary, and are found in the gospel. The rosary is meditation on the gospel.

Scripture condemns vain repetition, but not all repetition is vain.
Revelation 4:8
And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all around and within, and day and night they never cease to say, “Holy, holy,holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”... In heaven, the same prayer is recited over and over and over again day and night. Scripture does not condemn repetition, it condemns vain repetition.

She was extremely helpful. Extremely helpful is an understatement. I had serious mommy issues because my mom was cheating on my dad when I was 4, and other things she did, and that damaged my views of women in general, and I badly needed a mother figure in my life, and the Virgin Mary was the perfect mom... I needed maternal nurturing and tenderness... Praying the rosary was the most healing spiritual practice I've ever indulged in.

And no, I'm not trying to convert anybody to Catholicism or say anybody should indulge in any practice that they find makes them uncomfortable.

I'm saying we should not condemn one of the many methods that God uses to give grace to the Earth which can be healing medicine for many people and a remedy for our ills.

The Old Testament speaks against mediums, summoning Spirits from the underworld, fortune-telling, magic, and sorcery. Those are all powers of the occult that should be avoided. The Old Testament does not condemn the Rosary, or invoking souls in heaven, but rather condemns the use of the forces of Darkness and summoning Spirits from Sheol.

Even if the Old Testament condemned the act of invoking the host of Heaven, which it does not, that would not necessarily mean it is forbidden, because much of what was forbidden in the Old Testament was no longer forbidden for Christians

You need new teachers.--- God wants prayer from the heart---not written words spoken over and over. Especially not to Mary--She is not the hearer of prayers--Only the Father is. Jesus told you that is the way to pray--You need new teachers. Ones that actually listen to Jesus.
Old 18-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Master
Hail Mary Full Of Grace, the Lord is with you.... from my heart!

I say it all the time..

She was the mother of God, get it?
Old 20-02-2018, 12:22 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Hail Mary Full Of Grace, the Lord is with you.... from my heart!

I say it all the time..

She was the mother of God, get it?

NO GOD has a mortal mother= reality.