Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Master
Janielee, Excellent question. Developing subconscious awareness is one of the goals of spiritual development, helping a person to become conscious of what they may be doing unconsciously is also one of the goals of mental health therapy. Through constant quiet meditation we expand our awareness, and in expanding our awareness we can become more conscious of subconscious activity.

I use the terms “unconscious, subconscious, and sublime consciousness” interchangeably, but some might feel those are different aspects of consciousness. In Hindu philosophy subconscious energy is called “Prakriti.“ Some believe that this same energy, which we call “subconscious,” is what the physical universe is made from.

Our subconscious operates the automatic systems in our physical body. The subconscious is subordinate to our waking objective mind; it formulates suggestions from the way we think, speak, and act, and it puts those suggestions into practice. We are in constant communication with our own subconscious.

If we were to reduce this to numbers, our attention would be number one and our subconscious would be number two, as subconscious duplicates what we give our attention to. I don’t think we should attempt to “clear” subconscious as much as we might attempt to transform our subconscious.

In mental health intervention we try to come to terms with what we may have stuffed down inside ourselves, but to come to terms with that stuff we first have to become conscious of it. For me writing my autobiography helped me to see patterns in my self which I held for many years. I took my time, a whole year, to write my autobiography. It was very therapeutic.

Another little exercise is to write down what you think are the top three things that has influenced your life the most. You can list a bunch but then narrow it down to the top three. This will give you some idea of what has molded and shaped your character, and what may be in your subconscious. Also changing your self talk, or our internal dialogue, can help to transform subconscious. Transforming your subconscious patterns will also transform the cells in your physical body.

All you want to do is clear your subconscious of unwanted patterns, and that in my opinion is a worthy task. Talking sense to yourself is helpful but also behavior modification techniques, like chaining; working on things as you become aware of them in small increments, and chaining those increments together over time. Journal, keep a record of the work you want to do on your self. Do not judge yourself too harshly, we are all perfect given our current level of awareness, skills and abilities, and those will potentially grow with increased awareness.

Getting the proper sleep, eating well, lots of water, and a good attitude, can go a long ways. I use lots of different techniques and approaches. Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, etc. I do not put all my eggs in one basket. I sat down and developed a comprehensive program for myself and I do not give up, or beat myself up, if I don’t work my program as intended. I am still working on myself, and I apologize for this long winded post.
Old 15-09-2019, 05:21 PM
janielee

No apologies! I lap it up gratefully.
Thank you.

Mmm what about clearing the mind? I can ‘alternate’ between logical mind and Self/God.

In some ways, from a Buddhist standpoint, the offer is to step away from dukkha (roughly translated as suffering).

To embrace Divinity and live as such.

But I find it hard, I go back to worrying about things or the mind of intellect. Hm.

But yes, subconscious. I probably have a lot there. Where I cleared all karma once, I was also ignorant and built it all back.

At least I’m aware of potentialities.

I love how you say some say the physical is made up of the subconscious, that sounds extremely likely to my mind.

Thank you and I welcome any more thoughts!

Namaste and good journeys

JL
Old 15-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Master
In my opinion suffering is a matter of perception; how we identify things is how we will approach
those things. The key is to get on a level keel in your mind, and that includes developing a lifestyle
that will support such and endeavor.

Clear your mind by replacing whatever is there with the presence of pure spirit. Nurture the serenity
that you feel in meditation and attempt to keep that serenity with you throughout the day.

Meditation is not the techniques that we do rather meditation is the experience that we get from
doing the techniques. The techniques are secondary, the experience is primary. Hold on to the experience.

The human mind wants to be heard, and it has convinced lots of people to stop doing meditation. The mind
is mostly reactive. Like and animal trainer we have to train our mind, and keep it silent most of the time,
only using it when we need it. The human mind is a wonderful tool when we learn how to use it.

Thoughts are energy, the same energy which we experience in meditation; the only difference is that it
has been transformed by us, constructed into thought forms, pictures and words within our head.
The mind sucks up information like a sponge while the heart flows like a river, some people do prefer
sucking to flowing. There is no right or wrong in this, there is just what we want to experience.

We let our mind run wild for years, and then we learn meditation; still we allow our mind to run free
for 23-hours daily and then sit for 1-hour to do meditation. That can be reversed; let your mind
run wild for a couple of hours daily and be in that meditation experience for 22 or 23 hours daily,
or as long as you can. It can be difficult to stop our mind when it has been running free most of the day.

With practice you will be able to remain in that inner silence for longer and longer periods of time.
Mother Teresa worked with the poorest of the poor in India, she saw a lot of suffering. Now I don’t
know if she did meditation or not, she had a lot of compassion, and it did not appear as though she
was suffering.
Old 15-09-2019, 09:19 PM
janielee

Kindly received. Sincere thanks, Starman.
Old 19-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Rupert Spira uses this expression a lot! Awareness self aware of awareness!
This group might be interested in the book,
"The Direct Means to Eternal Bliss", M. Langford.
A bit advanced for beginners, I'd say....ha, watch now everyone will buy it!

Btw, Hi Starman~! xxoo

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2019, 12:56 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
When, under self-hypnosis, I ask for knowledge and guidance, most of the times the answer pops up before I finish wording out my question.

To me, this suggests that thoughts form at a deeper, non-verbal level.
Yes, I would agree. But at that deeper level, where those thoughts are forming, where does the material to form them come from? Did you put it there? Did you know you were putting it there, or did some sneak in when your attention was else where? How do you know your thought are being built from sound building materials? What does one do about it if they are not?
Old 24-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Newbie ;)

This post is so informative.