Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-02-2011, 12:51 PM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfay
I've got this whole love - hate thing with Facebook, I keep up with friends and family that I haven't seen in years ... I hate it for the same reason. If that makes sense.

Lol, it makes sense!
Old 16-02-2011, 12:13 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava
I think in my case, I sense a couple things hindering my development, at least things that are external. It's not that my friends are bad people - they have really good hearts, it's just something about their friendship does not evolve. I feel myself expanding and I want to get out and explore the world while they will never leave their small city and they will always have the same 'problems' and never try to resolve them.
It's not that complicated for me, mava. In my case, friends (and family) have fallen by the wayside because I simply refuse to participate in relationships in which people judge me and my lifestyle. As well, dishonesty is something I have no time for, and I naturally gravitate away from anyone who displays inauthentic behavior of that sort. But that's the way the world goes round. Relationships come and go, for all sorts of reasons.
Old 16-02-2011, 12:46 PM
mava

Well I think the main complication about it is was do you leave people who have good hearts. I mean if someone did me wrong, I wouldn't surround myself with them. These friends just haven't done anything one way or the other. I feel like I'm moving in the right direction now and I think I'll just gradually pull back from them.

Bbr, have you found a good group of people that you surround yourself with now? I hope so.

I was also thinking about this topic, and how it relates to family - and Bbr, you kind of brought that up. I think it's time i start pulling away from my mother as she isn't helping. My father on the other hand has the kindest heart and I could never leave him.
Old 16-02-2011, 02:31 PM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
To me... One can not figure out who they really are, unless they turn within and take some "time" to do so. That may result in dropping many "things" from one's life. The resonance just isn't there anymore.

Many of my "friends" have shown little to no interest in anything that I have brought into my life. Thus, there is little to discuss anymore.

Other friends have expressed interest on their own, but are all on their own paths.

I have spent the most time "alone" than I ever have in my life, yet I have never felt more at peace with myself.

Some friendships that I thought would last for a very long time, shrivled and went away within a month or two. I personally didn't feel bad. No hard feelings. The empowerment realized from these experiences has been invaluable.

I encourage you, Mava, to do whatever the heck your heart tells you to do. Those who stand in judgement are only fueled by their own fear.

Love.

Lad

thats is how you would feel when you are evolving. peace and love within thats great may you evolve further in your journey
Old 16-02-2011, 02:50 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava
Bbr, have you found a good group of people that you surround yourself with now? I hope so.

I was also thinking about this topic, and how it relates to family - and Bbr, you kind of brought that up. I think it's time i start pulling away from my mother as she isn't helping. My father on the other hand has the kindest heart and I could never leave him.
Hi mava. My experience has been this: Since I became clear regarding my own needs, life has blossomed into a bright and wonderful and loving thing. A decade or so ago, I identified several life issues that were contributing to some very negative energy in my world. And one of them had to do with friends and family who didn't appear to have my best interests in mind. So I walked away from those relationships and never looked back.

I will not spend time with people who believe they have the right to judge and criticize others. That's my bottomline now.

Regarding parents: I respect my parents for this soul journey of mine they were in large part responsible for. But they're just people afterall. My mother is a wise and evolving being, and one of the least judgmental people I know. Because of that I enjoy her company. My father on the other hand was a somewhat cynical, angry individual who had alcohol-abuse issues. Our relationship pretty much ended the day I asked him to stop phoning me when he had been drinking, because I find it unpleasant and uncomfortable speaking to people in that state. He took that as an attack, and that was that. It was unfortunate, but I can't help how people react to my shaping my personal life and private space.

Good luck to you.
Old 18-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Nalini

In my experience, once I found my own path and started walking it obviously a lot of things began to change. My mindset, my body, my aura.. everything. Basically my vibration began to rise. The vibration of those in my family and my friends either stayed the same or just rose at a much slower pace. It's nothing personal against them [ for the most part, but that's another story ], all that it is is that we no longer 'match'! It can be sad and difficult, but "that which is not needed falls away", and once you've learned what you needed from friend A, if they aren't ready to take the next step with you, you find new friends, friend B, to do so.

I hope that makes sense..
Old 18-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
bbr: Since I became clear regarding my own needs, life has blossomed into a bright and wonderful and loving thing. A decade or so ago, I identified several life issues that were contributing to some very negative energy in my world. And one of them had to do with friends and family who didn't appear to have my best interests in mind. So I walked away from those relationships and never looked back.

That's how it's been for me too. And to this day I refuse to either look back or go back. :-)
Old 19-02-2011, 02:14 AM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
Hi mava. My experience has been this: Since I became clear regarding my own needs, life has blossomed into a bright and wonderful and loving thing. A decade or so ago, I identified several life issues that were contributing to some very negative energy in my world. And one of them had to do with friends and family who didn't appear to have my best interests in mind. So I walked away from those relationships and never looked back.

I will not spend time with people who believe they have the right to judge and criticize others. That's my bottomline now.

Regarding parents: I respect my parents for this soul journey of mine they were in large part responsible for. But they're just people afterall. My mother is a wise and evolving being, and one of the least judgmental people I know. Because of that I enjoy her company. My father on the other hand was a somewhat cynical, angry individual who had alcohol-abuse issues. Our relationship pretty much ended the day I asked him to stop phoning me when he had been drinking, because I find it unpleasant and uncomfortable speaking to people in that state. He took that as an attack, and that was that. It was unfortunate, but I can't help how people react to my shaping my personal life and private space.

Good luck to you.

Thank you for sharing your story, you're full of strength.
Old 19-02-2011, 02:16 AM
mava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalini
In my experience, once I found my own path and started walking it obviously a lot of things began to change. My mindset, my body, my aura.. everything. Basically my vibration began to rise. The vibration of those in my family and my friends either stayed the same or just rose at a much slower pace. It's nothing personal against them [ for the most part, but that's another story ], all that it is is that we no longer 'match'! It can be sad and difficult, but "that which is not needed falls away", and once you've learned what you needed from friend A, if they aren't ready to take the next step with you, you find new friends, friend B, to do so.

I hope that makes sense..

That makes perfect sense!

What you said about friends not being ready to take the next step when you find out what you need, this resonates with me so much. Beautiful words, thank you.
Old 19-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Nalini

Awesome, so glad it helped! :)