Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 18-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Guide
Happy Diwali

We wish you Happy Diwali, and Prosperous New Year from The Day After Tomorrow.
Yasterday we performed DhanTeras Pooja, Today is Chhoti Diwali and Tomorow is Badi Diwali (Big Diwali).
Old 18-10-2017, 10:19 AM
Knower
Happy Diwali to you too Divine Consiousness ,and all the rest of this forum.

I have started to prepare for some house cleening here tonight. As I learned the Godess Lakshmi don't make a visit otherwise. Traditional way of worshipping the Shakti in the form of abundance...Shree Mahalakshmi..is to clean out and beautify.
I'm not indian and not knowing all the tricks...
But have over the years come to enjoy the festivals and rituals to the various deity's of the Hindu pantheon.

On the balcony I found some pink flowers to put in front of a lakshmi murti.
and then collected some gold coins too....

Here's a pic from the windowsill
Old 19-10-2017, 10:41 AM
Guide
Its, Lovely, brother, in devotion altar & scale does not matter, you can put Jesus phhoto or statue too along with Mother Goddess Lakshm, we clean house before & at the day of Diwali, Altar we place Mahalakshmi's photo, Silver coins, if available gold coin then gold coins too, fruits & A glass of water and sweets and flower.
At altar we light Diyas in front of photo of Mother Goddess Mahalakshmi, you may light candle too. and we after Diwali pooja place these diyas at each door of Windows and Doors and one main Diya for center hall to welcome Mother Goddess Mahalakshmi. remember devotion shall not be lost in rituals, devotion is most important along with immense happiness. After Diwali pooja at night, zero hours, Hindu New Year start. Mother Mahalakshmi according to us controls Earth, Hell & the Heaven and Prana of living beings. She bless us complete Moksha (freedom from life and death cycle after this life and place us to God, adore God infinite. we use lights as this is festival of light and play fire crackers & arial outs too.

Old 20-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Knower
Yeah right...the intent is what is important in the worship.

For me it builded up during the day. After the cleaning while listening to Lakshmi mantras, and offering the cleaning to her, I placed more flowers to her.

Then taking a walk to town to meet my youngest son and seeing a movie.

On the way I had my pocket full of money coins. So on the way beggars got coins in their begging cups....while thinking of Lakshmi and repeating her mantra 'Shrim'.

The fruit of practice whas felt quite noticeable in the evening, while sitting in front of the altar and doing a little meditation......

The tantric deity meditation was done. Visualising Ma Lakshmi in front of me.....saying mantras to her....then imagining her being blended into my energy into my heart...feeling her inside me....

A clearly felt blissful energy was felt within in a rather powerful way. Lots of love and bliss. Lakshmi's signum

Thanks for sharing about your practice.....