Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 27-03-2011, 08:01 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love&Light

Do these things really exist?

I used to think that ALL of it was myth! I used to put it in the same bag as alien abductions and flying saucers... I thought it was just unproven myth!

So how much is true, and how much is childrens stories?

I thankyou and I love you in advance!

I know fairies exist. I've seen them. So I'm thinking that unicorns and the rest did to at one time, or still do and the veil separating the two realms is too thick for only the smallest to come through.
Old 27-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Master
yes they do.......they can't just be imagination because people like myself have seen things in the company of others.
What they are, I don't really know but they are there....either that or my wife and I are both nuts! lol
James
Old 27-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Felynx

Quote:
Felynx your posts are always quite interesting. I truly enjoy reading them but I can't help but be skeptic with some of the things you say. You talk like you've lived the earth for many, many years in the same life. Is this true? You confuse me lol.

No, I died just like everyone else has. I havent been reborn for an extremely long time, but here I am now. Sure, I've sort of lived on the earth for many many many years, but Im not physically immortal.

PS Little flying creatures like the human definition of fairies and pixies existed.
Old 27-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Sangress

Things tend to become warped and altered when they are shared among individuals who have not personally experienced whatever is being spoken about. (Like the game chinese whispers.)

Given time and vague recounts through writing or speech, anything can become mystical and legendary and even metaphorical if someone twists the "story" into a symbollic example to supposedly teach another person a lesson.

Personally, (in this life) I have encountered many beings in spirit and mind, but not in body, so that in itself to many people is a perfect excuse for a debate about whether they are "real" or not.

In previous lives it is sometimes the other way around, beings existing in mind, spirit and body.

As with everything, personal experience can only answer the question of what is truly real or not, because no one can understand or be completely sure of something they have never encountered or felt.
Old 27-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Felynx

Well, yeah, if you think about reality as being relative to ones personal experiences anything can be real or not. Convincing someone otherwise depends on the person being willing to accept your experiences. Its not like I can be like "Oh, hey, heres a dragon.", but I know from my last real life and personal experiences that a lot of these things exist. Ive never heard of gnomes though... or unicorns.
Old 28-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Ascender

Felynx, ahh so you're just really in touch with your previous lives?
Old 28-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Felynx

Well, to my knowledge I had only one previous life, and when I died I existed on the astral plane with all my memories for so long that being reborn just feels like another small blip in my long existence. I know of these creatures from my last life.
Old 28-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Guide
They must exist.... somewhere.
I'm obsessed with vampires. And many people
agree with me. Humans have such strong connections
to mythical creatures that it makes me wonder if these
creatures are actually fake. If they were made up there may
be people interested and obsessed wit them. But some many
have such a strong pure and sometimes sane connection to them.

It makes me think even if they aren't fake they must represent
something we feel strong to.
Old 28-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Master
Dragon stories, as said by someone else, could be derived from dinosaur bones..

Many mythological beasts were probably symbolic in nature.. a Pharaoh would of course resemble a lion, as he was the leader.
You will see that all such creatures derived from local fauna. You won't find polar bear myths in India, nor will you find giraffe stories in Peru.

If these creatures existed or still exist, we would have overwhelming evidence, fossils, sightings, photos, bodies.

Now, if they are ''astral'' or anything like that, we are having the problem of ''mental phenomena'' as it seems people experience what they want to experience.

Simple question for everyone: Is it impossible that people in the past had their own fantasy heroes, supermans, batmans, incredible Hulks, high elves, orcs, and stuff like that?
Maybe people from the year 4000 will look at our comic books and think Donald Duck and Spiderman were the gods of our age..

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 28-03-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 28-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Felynx

Quote:
If these creatures existed or still exist, we would have overwhelming evidence, fossils, sightings, photos, bodies.

This might sound hard to believe because Im just throwing this out there, but the surface of the planet was blasted away in a terrible war. This means there was no evidence of whatever came before the single celled organisms that started to thrive off of what was left. Thats exactly why scientists believe that the planet is much younger than it really is. Because of this, I also have no evidence except for hearsay, but this is what I know.

And also historians have been somewhat stumped that legends of dragons existed among a vast number of peoples, and that these legends originated before all of these areas in which they lived had communication with one another. Food for thought.