Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 02-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Experiencer

Do these thoughts result in a meeting with my desires?

Hii all,

I often have thoughts which seem particularly aimless. Like “post this on SF” or “Talk to X” or “say this to X”. This isn’t coming from voices or something like that. These are just thoughts. Thoughts ringing for attention. Thoughts that seem a bit random. Thoughts that call for action. And I don’t know what they lead to. Maybe I should deal with them somehow as they long for healing. Or maybe they are leading to healing and desires themselves. Or maybe it’s just random.

Time will tell. But these thoughts ask me to say “what are your thoughts on this?” So here you go.

Thank you.

Kindness,

Realizefun
Old 02-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizefun
Hii all,
I often have thoughts which seem particularly aimless. Like “post this on SF” or “Talk to X” or “say this to X”. This isn’t coming from voices or something like that. These are just thoughts. Thoughts ringing for attention. Thoughts that seem a bit random. Thoughts that call for action. And I don’t know what they lead to. Maybe I should deal with them somehow as they long for healing. Or maybe they are leading to healing and desires themselves. Or maybe it’s just random.

Time will tell. But these thoughts ask me to say “what are your thoughts on this?” So here you go.
Me? I don't take thoughts too seriously, they float in and i laugh at the stupid things most of the time!

Rem I am a believer in and practice Thought Control for years now.
I deliberately think the thoughts that are good, peaceful, fulfilling, kind, positive, constructive...
anything else is stupid to me and I wave them away like a fly -

sometimes rolling my eyes at them.
Why would anyone want to be at the mercy of useless thoughts that
often only pull you down?

Spend one day getting rid of, stopping unpleasant thoughts...turn to happier, constructive, solution-type thoughts ---
just as you would changing channels from a murder show to a comedy.
I mean, if you feel tension watching a bloody, scary TV scene ---solution:
turn the channel!!
You could practice doing this one day a week - see what happens...see how much control you have to be content.
It gets easier every time you do and you learn so much what the egoic mind does.
I believe in 'knowing the enemy'.

These thoughts take you away from contentment...unless you like being disturbed by them..
unless you like having 'aimless' thoughts.
See, that IS the trick of the ego, some call devil - to keep you from Truth, Beauty, Wisdom, Power, Knowledge of who you are.
Gotta know the enemy.

Ha, 'The Screwtape Letters' by CS Lewis is very useful ---weird name -letters from Uncle Screwtape to his nephew regarding
Man and the devilish tricks to use to keep him from God- realization.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"
~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.
Better to PM me if you want me to see a post to me. I miss a lot.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Me? I don't take thoughts too seriously, they float in and i laugh at the stupid things most of the time!

Rem I am a believer in and practice Thought Control for years now.

I deliberately think the thoughts that are good, peaceful, fulfilling, kind, positive, constructive...
anything else is stupid to me and I wave them away like a fly -

sometimes rolling my eyes at them.
Why would anyone want to be at the mercy of useless thoughts that
often only pull you down?

Spend one day getting rid of, stopping unpleasant thoughts...turn to happier, constructive, solution-type thoughts ---
just as you would changing channels from a murder show to a comedy.
I mean, if you feel tension watching a bloody, scary TV scene ---solution:
turn the channel!!
You could practice doing this one day a week - see what happens...see how much control you have to be content.
It gets easier every time you do and you learn so much what the egoic mind does.
I believe in 'knowing the enemy'.

Yeah I find that interesting... I did try to control my thoughts for a specific period and I think I tried it too hard. So I’ve become quite uncomfortable with it. But softly trying it might not be all that wrong. Thank you!
Old 02-03-2020, 01:47 PM
Master
Thoughts are sometimes like a minefield. It takes great skill to avoid stepping on those mines.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah I find that interesting... I did try to control my thoughts for a specific period and I think I tried it too hard.
So I’ve become quite uncomfortable with it. But softly trying it might not be all that wrong. Thank you!
Remember I said I laugh at them and flick them away like a fly?
I mean you can get mad at your neighbor for all the nutty things she says ---or you can laugh and say --
"Hey I gotta go now...c'ya"

One of the many secrets of life is not to make things so serious!
Some on this forum will say..."But they are serious! Grrr.." I have them on Ignore.

Ever see the movie, "Life is Beautiful" Won Oscars, 1998.
I do think it would be a good one for you to see.
Puts things into perspective a bit.
It does have Nazi content if that bothers you...it usually does me.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,

Old 02-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Remember I said I laugh at them and flick them away like a fly?
I mean you can get mad at your neighbor for all the nutty things she says ---or you can laugh and say --
"Hey I gotta go now...c'ya"

One of the many secrets of life is not to make things so serious!
Some on this forum will say..."But they are serious! Grrr.." I have them on Ignore.

Ever see the movie, "Life is Beautiful" Won Oscars, 1998.
I do think it would be a good one for you to see.
Puts things into perspective a bit.
It does have Nazi content if that bothers you...it usually does me.

Yeah I must say though, admitting the negative and how I feel about it changes things for the better too it seems. At least, when I become positive after that.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah I must say though, admitting the negative and how I feel about it changes things for the better too it seems.
At least, when I become positive after that.
Good, that works for many...whatever gets ya up in the morning...happily.
Rem you posted this in the LOA, manifesting section ---most LOA beliefs or methods advocate go for the better feeling feeling...
that is, imagine what it is you desire rather than focusing much on the problem or block itself.
Even Jesus said, Believe you have already receive that which you asked for.
Neville Goddard has a book "Feeling is the Secret" - Feel you already have the thing.

In a Psychology/Therapy section - I might say figure out why you have the block ---mother issues,
demeaning childhood issues, ya know? And get rid of those hang ups keeping you from happiness---
scream into a pillow, forgive them...but eliminate them as the obstacle to your happiness and clarity.
Cuz clarity is happiness.

Old 02-03-2020, 06:07 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Good, that works for many...whatever gets ya up in the morning...happily.
Rem you posted this in the LOA, manifesting section ---most LOA beliefs or methods advocate go for the better feeling feeling...
that is, imagine what it is you desire rather than focusing much on the problem or block itself.
Even Jesus said, Believe you have already receive that which you asked for.
Neville Goddard has a book "Feeling is the Secret" - Feel you already have the thing.

In a Psychology/Therapy section - I might say figure out why you have the block ---mother issues,
demeaning childhood issues, ya know? And get rid of those hang ups keeping you from happiness---
scream into a pillow, forgive them...but eliminate them as the obstacle to your happiness and clarity.
Cuz clarity is happiness.

Yeah I actually like your therapy answers more. Is there a forum for that? Could you pm me it if it exists? Thank you..
Old 02-03-2020, 07:30 PM
Master

Hi realizefun,

There are thoughts,then there are impulses.

I've started getting these impulses again in the last few days myself.

Look at what your being drawn to and compelled.

It maybe be someone or to learn something new.

Cheers
Old 02-03-2020, 07:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Yeah I actually like your therapy answers more. Is there a forum for that? Could you pm me it if it exists? Thank you..
Try googling something like this:

Books on healing childhood issues (trauma)
Books on the neglected child
Healing the Inner Child
Children of---(alcoholics, narcissists, whatever was the case, incest, cruelty, abuse... )