Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-06-2012, 06:38 PM
nama_adrift

i apologize if this is slightly off topic, but does anyone ever get the feeling that this (life) isn't really what they signed up for, and someone lied to them somewhere along the line? i find myself looking around and this thought coming to me all the time, particularly lately.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nama_adrift
i apologize if this is slightly off topic, but does anyone ever get the feeling that this (life) isn't really what they signed up for, and someone lied to them somewhere along the line? i find myself looking around and this thought coming to me all the time, particularly lately.

Well it's easy to overlook the good stuff that happens, from our earth perspective.
All the wonders of life we take for granted.....

When I look back on life I remember the wonderful stuff, the love & beauty, and kinda forget-choose to overlook, the traumatic-scary events.... unless I CHOOSE to remember them.

Perhaps likewise, before coming here, we underestimate or don't appreciate how we may react to many events.
(just my personal take, on MY life)

It's easy to lose perspective of the overall picture, when we're here, "on stage".
Old 05-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Administrator
Hey Nama,

Life is no easy ride, some ppl go through life without major hicups but others suffer. i have always said i didnt want to come back here to me life is hell on earth,its easy to forget whats around when you feel, that you shouldnt be here.
you make the most of the time you have here, for it is only limited,its not so easy to do, but its something that must be done.

Namaste
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Master

I'd suggest you take a tackle on numerology. You'll notice there that it can outline your whole life, who the people around you will be like, and you will connect to those who have similar numbers to yourself (these tend to be your friends.) we picked out our numbers and how things would develop as we grew up, along with where and who we were around. here's an in depth free numerology report. For me and many others I've given it to, it has been scary accurate :) http://www.mysticscripts.com/numerol...ology-reading/ hope you find some answers
Old 06-06-2012, 04:35 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsakra
I have browsed the threads and I think that this is the best place to post my question.
If we were all non-physical beings and choose to come forth for the human experience, how much could we decide about our lives on earth? Did I choose my parents, my country, my race, my physical features all before I got here?
When I leave my earthly body was it agreed before or is my higher self pushing some of the buttons? I find this agreement factor very intriguing.
I would love to hear some points of view, and I love learning new things too.
As far as i am aware i am a physical being coupled with a non physical spirit. What i was in an assumed past is something that i cant explain or claim to be factual truth.

I have followed the life purpose train of thought though it comes with its own dangers for those that believe in it too deepy. I would hate to think that i made an agreement with someone to hurt my children to teach me a lesson on loss or for someone with a mental illness to take my life because i made fun of one of them in a past life. Further to this i would hate to think that someone ould feel that it is their purpose to deliver an agreement that they believe took place between us for my own good. Pre life agreements and karmic consequences dont sit well with me and is not healthy for me to consider.

Every second i spend contemplating where i came from or where i am going is a second wasted of my life experience and is better spent enjoying my family and keeping them safe and loved.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nama_adrift

It's not off-topic nama :) but I get what you mean, yes when I am in THAT situation I think about it that way.

But when my mind is clear and I am again in a much better situation, I think of my "soul" as a crazy reckless "risk-taking" soul, voluntarily picking out the most disorganized situation in order to get the most out of the experience.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM
RichMartini

Wow!! I am totally blown away. Thank you for explaining this concept so perfectly, it is all very clear to me now. <snip> I have just one more question. Everyone has problems or resistance during this human experience ok? So, am I right in understanding that our soul or higherself needs this problem or resistance for the expansion of the eternal soul. Meaning...without the resistance there are no goals or bridges to cross to achieve the expansion? Please answer, because really, really love talking about and learning this stuff. :-). :-)

in a word; yes. the stones that are in your path may very well have been agreed to in advance by you to learn how to overcome them. If you expand that concept outwards you'll find all kinds of unusual reasons for an event to occur, including suffering so that we can learn compassion, or courage, or strength, or forgiveness or some other reason we can't possibly fathom while experiencing it.

I'll give you one example; in a case I filmed, a woman with aquaphobia wanted to do a past life and life between life session to examine the roots of the illness and suddenly found herself drowning in the ocean. She was a male stevedor, had been tossed off by the captain of the ship, and was gagging and drowning during the session. She was furious and swearing at the Captain for having done so, for watching her drown "taking pleasure in it."

<snip> As she was able to rise above and examine this incident she saw the Captain come forward and take her hand and say "You have no idea how hard it was to do that to you in this lifetime." She saw that her soul had agreed to it - as a form of a "contract" as she put it, to experience that. She also saw that she had been a bad comrade on the ship - the vessel had run aground (1872) and they were rationing food and she was caught stealing food and voted off. So she got to examine that experience as well.

And then, as she went further into her life between life session she saw that the Captain is her father in this life, and that he had saved her from drowning when she was a little girl. It was an incident she had forgotten, she knew she nearly drowned, but didn't realize it was her father who had dived into the lake and saved her life. So she was able to accomplish a number of insights in this one session, including overcoming her fear of water - a few months later, I filmed her swimming in the ocean, happy as a clam.

The point is - its very hard to discern why bad things happen to us - but suffice to say once we take judgement and fear off the table - we don't judge those for doing bad things, because we can't possibly know why they're doing them as so many factors are involved, including people asking in advance that they behave badly - it's such a profound reframe for the planet - and the reason I'm running around like a lunatic letting people know about it.

The main thing for me is that if it's true we reincarnate, that we come back here, doesn't it make sense to leave the planet a safe, clean place to come back to?

