Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 25-09-2015, 06:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
but that's what is considered lucid dreaming? when You know you are in a dream ? and can even state that?
yes

Quote:
wow - I have been doing that on some nights. Some of my dreams. I can tell that I am dreaming, cause I tell myself "this is a dream" but instead of waking myself up.. I just let it keep going. and if something happens that I don't like - then I try to change the outcome.
classic beginning to learn total control of your dream, more formally known as dream alteration.

Quote:
anyone have thoughts on this? I rarely have nightmares- cause I either, intervene. or tell myself "wake up" and i actually do wake up. doesnt always work though sadly.
ending a dream is a separate skill from alteration

Be a bit careful here though, there are what are called false awakenings. This is where you dream you wake up rather than actually waking up. For whatever reason the dream after the false awakening are extremely realistic.

[advanced] For those wanting to learn advanced skills, one can remain lucid through the waking up process (whether or not it a true awakening or a false one). Yes, this means you can be lucid while awake. Sadly most of the alteration skills are lost when you actually wake up (which is one way to identify a false awakening if you can still alter things). Combining the command to wake up with the ability to remain lucid through the waking up process is a very good way to bring information out of a dream.
Old 25-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Experiencer
thank you Wstein for breaking it down for me! I can say i've never expereinced the false awakening that does sound scary haha.

Now i have dreamed about actually getting up..going to work. and completing my whole day and then i wake up to found out it was only a dream... but i take those as a sign. I try to wear or do everything that happened in that dream
Old 26-09-2015, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
thank you Wstein for breaking it down for me! I can say i've never expereinced the false awakening that does sound scary haha.

Now i have dreamed about actually getting up..going to work. and completing my whole day and then i wake up to found out it was only a dream... but i take those as a sign. I try to wear or do everything that happened in that dream
That IS a false awakening; followed by a real one.

I am curious what effect replaying the dream in waking life has.