Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 07-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Knower

Question Seeking help

Hi everyone

Firstly, I am new here. And I haven't witnessed so much kindness in such a long time! I am really happy I stumbled upon this forum.

Throughout my life, I have experienced much paranormal activity. Some what I would call "general" experiences such as seeing spirits (none threatening) and lights, and some that a very intimidating and quite frightening such as unearthly growls in my ear and being followed by a tall cloaked figure walking home. As well as hundreds of distant whispers in my ear or many people whispering my name over and over.

Not long after moving into the house I am in now, I had a dream about a pretty young woman who lived in this house. She was in her late 20s, had long dark hair and a lovely face. A kindred spirit, and wore a white long nightgown, perhaps 30s era. I will call her "Emily". In this dream (in my dream, I was in my house. I was watching from a corner of the room up by the ceiling - no one could see me) Emily and a man were arguing. From what I picked up, they had been having a love affair. This man then killed Emily, and left her in what is now my home. I have found no records to prove this happened, but I am adamant it took place. My dad has seen Emily, he has woken to her standing beside his bed watching him a few times.

I also used to have a vision when I was a child, and lived else where in the country (England) When I moved away, this vision stopped. It was rather disturbing (for a child especially) and I am certain I was being asked for help. If anyone should want to know more about this, please inbox me.

I just wondered whether there is anyone who could guide me in the right direction of finding a safe way of communicating with the spirits I encounter. I believe they try to communicate with me, but majority of the time I am too spooked and hide (The frightened child in me!)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest wishes sent your way,

Kis
Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 PM
NekoTheCat

i believe the best way to communicate with the spirits, if you so wish to do, is by a meditation..NEVER EVER use a ouija board, or other similar tools.
maybe you can tarot cards or oracle cards during the meditation, but it really depends on how connected you are to them..
and if you're too scared to communicate with the spirit, it may be best if you didnt, as your fear may attract other unwanted presences/entities.
always say your prayers before bed, even if you don't really believe in them -the power of hundred of years old prayers can do wonders about your fear. :)
Old 07-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Juanita

I'm sure that you will get some helpful replys.....the only thing that I know to do with earthbound spirits is to tell them to look for the light and to go into the light......they will either listen or not...... you have a "gift" but need to learn to control it...there are classes out there usually held by Mediums or even a Spiritulist Church if there is one in your area.....good luck.......
Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Knower

Thank you NekoTheCat and Juanita.

I have no desire to attempt a ouija board, I have heard far too many horror stories involving those from other peoples experiences.

I have tarot cards, that I have casually used over a few years. I will try this technique and let you know how I get on.

I believe we have a spiritualist church very close by. I will look into it.

Intimidating spirits, I will not encourage. It is really just to focus on the spirits who are purely wanting my help.

Thanks again.

Kis
Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Sangress

If it was me I'd ask myself why I'm afraid and whether there is truly any danger. I would basically learn to assess each spirit and situation in a respectfull and accepting manner regardless of my emotional reaction.

I would also find methods of self protection should there ever be a problem. Learning energy shielding and behaving in a non-threatening way tends to work the best for most people.

Other than that I would research everything I could and discard methods that dont feel "right" for me and keep working on and looking into methods that work and that I feel comfortable with.

this is just what I would do.

Everyone is unique and has their own path and methods of learning, so I think its important for you to explore all avenues in a safe and comfortable way.

No one can tell you what is right for you, that is for your soul to decide, but they can certainly offer suggestions for you to look into.

I feel like I have to tell you that this is a process of self discovery more than anything and until your ready to accept yourself (regardless of whether you like some of the things you expereince or not) then it may be difficult to accept others and not be "spooked" by it all. Do this for yourself, because you feel you are ready, not because you feel an obligation to others. (Not sure why all that came to mind, but perhaps it makes more sense to you than it does to me. *shrugs*)

Hope that helps.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Knower

Thank you Sangress.

I believe you are right, and my intention is to find my own personal way but I would like to be pointed in the right direction and hope that some people may share their own personal experiences simply as an example of the possibilities.

The spirits and activity I have encountered that aren't threatening in any way, I simply accept and carry on best I can. I'm yet to communicate with one and this is what I want to do. To help them best I can.

The threatening and frightening encounters are the ones I have spooked over. Like the growl, for example and a recent experience of opening a door to an unlit room of my home and having "someone" jump out at me (it was more frightening than it sounds..the spirit gave off a terrible energy) giving the sense that I am not welcome to enter the room. I swiftly closed the door and went to bed without a drink (I was on my way to the kitchen) Those experiences I want to learn to handle in a less "childish" way and be assertive that this behaviour is not welcome.

