Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-01-2018, 09:02 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello

Was it by any chance this video? The Invocation of Lilith

Lepus

Ha! You hit it in one! She even blew the candles out at the end!! No eucharist?! Oh dear me. Well it doesn't look like Lilith was inspired to come forth.
Old 13-01-2018, 09:23 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Saw about 5 mins of this the other day ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ErjpGDvfVQ

x daz x

LOL. I listened to 10 mins and.... it sounded like someone who's read a few posts here, read a bit of the Qabalistic legend... It'll suit someone who wants to start on the Lilith current but not as in the original legend, rather the way the current is being usurped by women who feel the need to be more feisty and virago-like!

But we have our beliefs. I think she's a well-meaning fake. Others may choose to believe her. Why fake to me? Because 1) she doesn't have the sensual drive of Lilith as She's been "felt" across the ages. Lilith resides on the dark side of the Tree of Life - or we're talking about a different Lilith. And 2) we can all get into deep trance and voice all sorts of things, descriptions of what we see/feel/hear in the remotest parts of our inner worlds if the trance is deep enough; we can pre-program at least some of what we're trying to find - but that doesn't mean the outpourings are valid for any- or everyone else.

There are far more fake psychics and channellers than genuine ones so I attend carefully. Time I learned to do this stuff. There's money to be made.

Just my views. I rest my case.
Old 13-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
..... Ah the time honored tradition of demonizing women....

Which is why this legend would be so appalling but for many others that affect men. I sometimes wonder what the spiritual atmosphere was like before men realised they were involved in the reproductive process?

In the Qabalistic reckoning - I'm no adept; still a great deal to absorb - things balance not just on the light side of the Tree, left and right about the Middle Pillar; similarly on the dark side; and between both sides. Men demonise women probably to keep the upper hand but interestingly, as the old religions fail, women are achieving parity.

One can't help notice a volume of web articles in which "feminists" have appropriated Lilith almost as a beacon to equality except that's just one aspect of Her. Purely personally I tend more to the spirit of Emmeline Pankhurst (in the UK) as a real figure who can be understood rather than glamorising a dark and dangerous entity bestowed with a predatory sexuality!
Old 14-01-2018, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Ah the time honored tradition of demonizing women....
All too often, peeps who subscribed to Oneness as a philosophy (idea-relating-to-Reality scheme) can't handle the idea of equality (equal importance) of both parts in a dance between 'polarities' (i.e. dual interrelated functionalities) like 'positive' and 'negative' or 'masculine' and 'feminine', ..

... so they postulate that one of them must be 'lesser' and hierarchically subordinated to the other. It 'discombobulates' their thinking (about their philosophy) otherwise and so 'threatens' their sense of 'order' (their 'security blanket') in the universe.

Hence 'light', 'whiteness', 'maleness' etc. being (irrationally!) 'glorified' - angels are portrayed as being 'white' and 'God' is portrayed as being supremely 'male' - and 'darkness', 'blackness', 'femaleness' etc. being 'demonized' as 'bad', at least not as 'good', and relegated to 'second class' status.

Its not just 'women' and 'femininity' that are experienced as 'threatening' and so demonized (that is, if they don't 'stay' in their 'places' - the kitchen, the nursery, the bedroom, etc.) in other words.

The arenas of (ideational) Oneness, Non Duality, Monotheism, etc. are riddled with a huge number of absurdities stemming from such irrationality.

Me thinks only a philosophy based on the concept of panentheism, if and as adopted and promulgated to the point where it become the preeminent in people's (in general) thinking, will deliver us from such foolishness.

This involves much more than what are called '(human) civil rights' or 'women's rights'. The entirety of Nature is involved. We who would take 'humanity' to a 'higher' level must at all times actively speak and relate in ways which don't simply 'respectfully' 'honor' but rather thoughtfully challenge) mindless and/or illegitimately propagandistic uses (abuses! really) of labels and slogans such as Oneness, Non Duality, God (singular), Christ, Allah hu Akbar, etc. because these will otherwise just continue to be co-opted and misused by 'simple minded' and 'fear hearted' folks!

