Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-04-2014, 12:45 AM
talking crow

What does the Pentacle mean to you?

What does the pentacle, as a symbol, mean to you?

I have been wanting to get a pentacle tattooed on my arm, beneath my tattoo of fairies which I got to remember the time that I was fortunate enough to see them. To me it is a magical symbol, of the five elements (earth, air, fire, water, spirit)...it is a reminder to be connected to all of these. If I am connected to earth air fire and water, then I will be connected to the spiritual realm. I am working on a design for a tattoo, have some ideas...but I also want to hear what it means to others.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 AM
Master

The pentacle is a pentagram enclosed in a circle. The usual meaning is that it represents spirit ruling over matter. In the past it has represented the five wounds of Christ. If the one point is down it's symbolic of the descent of spirit into matter and often is associated with evil.

Wiccans use the pentacle as a symbol of their faith.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:45 AM
talking crow

Interesting. I have read that it is a pentagram whether in a circle or not, and a pentacle if it is an object made of the symbol, and I have read that it is a pentacle with one point facing up and a pentagram if two points facing up.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by talking crow
Interesting. I have read that it is a pentagram whether in a circle or not, and a pentacle if it is an object made of the symbol, and I have read that it is a pentacle with one point facing up and a pentagram if two points facing up.

Yes, the pentagram is a pentagram whether it's in a circle or not, but when the pentagram is in a circle then that symbol is called a pentacle.

It's a pentagram whether it's upright or reversed but with different meanings.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 PM
talking crow

okay, thank you for clarifying!
Old 30-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Norse_Angel

Mmmm adding a bit more
Each point of the star represent the 5 elements; soul, air, fire, water, and earth, and the senses are represented by the lines connecting the star.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:38 AM
NightPrincess

A close friend gave me a silver pentacle as a gift. He said it's a symbol of goddess Freya.

The planet Venus (who represents love goddesses such as Aphrodite and Freya), moves around the sun in a pentacle shape.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:38 PM
LadyTerra

In my Tradition--the Pentacle is a protection symbol--which represents the Elemental Guardians (as ruled by Spirit).

Earth, Air, Fire, and Water--then the upper-most point represents Spirit. The Circle is a universal symbol of protection and binds all of the afore mentioned Elements (together).

We (likewise) recognized the inverted Pentagon--contained within the Heart of the Pentacle--which binds and banishes troublesome people, meddling, ill-wishing, and ill-intentions.

Peace and Love on your path to doing your own research and forming your own conclusions...

Blessed be...
Old 21-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Niebla0007

I found it powerful, some pentacles works for me even when I'm not doing anything with them.
The dangers of having it on you depends on you,
the worse I could think of is making yourself a walking gateway to all manners of spirits, esp. demons.
So, just be careful and don't take it for granted.

Just give it some more time and a lot of more thinking over getting it tattooed on you. What you are considering for a tattoo is a significant symbol which raises red flags in public.
Gone are the days when the pythagoreans carry the pentagram symbol on their hands.
Impressions matters, just remember. And a lot of people are judgemental even when they actually do not know much about it.
You'd find yourself being shunned or considered a cult freak because of it.

You are better off getting a pentacle pendant or some pentacle carving than a tattoo
which you can turn into your own talisman instead.
Also keep in mind that the pentacle is also used as a symbol of wives of advanced Masons,
so you may well be identified as one of their women or
if a man is found brandishing it can be taken as a mockery of them.

Last edited by Niebla0007 : 21-05-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 21-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007

The dangers of having it on you depends on you,
the worse I could think of is making yourself a walking gateway to all manners of spirits, esp. demons.
So, just be careful and don't take it for granted.

The pentacle works as a protection from "all manners of spirits, esp. demons". There are no dangers of having it on you.

But because many people don't understand it and are judgmental, there is a danger, as you say, of being shunned because of it.