Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 25-05-2018, 01:07 AM
Knower

Symbolism of the Heron--a heron landed on my head today XD

Elo there, I'm someone that deeply believes that coincidences aren't just coincidences and everything that happens in the physical realm have spiritual significance and was wondering what people feel this means?

I volunteer at a nature center where we have alot of rehabilitated animals to be released but the animals outside in the part where I work are unreleasable for one reason or another but today even though I only care for the owls at one point I go through an enclosure with a duck and a heron. I usually never notice the heron much...Today the heron looked at me strangely; crest poofed up, neck stretched out towards me watching me with it's bright red eyes and it flew to the nearest branch towards me and flew atop my head and was just flapping his wings trying to balance on my head while I screamed then started laughing I put my arms up to try to get him on that instead and he perched on my arm for a bit; then back to my head flapping to gain balance..this all lasted about a minute...as soon as people came up to see what the commotion was about he flew off of me but I found it all very interesting and amusing. At first I was certain he was attacking me for food or something which was apparently not the case by the end as he was already fed for the day (he didn't finish it) and he had no interest in anything I was carrying; just in perching on me. What is your experience with symbolism of the heron-it was a black crowned night heron. I suppose I was mostly wondering how you would read this if it were a dream?

Side note..I used to have lots of birds and an aviary in my room where I left the door wide open and they could fly about even I was sleeping and one time I got home very sick from the hospital after a minor surgery feeling like throwing up and plopped into bed feeling horrible after a min or two one of my cockatiels actually the "feisty" one who would peck you if you even touched her landed on my head and settled into it and when she did I felt all of my nausea and sickness go away instantly and I fell asleep. Maybe he had some intention like that today? Not sure..but was kind of cool to experience especially from a "wild" creature. XD

Last edited by paperw1ngs : 25-05-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 25-05-2018, 03:38 AM
Knower

Oh I just remembered the last show I watched was an episode of GOT where john snow got attacked in the face by a hawk..coincidence? Maybe not? lol :P
Old 25-05-2018, 04:11 AM
Administrator
Hello

It is possible that its an Animal Guide that you have. We all have one or more animal guides or animial familiars with us. For me its the Crow, they are never far from me.

Lynn

HERON

* The ability to watch patiently for results

* Gaining dignity and self confidence for facing personal problems
Old 25-05-2018, 06:12 AM
Knower

Ohh interesting I never thought about herons much to be honest; I have a thing with all birds I believe though; something that just impact every part of my life.. For years I got symbols of crows; it's stuck with me they come to me in dreams and in life; feathers; symbols...then owls for years I got signs then got an opportunity to work with them; many other birds as well...dreams and signs of the thunderbird I even knew what it was..I've gotten alot of signs of coyote and wolves, bears, horses, and whales as well..whales especially hit a deep spot home. I havn't looked much into animal guides because I have so many animals I connect to on a deep level, maybe at some point I will..I just feel connected to most all of them given the chance I don't want to be selective. :P

The part of the heron descriptions I really resonated with was waiting patiently for the perfect opportunity to act quickly and strike for my goals. I love that! ALSO the first thing I read on their symbolism was the need to ground and balance yourself...seems what he was doing atop my head and you see from my crystal post that I definitely need both grounding and balance in my life. hehe Thank you!