Even seeming non-sexist advocacy of what is called 'selflessness' and 'egolessness' (wherein 'self' and 'ego' are in effect 'demon'ized) may be propagandized and misused in such fashion by 'elitists' of all sorts (who are often 'wolves wearing sheep's clothing disguises' in this regard).
Old 14-01-2018, 03:36 AM
Experiencer
Lilith left Eden because she realized it wasn't a paradise at all, but merely a playground for God's pets. She didn't want to God's pet, so she left. Simple as that. I would've went with her. God doesn't deserve his position and followers of the left hand path understand this intuitively. God is not special/omnipotent just because he is the original creative force, there are many other creative forces that don't enjoy God's status. It's unfair on a deep, cosmic level. The left hand path is all about leveling the playing field, finding one's true self and attaining godhood in spite of the "great God" and his wishes.
Old 14-01-2018, 04:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
Lilith left Eden because she realized it wasn't a paradise at all, but merely a playground for God's pets. She didn't want to God's pet, so she left. Simple as that. I would've went with her. God doesn't deserve his position and followers of the left hand path understand this intuitively. God is not special/omnipotent just because he is the original creative force, there are many other creative forces that don't enjoy God's status. It's unfair on a deep, cosmic level. The left hand path is all about leveling the playing field, finding one's true self and attaining godhood in spite of the "great God" and his wishes.

how is that working for you?
Old 14-01-2018, 05:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
how is that working for you?

Um......fine, I guess?
Old 14-01-2018, 02:03 PM
Master
Quote:
How is this working for you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
Um......fine, I guess?
I don't have a 'need' or 'hunger' to 'glorify' myself by 'glorifying' a 'God' who I see myself as a/the creation or offspring of.

I actually think that beingness in all its 'ordinary' forms as well as said 'forms' (souls? patterns?) themselves - mine included - are delightfully amazing and impressively delightful, and so, when and where presented with the opportunity. love and enjoy 'intimate'ly interacting with such as playfully possible as is!

Churches, Altars and 'humble' Worship ('pooja' or otherwise) ceremonies don't make any sense in the context with such friendly-being-to-friendly-being WAY of LIFE-BEING.

I am "God's" appreciative 'child', sibling, 'spouse', and parent' and He/She/It is mine, if you can grok what I mean.

This is the same kind of 'relationship' to LIFE that Jesus pointed to when he said things like "I am in the Father and the Father is in me" and “At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.” (John 14:20), I think.

The train for Jordan is at the station - get on board, any and all who will!

I think that the ESSENCE (or essential source-code 'program') of LIFE (a/k/a 'God') is Love and Joy, BTW.

If any of this turns you on, there's more (23 pages worth) at:
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload..._meant-ch1.pdf
Old 14-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I don't have a 'need' or 'hunger' to 'glorify' myself by 'glorifying' a 'God' who I see myself as a/the creation or offspring of.

I actually think that beingness in all its 'ordinary' forms as well as said 'forms' (souls? patterns?) themselves - mine included - are delightfully amazing and impressively delightful, and so, when and where presented with the opportunity. love and enjoy 'intimate'ly interacting with such as playfully possible as is!

Churches, Altars and 'humble' Worship ('pooja' or otherwise) ceremonies don't make any sense in the context with such friendly-being-to-friendly-being WAY of LIFE-BEING.

I am "God's" appreciative 'child', sibling, 'spouse', and parent' and He/She/It is mine, if you can grok what I mean.

This is the same kind of 'relationship' to LIFE that Jesus pointed to when he said things like "I am in the Father and the Father is in me" and “At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.” (John 14:20), I think.

The train for Jordan is at the station - get on board, any and all who will!

I think that the ESSENCE (or essential source-code 'program') of LIFE (a/k/a 'God') is Love and Joy, BTW.

