Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-02-2011, 01:59 AM
kimmery

Religion Vs. Spirituality....?

...What's the difference?
Old 17-02-2011, 02:07 AM
earthprowler

don't want to post this whole article, think it says a lot at least the way I view spirituality vs. religion.

http://www.differencebetween.net/mis...-spirituality/
Old 17-02-2011, 02:10 AM
Master
Religion is the husk, the outside, Spirituality is the kernel, the inner truth.
Old 17-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Administrator
Religion is used to describe one’s faith or belief systems. It can break down into cultural or traditions, at times even rituals.

Most times when one thinks on religion one thinks to an organized belief system and that it is open to everyone that follows this faith. It is head in a building and is done at set times. There is most times a “ Head” figure that leads such a place.

It can be a place of study, what comes to mind is Sunday School for children. It too can be a place or practice. A place where a set text is often studied or embraced.

The belief in God or gods and goddesses ect .

Spirituality is the ultimate reality to some….for some it is finding that reason for their very “BEING”. It can be the very essence of whom we are depending on the path we choose to walk.

The very word Spirituality means “concern with things of the Spirit. The state of manner of being spiritual.

Spirituality to one’s that follows a path of growth and evolution of the Soul look for inspirations in life. This can be from a path of the Church and a belief in a higher power or God or Master. To seek that connection to and with the divine.
The path Spiritual beings take can come in many forms from Meditations, to Prayer or belonging to a collective of like minded individuals. Spirituality can not only encompass SELF in the Earth being but transcend that being to the universal planes of existence. Traditionally Spiritualism is a Religious practice one chooses to partake in and experience.

As we move forward in the times we live more and more we are leaving at times behind the ONE faith concept and moving into a place of holding values in many faiths or to some NO faiths. Even if one has no seen path in Spirituality one might well feel that connection that the Universe is about cause and effect.

For some that path of Spiritualism is a path held closer to SELF and the self development that is there. A practice more in singular activities such as Meditations and personal Prayer. Too choose not to be a part of the bigger pictures.

When one looks to Spiritual Path this can be on many a level as well this can be the path to God and a connection to the understanding of creation itself. To obtain and understand in that wisdom of the teachings of the Bible. For more New Age thought that path might well be geared more to specific time frames in life, and one’s development.

This is how I personally see it does not mean its right or wrong.

lynn
Old 17-02-2011, 02:19 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Religion is the husk, the outside, Spirituality is the kernel, the inner truth.

Hello

I like that LOL. NOW I want Pop Corn

Lynn
Old 17-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Master
Old 17-02-2011, 03:04 AM
kimmery

Thanks guys. :)
Old 17-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Animus27

I agree with Psychoslice and Lynn to some degree...

I think religion is the organization of spirituality and gives it form and discipline. They're two sides of the same coin, and one without the other usually falls apart slowly. Religion without a living spiritual tradition has lost it's purpose and meaning, and spirituality without a religion to shape it can become a sticky mess of glitter of coolness that serves little purpose besides sounding nice when people ask you what you believe in.

But both aren't much good without a good dose of reasoning and common sense.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Ascender

I think spirituality is more of a personal journey towards self-realisation and inner truth, whereas religion is more a subscription of traditional values.
Old 17-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
I think spirituality is more of a personal journey towards self-realisation and inner truth, whereas religion is more a subscription of traditional values.
Yea that'sounds good to me and I agree aslo.