Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 AM
Master
Same goes for a spiritual teacher, if they are asking for any money, I'd stay well clear.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I agree. A true healer will not be motivated by money. Imagine if Jesus had asked for payment

Healing is a spiritual gift, not a mundane job. Finding a real one is likely to be hard unfortunately.

I respectfully disagree and am skeptical of this.

Trying to gain money does not automatically mean greed. Money is just a tool, and how it’s used is what makes it so. Just like different talents are tools — tools we can use for good or bad.

In some communities, especially the spiritual, there seems to be discrimination between anyone who’s looking for riches as “evil”. If they’re all so, then why are there rich businessmen and women out there who donate majority of their millions to those in need?

Giving everything to others is unhelpful. Imagine a relationship where only one person does everything to the other without getting anything back. It would be abusive. Money is not mutually exclusive with true kind intentions, so I don’t see what you mean.

No matter how kind we are, we still have a physical body that needs food, rest, shelter and water — meaning we need money from a job. Imagine if Jesus had no way to have the basic needs he had. He’d die before he would be able to share his gifts.

Some are truly greedy as some say, but for those who are kind and use it for others, I’d personally feel very happy that they can find the opportunities they need to make a better life for themselves and others.

But if you have a different idea to explain, then feel free to tell me.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
A true healer will not be motivated by money. Imagine if Jesus had asked for payment

Healing is a spiritual gift, not a mundane job. Finding a real one is likely to be hard unfortunately.
What do you do in life? Do you work and support yourself? Do you get paid money for what you do? Does that mean you are corrupt, materealistic, selfish, evil, dishonest?

No one is Jesus but a lot of people pretend they are Jesus-like.

The concept of “spiritual gift” leads to the assumption that you are special, chosen and are more evolved as though you earned it. None of these are true. There are petty, ignorant, primitive and narrow-minded people everywhere regardless of their gifts, stature, rank, title in life and so on.

It does not mean your assumption is correct but it is true that a real healer who only gives out free meals is hard to find.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:32 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A healer unless medically qualified should not be charging for their services

anyone with the ability to heal or send healing thoughts.out to anyone would not charge you anyway.
be it over the internet or not
Your thoughts about healing and money are in need of healing themselves. :)

People are free to avail themselves of healing services. If it works for them it is probably money well spent. Whether it works or not is not for others to decide.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Master
It's swings and roundabouts .

A certification hanging on the wall doesn't reflect a healer that is any more able to help others than someone who hasn't trained within a governing body .

I think there is a trend however to put your money / faith on someone certified rather than not .

It's the way of the world unfortunately .

The word is full of scams, full of fake websites, full of fake testimonies .

In regards to healers charging and making money, this has been an ongoing subject for years and each to their own on that score .

Some people don't hesitate to spend a small fortune on a T shirt or a meal out on the town and frown at a healer that makes a living trying to help relieve another's suffering .

I think what is a point worth making is knowing the nature of one's self in reflection of one's ailments .

A healer is not a good or bad healer based upon immediate results .

It really depends on lots of circumstances .

x daz x
Old 07-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A healer unless medically qualified should not be charging for their services

anyone with the ability to heal or send healing thoughts.out to anyone would not charge you anyway.
be it over the internet or not

Namaste

I have the same ethics as you do.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
I respectfully disagree and am skeptical of this.

Trying to gain money does not automatically mean greed. Money is just a tool, and how it’s used is what makes it so. Just like different talents are tools — tools we can use for good or bad.

In some communities, especially the spiritual, there seems to be discrimination between anyone who’s looking for riches as “evil”. If they’re all so, then why are there rich businessmen and women out there who donate majority of their millions to those in need?

Giving everything to others is unhelpful. Imagine a relationship where only one person does everything to the other without getting anything back. It would be abusive. Money is not mutually exclusive with true kind intentions, so I don’t see what you mean.

