Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Electronic Communication

Old 02-01-2017, 01:15 AM
Master
Spirit Box Authenticity

Why I am totally convinced this thing actually works - so I am here to discuss it by answering questions that skeptics will often ask me, or stuff they will say:

1. "It is only just 'the radio".

It is funny how, at the beginning of my sessions, I will say 'hello spirits' and within the space of a whole sweep of the FM band on 200 mgs/sec I will hear 'Hi'...'hello'...'howdy'...'hello'...'hi there'. If it is just coincidental, it happening every time blows that out of the water too.

Also, some unruly spirits like to drop the 'f-bomb' from time to time and last I heard, radio stations in Australia (under federal code of conduct laws) couldn't broadcast that word.

2. "You are only hearing what you want to hear". The 'cognative bias argument'.

Even if I want to hear it or not, I'm still hearing it and the messages may contain things I totally disagree with or stuff I wouldn't have even thought about, so whether I 'want to hear it' or not doesn't apply. I try and be as professional and scientific about it as possible.

3. "It is all pareidolia or audio hallucination. Your brain is filling in the 'missing bits' and creating words out of thin air".

Based upon individual phenomes (root sounds) creating the lingual formation of words, this may be so. It may apply to individual words which may be totally unclear to us, so our brain naturally approximates within context and framework.

The longest continuous sentence I have on documented record, spoken by one spirit over the full FM band on a 200 mgs reverse sweep was "don't bore us with expecting us to do that task - we won't do it" after I asked them to identify a seashell I was holding in my hand.

A few correctly identified it as a "shell" though.

4. "It is somebody with a baby monitor/ham radio messing with you".

Funny thing about that is they are able to identify held objects, when people enter or leave a room, what I am watching on TV, who is about to phone me in 2 minutes, what I had for dinner and how much they personally know about me and my surrounding environment. I threw the 'baby monitor' idea out ages ago.

5. "It is just your own thoughts/you are making it up".

Even if it is my own thoughts or something out there reading my mind, I still find it fascinating how these subconscious thoughts can actually become audible over the FM band - it's pretty darn awesome either way, so I don't mind that.

6. "It is dangerous".

If one didn't think there was actually something 'to it' then it wouldn't be 'dangerous'. It is only as dangerous as you let it be. You can surround yourself with Light, cast protection spells, call on guides or whatever...or simply believe that nothing can harm you because you're not afraid and you won't 'let it'. Our own fears and superstitions are what causes the 'danger' so as long as one is aware of that.

7. "I cannot hear anything".

Not everybody can and if you don't believe such things are at least possible, you probably won't. It's like 'selective deafness' and you're not even consciously aware of it. It doesn't mean I can hear things because I believe. I heard them before I did and they made me believe. Some people are deaf to certain tones and frequencies too, it just happens that way. You just have to believe and trust that others hear those things you cannot. Does a tree still make a sound when it falls in a forest if no people were around to hear it? of course it does.

I hope you enjoyed my spirit box thing and thank you for reading.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Why I am totally convinced this thing actually works - so I am here to discuss it by answering questions that skeptics will often ask me, or stuff they will say:

1. "It is only just 'the radio".

It is funny how, at the beginning of my sessions, I will say 'hello spirits' and within the space of a whole sweep of the FM band on 200 mgs/sec I will hear 'Hi'...'hello'...'howdy'...'hello'...'hi there'. If it is just coincidental, it happening every time blows that out of the water too.

I was wondering what type of radio is used. Does it also receive terrestrial radio transmission, ie ordinary radio stations?

On Wikipedia there is some information on the Frank Sumption radio - a white noise sweep across the AM band that collects split second snippets of EVP! White noise is not the only colour. There is also pink, blue, violet, and even grey. And various other types, like shot noise etc...
In electronic production music (Audio Editing Software) there is a neat trick to separate vocal content from a song. If a karaoke version of the song is laid precisely along side the original song and played with one track inverted, ie with a 180 degree phase shift, then the music will cancel each other out leaving the vocals intact, as the remainder.

Are there any such techniques used other than ordinary radio reception?

... just a few thoughts on the subject.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
I was wondering what type of radio is used. Does it also receive terrestrial radio transmission, ie ordinary radio stations?

On Wikipedia there is some information on the Frank Sumption radio - a white noise sweep across the AM band that collects split second snippets of EVP! White noise is not the only colour. There is also pink, blue, violet, and even grey. And various other types, like shot noise etc...
In electronic production music (Audio Editing Software) there is a neat trick to separate vocal content from a song. If a karaoke version of the song is laid precisely along side the original song and played with one track inverted, ie with a 180 degree phase shift, then the music will cancel each other out leaving the vocals intact, as the remainder.

It is a usual superheterodyne receiver that has the 'scanning button' set to constantly scan the stations at an incredible rate with white noise between the stations.

Any old radio can be modified and used - especially Radio Shacks, Sony Walkmans and Memorex...anything that has white noise between stations and a scanning button. All you need to do is open the case and disconnect the 'mute' tuning switch so it constantly scans when turned on.

I've even got replies through my old clock radio once via manual tuning.

I haven't tried it with pink noise or any other type, but there are ghost boxes out there that have 'sound banks' and pink noise...but those sound banks are rigged, I swear - the number of times certain words get repeated by the same voice like "angel" and "UFO" and "devil" - it's like it has been pre-programmed to reply using the most relevant words.

The P-SB7/11 and the Sangean and Radio Shack hacks do not have these 'sound banks' within the white noise.

Any ghost box with a 'sound bank' I won't use.

Thank for explaining how Karaoke works and how sound waves cancel each other out if placed at 180 degrees to each other. I learned something new.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Are there any such techniques used other than ordinary radio reception?

