Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Ascender

Correction to my previous post:-
The thread title is "why do people "need" to be remembered".The first post of the thread does not begin with exactly those words--as you will see if interested. Sorry to have misquoted. petex
Old 06-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
As an observation:-
The opening post asks the question "why do people need to be remembered?"--with the word "need" in capitals. This emphasis on "need" seems to make it a question about the analysis and motivation which shapes behaviour --in this case the behaviour of a person who feels the "need"to be remembered.
It is wonderful that we do remember in so many beautiful and moving ways those who have died. petex

I think the "need" comes from a very basic level and that is that whether one admits it or not, everyone wishes to be loved. If only loved truly by only one other person in life. To love and love back there develops an attachment to one another and with that attachment there is also fear of detachment. And so I believe it's essentially love that drives our need to be remembered. Sorry, but I can get any more existential today. My brain is kinda overwhelmed with lots going.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Guide

I definitely don't like to be remembered, I drift into the background and am pretty low key. I pull out of group experience without anyone even noticing. For example if I left this forum no-one would notice. Though I seem to plant seeds in others minds so I guess I live on in those minds.

Is there anything wrong with being remembered or living on through your work?.....for example you will hear of many artist who lived in poverty their whole lives but their life's work lives on after they die. Their paintings are classed as priceless by collectors long after their death. They influence others without any intention to do so.

I see nothing wrong with people's need to be remembered, the people around them and future generations will decide if they deserve this honour and if they do they will carry on where they left off.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Ascender

Hello blackraven. Thanks. I also believe that the process of loving compassion to be the true and fulfilling means of transferring, giving, significance.petex
Old 06-09-2017, 11:12 PM
Ascender

Hello Snow Goose. All process has consequences I think-like a continuous interlinking. In that sense nothing we do is unnoticed, I.e. Without effect. Whether we seek to or not we cannot exist without making a difference. Whether that difference registers in someone else's memory or not does not alter the fact that the difference has been made.--but, neither does that realisation stop us from still preferring to be unnoticed however!☺.
petex
Old 06-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Ascender

Hello again Snow Goose. I am using two posts rather than just one in replying to your post because I am finding that longer posts which I have compiled tend to be impossible to send, resulting in a message saying "you are not logged in".As you can tell, not IT savvy.
I don' see anything wrong with peoples need to be remembered either. --However I am interested to try to understand how and why needs and motivations arise. This does not require nor infer judgement as to whether such needs and motivations are right or wrong, but may help the understanding of behaviour. petex