No matter how kind we are, we still have a physical body that needs food, rest, shelter and water — meaning we need money from a job. Imagine if Jesus had no way to have the basic needs he had. He’d die before he would be able to share his gifts.

Some are truly greedy as some say, but for those who are kind and use it for others, I’d personally feel very happy that they can find the opportunities they need to make a better life for themselves and others.

But if you have a different idea to explain, then feel free to tell me.

Hi Serendipity Lizard, I respectfully acknowledge your respectful disagreement

I am a healer, after about two years I had a dream saying 'If you want to go any further, you absolutely cannot charge anything for healing, ever,' and in my dream I had to sign a contract to this effect. When I woke up I thought about it for a day or two, and made a promise that I would never charge, no matter what.

Things like looking after monetary life matters have to be placed in the hands of the Gods, either do some other work and offer healings free, or go the whole hog and trust that God will provide.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:25 AM
Guide

Quote:
Hi Serendipity Lizard, I respectfully acknowledge your respectful disagreement

I am a healer, after about two years I had a dream saying 'If you want to go any further, you absolutely cannot charge anything for healing, ever,' and in my dream I had to sign a contract to this effect. When I woke up I thought about it for a day or two, and made a promise that I would never charge, no matter what.

Things like looking after monetary life matters have to be placed in the hands of the Gods, either do some other work and offer healings free, or go the whole hog and trust that God will provide.

Interesting input. Though as a medium, asking a spirt recently on his opinion who’s seen these situations before — some healers are called to not ask for payment and others should. Not every healer’s case will be the same as yours.

Some may very well be able to do great things in their healing even without monetary reward, but for others, payment from healing can be their only option to survive with little education and opportunities.

And sometimes there needs to be some self responsibility — as even the universe can’t provide everything to everyone perfectly. If it could, everyone would have happy lives, but sadly, very few feel entirely fulfilled.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Master
Everyone has their own spin on this, so this is mine.
The reason we get ill and have problems is karmic. Sometimes it is time for that karma to pass and we find a healer who helps that take place, sometimes we have to endure, and healers might help burn a little of the karma off, but that is all they can do.
No human healer can guarantee anything, Their intent is very important when healing, by this I mean why they are doing it. If there is an element of ego there, getting off on being the `big spiritual` healer then this is not so good for the healer karmically
Old 08-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Master
There should always be a level of balance, within the created world. A level of give and take. If one is seeing a healer, or a medium, whatever, and just taking, taking, taking, you are creating an imbalance of energies. And chances are, the person, probably is not respecting the energies, or the person providing them to you.

Seeing a healing/medium/guide whatever you want to, you are for one, seeing them on their time. They are giving you time, they are giving you energy, they are giving you a vast wealth of knowledge, love, and support. If you are just going and taking all of that, without offering to return anything to them. Well, it would be kind of rude... See, the thing is, money is not the root of all evil. Money is an exchange of energies. But beyond that, there are various other ways to exchange energies to them as well. Such as perhaps buying them a meal to eat. Or, maybe giving them gas money. This world is all word of mouth. So spreading the words of them. Sharing things for them. Is also helpful as well.

Many people also rent spaces for this work, and the last time I checked, you can't tell your landlord that you are not paying rent ever, because you are doing healing work.

Quote:
I agree. A true healer will not be motivated by money. Imagine if Jesus had asked for payment

Well, Jesus told his disciples this. "11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave."

Which, is asking for a payment of energy to be exchanged. Staying in someone's house. They would shelter you. They also would probably feed you. And maybe even clothe you. So, energy is exchanged. And you are staying there for as long as you are doing your work in that town. Which could be a week, or months, or even years. So energy is exchanged.

So it's one thing to be "motivated" by money as you say. And only do it for the money. It's another to be open to an exchange of energies/money/whatever.

Then the question is, how many are doing it without an exchange because they believe they are doing it for a heavenly exchange, and pay off in heaven?