Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 07-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Experiencer

EVPs Obtained Since 2011

My son died by suicide in April of 2009. In May of 2011, I began recording EVPs. I am going to post some of them here. Those of you familiar with EVP's know that it can be difficult to hear them. I don't know what the quality of these is. You can judge for yourselves. I will give my interpretations and please feel free to give yours if you hear something else.

If you are not familiar with evp, please ask questions, and I will try to answer them.

The evp's were made using my computer, an evp maker with a pre-cleaned radio sweep file and Audacity 1.3 beta. The radio sweep file came from Jayne Thompson, who has her own website now, though she didn't when I first started making evp's.

Sometimes I listen with headphones...to cut out distractions.

I guess I'll post this now.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Experiencer

May 23, 2011 was the first day I engaged in evp making.

I asked my son: "How do you spend your time?"
Here he says, "with the kittens." (I've amplified it)

https://www.box.com/s/aidyq2fwsciou0v9rk8h

Here's a clip I just deciphered today! I cut it from a clip recorded on May 23. It's not very clear, but I think it says, "I didn't get to spend some time to talk with you just by myself." (again, amplified) I probably shouldn't even post this because it is so hard to hear.

https://www.box.com/s/04kn2sfjr6pgidwow74m

I asked "how is Grampa [my father] doing" and I got this. I think it's my father, saying, "Grampa, I love him." That's how my father talked. He would identify himself before giving his message. I have answering machine messages from him in the same format.

https://www.box.com/s/tvm23l6pg7hnkeyxjjke

Here my son is saying "I love you just as much" or "I love you just the same"...the last part isn't clear to me.
https://www.box.com/s/hxzbkce4pr5f4fuiecy2

I think I will post this now, but I may go back and add other links from the 23rd to this particular post.

Last edited by Dee47 : 08-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Experiencer

Although I'm not done posting for May 23, 2011, I'd like to reflect a little on what I've posted so far.

I asked my son how he spent his time and he said "with the kittens." When I first heard that, back in 2011, I was confused. Why would he be with kittens? How do YOU make sense of the spirit world? Where do you think he was at this point in time? Was he in the astral plane?

I think my father and my son were together, both making the evp. There were others there, too. But I didn't realize my father and son were together until today, reviewing this. I thought my son was saying that he loved me, but now I think my father was saying "I love you" to my son and my son was saying to my father "I love you just as much." That's pretty cool. My father was there helping my son. Right before my father died I talked to him on the phone. (I didn't have time to get to him before he died.) On the phone I told him that my son would be there and help him cross over...(I had asked my son to do that beforehand, out loud.)

Last edited by Dee47 : 08-06-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Experiencer

So, I see that there is a time limitation here as far as editing. That means the first 3 posts are now finalized.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Master
Those are pretty good ones! We've gotten some good ones. That 2nd one sounds to me like he's saying Thankful. I love him. It is wonderful that you can speak with your child. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for taking the time to listen and respond, onetruebeliever. I can hear "thankful," too, now, when I listen. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you for sharing! I am glad you can have these conversations with your son.
Old 18-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Experiencer

(from recording on May 23, 2011)

I asked my son who was helping him. I recorded, then spoke, then recorded. The entire recording is 29 seconds. Within that 29 seconds someone--not my son--said "I'll get back...okay..." I think someone is talking to that speaker, but I can't make out the words. "I'll get back" however, is very clear. I wonder who said that?

Question: "who is helping you?"
Response (not to the question): "I'll get back...okay."
https://app.box.com/s/8wlk9vhbtxx1juayrehg
Old 20-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Kotori

Hi Dee,

I hear the EVP as you do. It's very clear! Nice capture!

I lost my son a couple of years ago, and I communicate with him through EVPs too. It's a wonderful gift!

I noticed that your recordings are from 2011. Are you still recording?
Old 21-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Experiencer

Hi Kotori,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry that you lost your son, too. Glad you're able to contact him through EVP.

I looked back through my records and I have clips from 2012 and some from March of 2013. It seems that at one point I'd "call" and get messages that he "isn't here." So I haven't been doing it much lately. Plus, it's so hard to listen to the messages...hard to try to hear the evp in them. It always exhausts me. I thought I'd post here and maybe review all of them that way, but it isn't going very fast. I want to review because then maybe I'll find some I overlooked earlier.

I love hearing from my son, but I don't want to bug him. Maybe he is moving on with his life in the spirit world? Sometimes when I really miss him I'll play the best EVPs (haven't posted most of them yet) again and again and it's pretty nice.

So are you still recording? It sounds like it. How often to you contact your son? What are some of your experiences with evp?