I have suffered with depression since childhood, and I sometimes wonder whether this "gift" might have some bearing on it (obviously speaking more of the negative spirits) But, I could be wrong there. Perhaps I'll never know.

Sorry for the large message. I feel like I have so much to say, I've never really openly spoken about this subject beyond close family.

Thanks again.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Sangress

No need to apologise for speaking your mind. This is your place to do so. :)

I think perhaps slowly easing yourself into the less favourable conditions and learning more about it (and how to handle it) from trial and error could be a good way to learn.

I wouldnt say that approaching spirits who seem dangerious would be wise, but just being aware and going that little bit further and staying nearby them that little bit longer can give a lot of insights rather than reacting on instinct immediately and running.

I suppose you could say that expanding your sense of security to its limit through repeated exposure to a situation (as well as gaining tolerance,) could be a nice way of learning.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kis
Hi everyone

Firstly, I am new here. And I haven't witnessed so much kindness in such a long time! I am really happy I stumbled upon this forum.

Throughout my life, I have experienced much paranormal activity. Some what I would call "general" experiences such as seeing spirits (none threatening) and lights, and some that a very intimidating and quite frightening such as unearthly growls in my ear and being followed by a tall cloaked figure walking home. As well as hundreds of distant whispers in my ear or many people whispering my name over and over.

Not long after moving into the house I am in now, I had a dream about a pretty young woman who lived in this house. She was in her late 20s, had long dark hair and a lovely face. A kindred spirit, and wore a white long nightgown, perhaps 30s era. I will call her "Emily". In this dream (in my dream, I was in my house. I was watching from a corner of the room up by the ceiling - no one could see me) Emily and a man were arguing. From what I picked up, they had been having a love affair. This man then killed Emily, and left her in what is now my home. I have found no records to prove this happened, but I am adamant it took place. My dad has seen Emily, he has woken to her standing beside his bed watching him a few times.

I also used to have a vision when I was a child, and lived else where in the country (England) When I moved away, this vision stopped. It was rather disturbing (for a child especially) and I am certain I was being asked for help. If anyone should want to know more about this, please inbox me.

I just wondered whether there is anyone who could guide me in the right direction of finding a safe way of communicating with the spirits I encounter. I believe they try to communicate with me, but majority of the time I am too spooked and hide (The frightened child in me!)

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest wishes sent your way,

Kis

souls coming to you by way of a dream is for you- to make it easier for you. generally when you wake up you have a general feeling of what the message was.

as you begin to see them in your minds eye. while you are awake.. you want to relax so the message can come through..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kis
Thank you Sangress.

I believe you are right, and my intention is to find my own personal way but I would like to be pointed in the right direction and hope that some people may share their own personal experiences simply as an example of the possibilities.

The spirits and activity I have encountered that aren't threatening in any way, I simply accept and carry on best I can. I'm yet to communicate with one and this is what I want to do. To help them best I can.

The threatening and frightening encounters are the ones I have spooked over. Like the growl, for example and a recent experience of opening a door to an unlit room of my home and having "someone" jump out at me (it was more frightening than it sounds..the spirit gave off a terrible energy) giving the sense that I am not welcome to enter the room. I swiftly closed the door and went to bed without a drink (I was on my way to the kitchen) Those experiences I want to learn to handle in a less "childish" way and be assertive that this behaviour is not welcome.

I have suffered with depression since childhood, and I sometimes wonder whether this "gift" might have some bearing on it (obviously speaking more of the negative spirits) But, I could be wrong there. Perhaps I'll never know.

Sorry for the large message. I feel like I have so much to say, I've never really openly spoken about this subject beyond close family.

Thanks again.

this might sound silly to some, but I would treat a spirit the same way that I would treat a physical person....If I opened the door and encountered that situation, I would probably chastise this entity with a few choice words...I definitely would not let him think that I feared him as that would probably make him feel stronger......I don't often have problems with negative energy, but if I feel a negative vibration that is giving me "bad" thoughts that are not mine, I usually give it a mental/spiritual karote chop and tell it to go away.....but I have no fear that I am aware of anyway....when the worst that you can imagine has already happened, there is nothing left to fear.....and once you realize that separation is only an illusion, the journey gets easier..... what I can say is to try "always" to come from a place of love.......where there is total love, there is no fear.....and as I said before, tell them to look for the light and to go into the light....if they are earthbound then they probably don't even realize they are dead and won't see the help that is being offered to them by others in spirit.......... IMO