Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-06-2011, 05:03 PM
wavymouth

spiritual sensations

sensations i consider spiritual can be brought on by music, inversion(being upside down),floating in water, being in freefall, spinning, praying,singing, meditating,breathing different ways,and even getting so silly you can't calm down and laughing and/or crying. and don't forget sleep and the dreams that come with that!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Master
Music does it for me! I can really lose myself in good music.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Suspended
One of the most spiritual sensations for me is nature.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
One of the most spiritual sensations for me is nature.

Me too....but it is also one my biggest sources of spiritual confusion.

This morning I watched as the neighborhood cat that I saved from a tree this winter attacked the Red Cardinal babies in their nest in a bush on the side of my garage!
I had to scare him away (that hurt cuz he trusts me) and then place the scared baby back in the nest and move the nest to another bush in case he came back.
Yeah, nature is awe inspiring and its naturalness yet it seems so unnatural to me at times.
That's a cross I have to bear I guess.....
Old 01-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Suspended
Hiya James

I suppose I see life in its natural state about as spiritual as it can get (for me).

So nature is as good as it gets. I try not to put a human spin on nature, such as kindness, caring and so on. That's not nature. That's human conditioning.

Without sounding too controversial, humans are about the least spiritual species on the planet...

Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya James

I suppose I see life in its natural state about as spiritual as it can get (for me).

So nature is as good as it gets. I try not to put a human spin on nature, such as kindness, caring and so on. That's not nature. That's human conditioning.

Without sounding too controversial, humans are about the least spiritual species on the planet...

See, I have found in establishing relationships with nature that it almost seems like nature evolved from something more humane into what you see today.
Maybe that is conditioning talking but what I have noticed with Bluejays for instance is that if they have enough to eat they tend not to attack baby birds in other birds nests. Maybe we turned all their food sources into lawns and they had to adapt...........maybe there was a garden like Eden.
What I do know for sure is that we certainly can re-establish relationships with nature little by little.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Suspended
It's really interesting what you say James because just yesterday I heard a kerfuffle in the garden.

It was a jay (first time visit here). He/she was being harangued by the regular blackbirds and even little birds. Obviously the jay was after young birds and 'my' birds were fighting back.

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed over the years that different species of birds will get along very well with each other. As a lovely example, a collard dove or pigeon will happily wander on the lawn with robins and finches. If you compare the sizes of each, it's a wonder one doesn't go for the other.

I think if any animal has enough to eat, they won't bother hunting. Just look at big cats when they're satiated.

The trouble with 'having enough to eat' means they've eaten enough of another animal.

Squatch
Old 01-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Suspended
Wow, this thread has really gone off topic within half a dozen posts...must be a record (pun intended to try and bring it back on topic).
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Rivendoah

I feel it in my upper chest... in my hands... my brow... across the skin of my face... like a flush of good feeling...