Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 03-12-2015, 10:38 PM
Deactivated Account

Do you have to learn from another person?

It'll be 21 days soon since I obtained my level 1 Reiki training. I've been set up to work on level 2 with the same master but something doesn't feel right about them. I definitely understand that no one is perfect, but they strike me as still harboring some anger and abandonment issues, and I don't know if I feel comfortable paying to learn healing from someone who hasn't fully healed themselves yet. There's just something that doesn't sit right. I'm still very interested in learning more about the practice, but I don't know of anyone else who could teach me. Do I have to learn from a master or can I just do enough research and practice myself?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!
Old 04-12-2015, 02:31 AM
Ascender
I remember someone in chat tell we can practice Reiki alone.
Old 04-12-2015, 02:37 AM
Master

For energy healing (in general) there is no greater teacher than your heart. So learn how to tune into yourself and listen to what resonates with your heart.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
For energy healing (in general) there is no greater teacher than your heart. So learn how to tune into yourself and listen to what resonates with your heart.

I like this:) I might want those certificates in the future but right now it's just for my own sake. I practice on myself daily and it's been both beneficial and insightful. I plan to continue as a personal practice but there are some things I'm interested in but am unsure of.

I'm not sure how to do the symbols, and when doing them on myself, if I'm supposed to point toward myself and do them backwards or what? I've tried the symbols on myself but I didn't really feel or sense anything different. The distance symbol seems complicated to me hah. These are the main reasons I wanted to learn from someone else.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:50 AM
Master

I would suggest that you just clear your head of symbols and just let the energy flow. This might strengthen your reiki or lead you down another path. Either way if you follow your heart it will lead you in the right direction
Old 04-12-2015, 05:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
I would suggest that you just clear your head of symbols and just let the energy flow. This might strengthen your reiki or lead you down another path. Either way if you follow your heart it will lead you in the right direction

Fair Thank ya
Old 04-12-2015, 05:47 AM
Administrator
Hello

It does not matter whom you take it from. I know many that have had three teachers and they are very attuned. You have to go with your intuition feelings on whom is right for you. I had an "unconventional" teacher to many but for me it was the right fit. Heart (my husband and a member on here ) had his Level one with the same person and stopped there, as some of what was in the teachings was not for him. As Master Teachers write their own teachings its all different but the attunements are the same. That is the part that matters trusting whom is going to attune you.

Lynn
Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 AM
Pathfinder

From what I understand, you could learn by yourself.

We all have reiki flowing through us, but, but...an attunement gives you an edge.

I had a level 1 attunement and it made a noticeable difference, in my energy work... I also experienced detox symptoms and I didn't believe or expect that. Was surprised at the intensity of it.

You can work on your own, purify your channels, and get good results. Perhaps try an attunement later, in case it enhances your energy flow.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:53 PM
Knower
Yes ...I would just practice with what you have ...learn your energy and follow your intuition ... attending Reiki Shares is a great way to learn with others & get experience ...there is no problem learning from a different teacher/master and there are many ways to learn; but attunements are necessary along the way for each level - and that will require a master (self attunements are controversial but I have heard of them) ...I have learned a lot simply by doing, reading & discussing ...sharing. If you want certificates, you really should learn from a good teacher ...trust yourself to find that teacher - they will come into your life when it is time. Namaste!
Old 04-12-2015, 04:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don63
From what I understand, you could learn by yourself.

We all have reiki flowing through us, but, but...an attunement gives you an edge.

I had a level 1 attunement and it made a noticeable difference, in my energy work... I also experienced detox symptoms and I didn't believe or expect that. Was surprised at the intensity of it.

You can work on your own, purify your channels, and get good results. Perhaps try an attunement later, in case it enhances your energy flow.

Likewise! During the attunement, I heard a 'pop' in my solar plexus and an intense energy in my chest. Detox symptoms came about the next day (also didn't believe or expect that!!) and I feel that my body has been clearing out since. I no longer shake while giving myself treatments and have begun to see auras again (used to for a bit but stopped when my vibration lowered).

Is purifying channels a way of saying opening/unblocking chakras and allowing energy to flow freely in the body?