If any of this turns you on, there's more (23 pages worth) at:
http://davidsundom.weebly.com/upload..._meant-ch1.pdf
P.S. I experience BEING here as paradisiacal now (its been a quite the trip getting to this point. To tell you the truth, the idea of running around being naked (I am always 'naked' under my clothes ) and being 'immortal' and never experiencing any kind of unhappiness as long as I obidiently don't 'ingest' and 'digest' (or aspire to) the 'fruit' of certain kinds of knowledge as 'commanded to' not do by a dictatorial Patriarch never struck me as really being paradisiacal - except in the sense that "Ignorance is Bliss" - in the first place.

Reprising something I posted in another thread recently:
Old 14-01-2018, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
All too often, peeps who subscribed to Oneness as a philosophy (idea-relating-to-Reality scheme) can't handle the idea of equality (equal importance) of both parts in a dance between 'polarities' (i.e. dual interrelated functionalities) like 'positive' and 'negative' or 'masculine' and 'feminine', ..

... so they postulate that one of them must be 'lesser' and hierarchically subordinated to the other. It 'discombobulates' their thinking (about their philosophy) otherwise and so 'threatens' their sense of 'order' (their 'security blanket') in the universe.

Hence 'light', 'whiteness', 'maleness' etc. being (irrationally!) 'glorified' - angels are portrayed as being 'white' and 'God' is portrayed as being supremely 'male' - and 'darkness', 'blackness', 'femaleness' etc. being 'demonized' as 'bad', at least not as 'good', and relegated to 'second class' status.

Its not just 'women' and 'femininity' that are experienced as 'threatening' and so demonized (that is, if they don't 'stay' in their 'places' - the kitchen, the nursery, the bedroom, etc.) in other words.

The arenas of (ideational) Oneness, Non Duality, Monotheism, etc. are riddled with a huge number of absurdities stemming from such irrationality.

Me thinks only a philosophy based on the concept of panentheism, if and as adopted and promulgated to the point where it become the preeminent in people's (in general) thinking, will deliver us from such foolishness.

This involves much more than what are called '(human) civil rights' or 'women's rights'. The entirety of Nature is involved. We who would take 'humanity' to a 'higher' level must at all times actively speak and relate in ways which don't simply 'respectfully' 'honor' but rather thoughtfully challenge) mindless and/or illegitimately propagandistic uses (abuses! really) of labels and slogans such as Oneness, Non Duality, God (singular), Christ, Allah hu Akbar, etc. because these will otherwise just continue to be co-opted and misused by 'simple minded' and 'fear hearted' folks!

Even seeming non-sexist advocacy of what is called 'selflessness' and 'egolessness' (wherein 'self' and 'ego' are in effect 'demon'ized) may be propagandized and misused in such fashion by 'elitists' of all sorts (who are often 'wolves wearing sheep's clothing disguises' in this regard).

This might be a little hard to follow, or not.

But basically I experience it all being True simultaneously. If I'm looking from the human third dimension then everything is illuminated through duality - a comparison in opposites and polarities. We can derive better understanding of something through seeing both sides of the scale/coin.
However if I pull out of ego into Higher Self from that view it is All One, the previously seen duality/opposite spectrums doesn't exist but is part of the over all texture of 'the thing'. The whole scale/coin is seen and experienced in fullness and animated by the same Source energy as everything else - a part of everything else.

While it would horrify my Christian parents to no end, it would be fair in some way to call me an Animist because I see/experience consciousness in all living things. Somethings operate at higher vibrational frequency's through opening their hearts, these beings we recognize as the saints, sages, mystics, Jesus, Buddha's of our times, yet it all comes from the same Source Pool of energy, it is Source/God/Creator expressing in conjunction with that illuminated Being.

The only thing separating any of us from Fullness and Illumination is, as you said 'fear-heartedness".
As humans in our egoic humanness we tend to scrutinize experience through the microscope, nothing wrong with that, but it really can be a relief to look through the telescope sometimes. :)