Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Mystic Blaze

Question The scent of baby powder

Hopefully this is in the right section. To be honest I have no idea where this topic would best fit. If it gets moved, I won't be offended, lol.

Anyway, this morning I had something someone different happen that I thought to share on here. Now, I have picked up and what I can only call 'nonphysical sense of smell' before. Normally thought it makes sense and I can place who or what the smell is tied too. For example I used to smell my grandmother's favorite perfume often and still do from time to time.

This morning though I woke up early with no real reason. I couldn't sleep so I got up and decided to log onto the computer and check some emails. Sitting at my computer in my living room, I distinctly picked up the smell of baby powder. Admittedly it took me a moment to actually place what the smell was in the first place. It was so out of place in my home. Obviously I don't have children, and it's been years since I've smelled baby powder under any circumstances at all. It crossed my mind that it could have been carpet freshener at first, but that would of course be a stronger smell and anyway I hadn't used any yesterday of this morning.

When I thought about it I realized how odd it not only seemed, but also felt to smell it. It's the same idea as smelling the perfume. The sense that's it's a different kind of real, if that makes any sense at all.

I just wonder if such a smell has any sort of possible spiritual significance or anything that I might have missed.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
skeptical

If you have the ability to read empathically/telepathically; someone smelling that could easily have sent it or you just picked it up.

I have had that happen before. Any kind of thought or input can be read really.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Sybilline

A lot of people in my country randomly smell ylang-ylang and sampaguita where there is none --- in their room, house, street, etc. It's a very fragrant flower, even exported to other countries for perfume-making. The running myth is that when you smell it there is a spirit/ghost around you.