Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 24-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Knower
Thumbs up Humanity's Goal?

With recent events playing out as it did, I had a thought one day: What should we, as humans, strive for? I believe that our goal as humans is to strive for the best life possible for our fellow man, whether it be conquering poverity or improving educational opprotunities for girls in Third World countries. I don't intend this to get political, but I just want to discuss what we believe humanity's goal should be.
When life gets you down and you think it's no use, when you don't know who you are and you have nothing to lose, just know you have friends who think you're worth the while, and they always tell you "Why worry, just smile."
Old 24-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Deactivated Account
I think there isn't a universal goal we are all supposed to reach, our goals vary per individual. I also believe it may be possible for some people not to have any goals at all.
Old 24-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceChic99
With recent events playing out as it did, I had a thought one day: What should we, as humans, strive for? I believe that our goal as humans is to strive for the best life possible for our fellow man, whether it be conquering poverty or improving educational opportunities for girls in Third World countries. I don't intend this to get political, but I just want to discuss what we believe humanity's goal should be.
I believe that we should align our individual goal(s) with our individual purpose, and with our purpose of incarnating here, now, as humans.

So we firstly have to find what are those purposes.

The goals you proposed sound nice, but I don't believe they are in line neither with anybody's individual life purpose, nor with the more general purpose of incarnating. So, those goals will probably distract you from what you have to do.

I'd add that humanity's goal should be for each human to fulfill their purpose. It's like school's goal should be that its students fulfill the purpose for which they attend that school.
Old 24-07-2018, 08:55 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that we should align our individual goal(s) with our individual purpose, and with our purpose of incarnating here, now, as humans.

So we firstly have to find what are those purposes.

The goals you proposed sound nice, but I don't believe they are in line neither with anybody's individual life purpose, nor with the more general purpose of incarnating. So, those goals will probably distract you from what you have to do.

I'd add that humanity's goal should be for each human to fulfill their purpose. It's like school's goal should be that its students fulfill the purpose for which they attend that school.

I agree with the caveat that I think it's possible that some souls incarnate solely for the purpose of helping others. To stay with the example, a soul might choose to incarnate to help build schools in Third World countries. This might be those who don't have any major issues anymore themselves.
Old 28-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Guide

I agree with the above that each human being has their individual purpose. But I guess as a whole, the goal is to increase the vibration of the whole Earth. Whether that’s developing yourself as a person and so quietly leading others by example, or going out there and sharing what you have to others.

I’d put it more specifically than how you people put it. I’ve read all kinds of statisticians who talk about the amount of wealth in each country, the employed and unemployed, and all kinds of economical data but they can’t meausure well one thing.

That’s consciousness. The amount of it. I don’t mean happiness, as even enlightened people are perfectly happy. I mean awareness. With enough awareness in the context of wisdom, not just knowledge, then there would be an increasing amount of consciousness for the whole world.

Imagine if economists had psychics that measured conciousness, not the wealth of the middle class or the productivity rate. Imagine if they can sense the countries that need less attention and those that need more, and maybe even zero in which states or provinces need help the most. And in what areas of human rights and developments.

That’d be pretty awesome, don’t you think?
Old 28-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
I agree with the above that each human being has their individual purpose. But I guess as a whole, the goal is to increase the vibration of the whole Earth. Whether that’s developing yourself as a person and so quietly leading others by example, or going out there and sharing what you have to others.

I’d put it more specifically than how you people put it. I’ve read all kinds of statisticians who talk about the amount of wealth in each country, the employed and unemployed, and all kinds of economical data but they can’t measure well one thing.

That’s consciousness. The amount of it. I don’t mean happiness, as even enlightened people are perfectly happy. I mean awareness. With enough awareness in the context of wisdom, not just knowledge, then there would be an increasing amount of consciousness for the whole world.

Imagine if economists had psychics that measured consciousness, not the wealth of the middle class or the productivity rate. Imagine if they can sense the countries that need less attention and those that need more, and maybe even zero in which states or provinces need help the most. And in what areas of human rights and developments.

That’d be pretty awesome, don’t you think?
I don't think that what you propose is or could be the purpose of humanity.

The purpose of a school is to teach its pupils whatever those pupils come to school to learn. What you suggest distracts from the school's purpose to exist.

You seem to consider that life on Earth is primary and the multidimensional Universe is secondary. I consider the opposite to be the case. Is the Sun revolving around the Earth, or the other way around?

Most of us tend to blame others for our condition, ask others to conform to our views, and to do something for us. That has little / no chance to lead to our individual betterment on any plane.
Old 28-07-2018, 08:21 PM
Master

Maybe we should consider this first. What if God is a chicken. Then maybe humanities goal is to close all KFCs haha
Old 29-07-2018, 10:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Maybe we should consider this first. What if God is a chicken. Then maybe humanities goal is to close all KFCs haha

This, although lightly put, is of course true food for thought. The 'God' that we all have heard of in the so-called Christian world is simply seen as a bigger version of a nice old man - simply put.
That the world is a place of mystery in a universe that is even more mysterious we have long recognised.
But, when we look for somewhere to hang our hat we can, at least, turn to evolution. We can relatively easily observe the steps evolution has taken to get the material world where it is today. We can also say, with more than fundamental wisdom that evolution has been during its whole history a process of trial and error. That we are where we are today with all our appliances and techniques doesn't mean in any way that we are striving towards any sort of goal.
What we shouldn't forget is that there is another side to this universe of stuff; some people call it 'spiritual' - personally I call it mind. This spiritual/mind world is evolving too. We have already decided in many cases what its end goal is - perfection/love/return to source/truth and so on. IMO this mind world is evolving too and in its expansion into the future (if that's the right word) relies upon all sorts, all possible sorts of experience. Mind has formed, out of itself, the conditions it requires to constantly add to its own knowledge and understanding of what it can do. Just like the material world the spiritual/mind world has no goal other than to expand into everything.

We sentient beings organic and indeed inorganic, are the tools the mind world uses to assist it in its attempts. It and we and everything has eternity to do so, for no goal will ever be reached, there is no end.
Old 29-07-2018, 06:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
This, although lightly put, is of course true food for thought. The 'God' that we all have heard of in the so-called Christian world is simply seen as a bigger version of a nice old man - simply put.
That the world is a place of mystery in a universe that is even more mysterious we have long recognised.
But, when we look for somewhere to hang our hat we can, at least, turn to evolution. We can relatively easily observe the steps evolution has taken to get the material world where it is today. We can also say, with more than fundamental wisdom that evolution has been during its whole history a process of trial and error. That we are where we are today with all our appliances and techniques doesn't mean in any way that we are striving towards any sort of goal.
What we shouldn't forget is that there is another side to this universe of stuff; some people call it 'spiritual' - personally I call it mind. This spiritual/mind world is evolving too. We have already decided in many cases what its end goal is - perfection/love/return to source/truth and so on. IMO this mind world is evolving too and in its expansion into the future (if that's the right word) relies upon all sorts, all possible sorts of experience. Mind has formed, out of itself, the conditions it requires to constantly add to its own knowledge and understanding of what it can do. Just like the material world the spiritual/mind world has no goal other than to expand into everything.

We sentient beings organic and indeed inorganic, are the tools the mind world uses to assist it in its attempts. It and we and everything has eternity to do so, for no goal will ever be reached, there is no end.

is that your goal then?
Old 30-07-2018, 11:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
is that your goal then?

No it is mine. Which means I lead one to nil