Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-03-2014, 04:15 AM
4everLove

confusing feelings

So I am putting this in spiritual development because this really has to do with growing for me.

I am recently leaving a situation that has been eating me up so much. It took a lot out of me physically and emotionally. I am exhausted and nothing else seems appealing to me to try to pursue because I am so drained. I knew leaving the situation was the right thing to do (which I felt intuitively, but wasn't sure because I felt scared to do anything). I now am leaving, but I feel a whole bunch of confused feelings, guilty and feeling like I wronged people (even though I never had intentions like that, I just needed to finally take care of myself), and then I also feel sick thinking 'what if' I never got myself out.

I am just wondering if anyone ever felt confused and mixed feelings about something they did which they knew felt right.

I would love to hear from others on this. I just feel so lonely right now, though I know it will get better. Thank you!!

4everlove
Old 01-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Master
Yeah don't worry, most of us have experienced those conflicting thoughts and feelings. The mind can tie you up in the knots, it's always saying 'but what if...?' So find a calm, quiet place if you can, and give your attention to what you're feeling - whatever arises, just acknowledge it, don't try to analyse it or otherwise get lost in thinking.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Guide
It is commendable that you were able to leave a bad situation even with these kind of feelings. You intuitivly know what is best for you but it is hard to do what you know you need to do sometimes. Most of us are givers and we give to the extent of harming ourselves, this is what you have done.

It is time in your life to look out for you. You have learned how easy it is to stay in a situation that is unhealthy, just because that is what people expect of you. Now it is time to learn what you must do to be truly happy, from within. This kind of happiness shines from within and shows outwardly. When you find this happiness you will be surrounded by people who appreciate the type of person you are and people who will feed this happiness, not take away from it.

You are at a low right now because your energy has been drained, your very essence has been stagnated. Once you allow yourself the time you need to recharge and give yourself permission to be happy it will become much easier.

I wish you well. It will be a hard and long journey but well worth it. Congratulations for taking the first steps.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 01-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Lorelyen

Sounds like you're being honest with yourself and that is NO bad thing in spiritual development! As for feelings of guilt and confusion, it depends what inspires you to feel guilty. If someone is trying to apply emotional pressures, you have to resist if you are detaching yourself from a situation sapping your own emotions. I've met one person who was SO emotionally draining... the flow is always one-way - me to them, with no let-up. I had to disentangle myself from it; felt some regret but knew that if I didn't there'd come a break point that...goodness knows what would happen. I had to put up with tears, hysterical fits, you name it, but that only served to distance me further. Any guilt I may have felt I turned into the awareness that I couldn't have someone running on my emotional energy.

It will take time to recharge but be brave, do what you believe is the most honest and right.