Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 14-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven
Just to be clear you are talking about the Good Fat, not the bad fat, Right? I understand some fat is actually necessary for your body but you still have the bad fat like saturated fat and trans fat in which are not good for your body. Does are the type of fats that I'm doing my best not to consume. Nuts have good fat and fish and other type of oils. As far as beef, what I understand the fat in beef is very bad for you. When you say is good to eat fat you are referring to the good fat?

I suffer from high cholesterol and I have to limit cheese, meat, bacon and any type of food's that carries bad fat.

Most fat is good in my opinion accept trans fat/hydrogenated fat. Fats are not the problem over consumption of refined carbohydrates and white sugar is the issue with most people in combination with lack of exercise. Cholesterol is a repair substance in the human body, without it you would die also its vital for brain health! that's why their are loads of fantastic side effects of statin drugs. There has not been one person who i have come across who once on statin drugs, or once they magically lower cholesterol have a dramatic improvement in life. Because it's a load of nonsense, fat and cholesterol are not the problem. Cholesterol is a repair substance and its used by the body to repair cells, you're body is constantly needing repairing. If you blast all cholesterol out of the way, your body does not repair and you suffer from a host of side effects! which many people who take statin drugs do suffer from! but the only thing that seem's to matter is that the cholesterol number goes down, and statin drugs are being sold hahaha.

Its pathetic.

Heaven its just all aload of nonsense, they knew the effects of smoking but never told anyone for years! decades! Take a look around at people today, supposively we are living in the most technologically advance age with vast amounts of health information being generously given by the powers that be. And obesity, diabetes, and every other lifestyle related health issue is on the rise.

Again i could go really deep on this subject, but it is just very frustrating. But in the next 50-100 years allot of things will change anyway.

And in knowing that life is not all biological this is also inspiring.

Because it means one day, we won't be manipulated and mislead so easily.

I would suggest just carry on eating as you are, all you can do in this day and age is just use common sense. Stick to the basics, because people are always coming up with idea's or health scares to cash in. Just make sure you are exercising like 3 times per week, and you will be fine! for however long! smash it!!
Old 14-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Master
The doctor prescribed me medication and honestly I didn't took them. I just decided to lower it with working out more and cutting down the bad fat. It has done the job, last time I had it checked it was back to normal. I just wanted to understand what you stated cause I do know you do need a balance of fat in your body. Since working out and cutting down on meat cheese and dairy I have manage to lower it and lose weight.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 14-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Master
Double Post!
Old 14-12-2014, 07:16 PM
Knower

If you want to loose weight you need to build the exercise to 5 times a week. at least. I don't mean hard blasting all 5 days but you need to move and move a lot. if you can get a podometer. A good target is 10,000 steps a day.
Old 15-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakesFeelings
I feel like the best action that I've done was to become lighter. I notice today that my body seems really healthy. Despite what my mind says being to skinny, it may be a transition between my old diet and my new diet and that's cool. Out with the bad and in with the new. I wonder how much protein I need as a 21 year old male?
PEACE

That sounds right to me, the fact that you feel "lighter". Lighter not in terms of weight, but in terms of efficient circulation. Everything (blood, lymph, nutrients, waste, energy, etc) inside you should flow more easily, with less resistance. Your head might be clearer too, if there's less resistance in the nerves in your head.

You can try changing the amount of your protein intake, and see how you feel. But if your body doesn't require huge amount of protein for exercise, growing, recovery, etc, then you should feel okay with less.
Old 22-12-2014, 01:43 AM
TakesFeelings

I am specially happy within my own body. I am so grateful for is being here in a well circulate body!
PEACE
Old 07-03-2017, 07:08 AM
Seeker
I was vegaterian for just over a year before I changed over to Vegan eating. Since I have done this, my cravings towards chocolate have dissapeared. I no longer desire the taste, weird, but freaking awesome for me, lol. I am having the same problem though, loosing weight. Its only been 5 weeks and I am loosing alot of it. If my body doesnt balance out soon or later then I will start worrying about it, but for now, I am just taking it as a means of my body adjusting itself.

What I have noticed since I started this journey, is my skin acting out. Releasing all the toxins. Scary but amazing.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
We are a species that evolved from hunters and gatherers. You need meat for the protein and fat and other nutrients that come from animal meat. There are certain meat that is better then others. Eat more small seafood (big fish contain mercury), and eat less red meat (acidic). You need to eat veggies and certain fruits like berries ofcourse.

If you really want to be healthy, cut out all foods with added sugar. No sugary drinks. Obesity, diabetes, and other issues became epidemic after the introduction of sugary drinks. No high carb foods like potatos, pasta, rice, bread, etc. Foods that are high in carbs lead to more health problems then just weight gain. Avoid certain fruits that contain only sugar and no other nutrients (like watermelon)Don't expect big pharma and doctors to tell you this because they are profiting off a society that is addicted to their carbs.

Shakes are a great way to unlock the nutrients in certain food. Focus in blending foods like beats, seaweed, kale, spinach, certain nuts, avocado seed (yes blend that big seed), Cocoa beans, etc. Some fruits like berries and apples can be added to add flavor to the smoothie.

Yeah...what he said..and what he said sounds "paleo"...human beings are omnivores not vegetarians/vegans... Looking skinny and malnourished is a common complaint for vegans

Look up the paleo diet......it's the way human beings were really meant to eat!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 09-03-2017, 12:44 AM
Master

https://www.facebook.com/veganoutrea...type=3&theater

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/
Old 10-03-2017, 02:08 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Yeah...what he said..and what he said sounds "paleo"...human beings are omnivores not vegetarians/vegans... Looking skinny and malnourished is a common complaint for vegans

Look up the paleo diet......it's the way human beings were really meant to eat!

And where pray tell, did you come up with the nugget about vegetarians and vegans looking skinny and malnourished? We carry the right amount of body weight for our frames instead of packing around excess generally speaking.

And by the way, might I suggest that you look at the physiology of our jaw structure and digestive tract for clues as to what we really are? Here's a link to get you started:

The Comparative Anatomy of Eating http://www.ecologos.org/anatomy.htm

I think that because we've learned to cook animal foods, they are relatively safe, but not something that is necessary for our health. Without the ability to cook them, for the most part we absolutely couldn't safely eat it because we don't have the strong stomach acids of the true omnivore/carnivore that can kill the pathogens and bacteria that infest dead animals. Also, it sits in the intestine a lot longer in us, giving it lots of time to become deadly whereas an omnivore or carnivore (carnivore especially) has a shorter journey through.