Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 19-06-2018, 07:19 AM
Newbie ;)

looking into a mirror

Hello everyone, first-timer poster here! I had a dream quite a while ago, a few months now I think, but since I've only recently discovered this forum I'd love to read everyone's thoughts on it here.

The dream started out normally weird, but then it got more and more lucid, until finally I was wandering around in a great mansion. I came into this golden extravagant room and become aware that I was in a dream, so I try to control the things that are happening. Like most people, the first thing I do is try to fly (haha), and I managed to levitate a little. I read somewhere that in your dream you're not supposed to see your own reflection, and there was a huge mirror on the wall with golden frames so I decided to test that theory. I do see myself in the mirror, though it's a much wilder, slight crazy version of me, with long unkempt hair that was flowing everywhere instead of my shoulder length, rather tame hair.

The dream left me with a weird feeling the entire day too. The only way I can describe it is if there was a one-eyed giant bending over you in the background, watching your every move. It's not a recent dream by any means but I think about it from time to time. Does it mean anything?
Old 19-06-2018, 01:07 PM
Master
it was you coming to view yourself through the perspective of your 'higher self'.
the one-eyed giant would be descriptive of your higher self identity from the
perspective of your earthly self, and the 'wild child' reflection is how you've
imagined your higher self to perceive your mundane form.

welcome to the forums honey orchid.
Old 19-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Oh, that's interesting, I'm going to need to read up on this "higher self" thing now. Thank you for your insight!
Old 19-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey orchid
Oh, that's interesting, I'm going to need to read up on this "higher self" thing now. Thank you for your insight!
the higher self is what you are growing into being.
it's the version of you that's made progress through the evolutionary
forces you apply at this time... it's your potential become realized.
Old 19-06-2018, 02:31 PM
Knower
That sounds like a fun dream. I too had some lucid dreams. I also enjoyed floating around and discovering new things in drrams but the problem for me was that it started confusing me that what is dream and what is real. Since then I have been sticking to this world. Grounding.
Old 19-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
That sounds like a fun dream. I too had some lucid dreams. I also enjoyed floating around and discovering new things in drrams but the problem for me was that it started confusing me that what is dream and what is real. Since then I have been sticking to this world. Grounding.

Yeah it was quite a fun experience until the mirror freaked me out a little and the weird feeling wouldn't go away for the better half of the day. I don't have that many lucid dreams though so I don't have a big problem with grounding.
Old 19-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Master
my sense of things is that grounding is more than merely being attuned to
present day reality... it involves drawing spiritual energies from the cosmos,
and channeling (directing) them into the heart of mother earth.
Old 19-06-2018, 03:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Oh, I've got a lot of reading to do about grounding too haha. Spirituality is such a big topic.
Old 19-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
my sense of things is that grounding is more than merely being attuned to
present day reality... it involves drawing spiritual energies from the cosmos,
and channeling (directing) them into the heart of mother earth.

My understanding of grounding is that it is a state in which a person normally is, unless he/she meditates or has some spiritual experience. Every normal person is naturally grounded as he is unaware of any spiritual energy or anything spiritual. Spiritual experience are usually triggered by some unsual circumstances and they are further enhanced by knowledge. If a person is troubled by the spiritual stuff then that is a sign of weak grounding. So for me grounding is to be indulged in this world. Whereas to meditate is to indulge in the spiritual world. That is my understanding of grounding.
Old 19-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespiritual1
My understanding of grounding is that it is a state in which a person normally is, unless he/she meditates or has some spiritual experience. Every normal person is naturally grounded as he is unaware of any spiritual energy or anything spiritual. Spiritual experience are usually triggered by some unsual circumstances and they are further enhanced by knowledge. If a person is troubled by the spiritual stuff then that is a sign of weak grounding. So for me grounding is to be indulged in this world. Whereas to meditate is to indulge in the spiritual world. That is my understanding of grounding.
there's nothing wrong about that perspective (as far as i know).
yet, for you to have had wondrous dream-time experiences, and then
to cease those for fear of losing touch with reality seems a sad result.
if you were to think of yourself as a 'transmitter of energy', you might
be able to engage in those fantastic dreams, and still be "grounded",
since you can channel that spirit energy into the earth, and not be
lifted out of contact with present day life. supplying Gaia with loving
spiritual energy aids her in healing her wounded parts... making the
world a better place for everyone in the process.