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Sybilline

Is this Sophie's World?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:53 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMartini
[i] I'll give you one example; in a case I filmed, a woman with aquaphobia wanted to do a past life and life between life session to examine the roots of the illness and suddenly found herself drowning in the ocean. She was a male stevedor, had been tossed off by the captain of the ship, and was gagging and drowning during the session. She was furious and swearing at the Captain for having done so, for watching her drown "taking pleasure in it."

<snip> As she was able to rise above and examine this incident she saw the Captain come forward and take her hand and say "You have no idea how hard it was to do that to you in this lifetime." She saw that her soul had agreed to it - as a form of a "contract" as she put it, to experience that. She also saw that she had been a bad comrade on the ship - the vessel had run aground (1872) and they were rationing food and she was caught stealing food and voted off. So she got to examine that experience as well.

And then, as she went further into her life between life session she saw that the Captain is her father in this life, and that he had saved her from drowning when she was a little girl. It was an incident she had forgotten, she knew she nearly drowned, but didn't realize it was her father who had dived into the lake and saved her life. So she was able to accomplish a number of insights in this one session, including overcoming her fear of water - a few months later, I filmed her swimming in the ocean, happy as a clam.

Im a little confused. If i see someone drowning how do i know if i am the one with the power to let them die being that i may have made a contract with them?

If i let a person drown are there any karmic consequences for me or can i smile safe in the knowledge that someone told me i could watch them die so im safe and sound and blameless.

How do i find out who i am supposed to hurt as it seems i must have made a contract with someone if i am here? Maybe i am meant to toss someone overboard myself? Maybe multiple people...maybe the whole ship!

Do you think god would be pleased that i am acting as his instrument and do i have his blessing?

Sorry to those that are sensitive to this fictional hypothetical approach to questioning beliefs.

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
RichMartini

Hi Res, each incident is related to the person involved. There's no maxim, or over reaching rule, other than we are all connected energetically. That we all come from the same source, and we've lived many lives together, helping each other with our choices of actions. So, if you feel the need to drown the whole ship, is it possible that they all asked you to do so? If they did, then are you doing them a service? How could you know? And as such, if you saw a person drowning, would you save them? Or let them drown? That choice, and the answer to it, only you can know.

So is your question about letting a person drown? The case I cited was a person who was thrown off a ship because he was stealing from his fellow shipmates. He went through that experience of being thrown off a ship because of his cowardice, his greed, a variety of other energies involved. Was the Captain at fault for letting him drown? That was the Captain's job - they took a vote and off he went. The Captain at the time wasn't aware that he had many lifetimes with this sailor, and had agreed in advance to help him act out that life choice, or that he was going to be his father in another life.

Karma, and its consequences, aren't part of the paradigm that I'm speaking of. In this research, karma (sanskrit for action) is redefined. Karma is not something that follows us because of our actions from life to life, causing us to have "bad" lives or "good" lives. Karma is something we examine - between lives we return to a state of bliss, where along with our loved ones and spirit guides choose our next life. If we haven't learned a particular lesson - in avarice, greed, anger - we might choose to have another lifetime where we examine that detail once again. Not because we have to - but because we want to. So the alcoholic father might say between lives "Oh no, don't ask me to play that role again, I hated it." But after some cajoling might say, "Oh all right, because I love you, I'll agree to do it again. But this is the last time."

If you want to follow the actions of a serial killer to the furthest degree, the "what about Hitler" question that comes up frequently, the research shows that for certain individuals who have wreaked havoc on people's lives, they get the opportunity to experience all that negativity in their past life review. Some folks report being sent to a realm that's completely isolated - where they spend a long time examining how their negative actions affected other individuals. Actually experiencing that negativity. (One gent, <snip> had the experience of being the guy he had beaten up some years earlier, tasting the blood and broken teeth and humiliation he had dealt this fellow who's only crime was cutting him off in traffic. Multiply that by all the people a person has influenced negatively, and a past life review might take a long time). And after a time, when they feel they can re enter the stream, and go back to helping other people instead, they do so.

I'm just reporting the research. What they say is that there is no hell between lives- there is no evil power that exists in the between lives realm - that there is no judgment there either, other than our self judging, where we examine the mistakes and lives we've hurt with our actions. (and to add some drama to it, they report that our thoughts carry equal energy, so we can judge ourselves negatively for them as well).

I'm observing that it's a matter of perspective. What we think of as evil on the planet may have a number of ramifications that affect us in a positive way - and since we live many lifetimes, thousands perhaps, then how hard is it to play the role of a difficult life now and then?

I had this discussion with a former Tibetan monk who said "Are you telling me that I would choose to be born a poor black child HIV positive in Africa?" To which I answered "which one of those concepts is a pejorative?" We think that people suffer because of karma, or past lives, but what the evidence or research shows is that people choose difficult lives precisely because they think they can handle them. And it's the height of compassion to offer a lifetime of suffering so others around you can learn about compassion.

And finally, to your question about God's opinion, I filmed an interesting exchange in a session recently. A skeptic, a woman in her 40's who has produced a number of blockbuster movies, agreed to let me film her under hypnosis, during a four hour session. And some of her questions were skeptical in nature; one of them was "What is God?" And during the session, she met with her spirit guide who said "Humans always want to name things so they can get a handle on it. The concept of God is beyond the capacity of the human brain. However you can experience God through feeling - by opening your heart and connecting to all things and people, by doing that you can feel what God is."

So it's really not about pleasing or displeasing God - it's more about trying to understand the mechanism of consciousness - of what happens when we die, where we go, what happens there, and why we choose to come back, and who we choose to come back as. I imagine your questions were facetious, but if you check out Michael's Newton's work <snip> they're dealt with pretty extensively.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:44 AM.