Thank you for your insightful thoughts and questions.

There are other programs and techniques used other than ordinary radio reception and some 'work' better than others - at least in MY experience, but others have different experiences:

Echovox - uses echo and reverb to create a constant 'echo chamber' where sounds can morph into other sounds that sound like different words - this doesn't work for me because I CAN see the whole 'pareidolia effect' with it.

Ovilus - uses an inbuilt 'dictionary' of words and phrases the spirits can choose to communicate. Most of the time, it just spits out random words and junk like I'll say "who am I talking to?" and I'll get "chair" or "flower" while other times I'll have the Ovilus turned on and I'll be randomly complaining about the incompetence of my GP in diagnosing my condition and the words "second" and "opinion" will come up...so yeah, I cannot discount it entirely, let's say 'limited success".

Digital Recorder - The best way to get EVP without any interference or putting it down to any other terrestrial noise source such as a radio. Most paranormal researchers just prefer to use this and nothing else because it's the most trusted form and it's much clearer than any other method. I have used it with great success.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:31 AM
Ascender
Echovox - The pitfalls of the Bandwagon, I guess! ... (pun intended)

I read on one other thread where you said something about germanium diodes where found to be more sensitive than their counterparts. This I found very interesting, but only in passing.
I can't help wonder about the aerial. What would happen if a small lump of germanium were wired directly into the receiver. The downside of course is the high price of this precious metal. However ...

I tuned into the youtube video you recommended, by the "Wizard" dude. But found it too difficult to listen to and only managed a few minutes. The scanning was too erratic and irritating to listen to, a more easier experience for the scanner, I'm sure.
Also, some of the voices gave me the willies. To put another way, the characters behind the voices seemed a little course, and belligerent. Not the kind of person I would normally wish to communicate with.

Cheers

ps I used to buy germanium diodes from a shop where the owner would call them "geraniums", with a big smile on his face. Not sure what I'm getting at ... just a little piece of trivia:)
Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Echovox - The pitfalls of the Bandwagon, I guess! ... (pun intended)

I read on one other thread where you said something about germanium diodes where found to be more sensitive than their counterparts. This I found very interesting, but only in passing.
I can't help wonder about the aerial. What would happen if a small lump of germanium were wired directly into the receiver. The downside of course is the high price of this precious metal. However ...

I tuned into the youtube video you recommended, by the "Wizard" dude. But found it too difficult to listen to and only managed a few minutes. The scanning was too erratic and irritating to listen to, a more easier experience for the scanner, I'm sure.
Also, some of the voices gave me the willies. To put another way, the characters behind the voices seemed a little course, and belligerent. Not the kind of person I would normally wish to communicate with.

Cheers

ps I used to buy germanium diodes from a shop where the owner would call them "geraniums", with a big smile on his face. Not sure what I'm getting at ... just a little piece of trivia:)
The germaniun diode aerial/receiver has already been done by Konstantin Raudive.

I found an image of one once, let's see if I can find it again...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Raudive-039-...-/162122095169

Oh these voices are crass, rude, repugnant and give one the willies for sure - until you get to know them and talk to them.

I've lost count the number of times I have been told to 'eff off', until I said "no, you" and they are all nice to me now.

However, the best thing I want to try and modify is an all-band receiver which even picks up microwaves and air traffic control and car alarms...

http://www.techlib.com/electronics/allband.htm

Now that would be cool.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
However, the best thing I want to try and modify is an all-band receiver which even picks up microwaves and air traffic control and car alarms...

http://www.techlib.com/electronics/allband.htm

Now that would be cool.

Karen's recording of the UK cell phone tower is amazing.
"Beam me up Schottky" I think I'm hooked!
Old 02-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Karen's recording of the UK cell phone tower is amazing.
"Beam me up Schottky" I think I'm hooked!
I know, right?

Then after that, you take a nice little trip down the other end of the EM spectrum to VLF and ELF and hear the 'earth noises' like electrostatic energy and magnetic forces.

...and one builds something like this for the heck of it:

https://cdn.instructables.com/FUG/XU....jpg?width=614

It's called a Tesla Spirit Radio and doesn't use the normal radio at all. You can get some good EVPs through this as well, but you need to be real patient and filter out a lot of background noise.

However, here are all the EVP frequency ranges anyway:
http://www.paranormalghost.com/evp_frequency_ranges.htm

After that I went and studied some spectogram readings of germanium crystal atoms before discovering...

E.J Goldd and his amazing crystal radio that refines a RF signal with great accuracy and it's called a crystal quantum radio. I tried to find a link of one of these in action, but failed.

On youtube, there's a user called Greg Manchester and he builds all types of Spirit Boxes and diode receivers...

Greg Manchester, E.J. Goldd, Chicago Spiritwave (home of 'Andy's Box') and Mr. Fix It Rick are the places to go to learn about all of this stuff.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:25 AM
Master
Here we go, I just found my old Youtube channel:

VLF EVP Voice Using a Raudive TSR Germanium Antenna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQTQTBMKu0

Spiricom Tones VLF Experiment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIUiD9mdmhY

Raudive Germanium Diode Spectogram Analysis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiErrBHYKpA

E.J Goldd's Beta Blocker Quantum Crystal Radio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPEh4zZYse8

Frey Effect: Microwaves beaming voices directly into our Auditory Cortex:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Or5zuykSSc

Keith Weldon's Sony Walkman Ghost Box Hack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0kh0S_J2PA

Welcome to my world. lol
Old 02-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Ascender
That's a lot to be getting on with. I've been wanting to put together some electronic circuitry recently, but feeling bored with the usual recycling of old guitar FX, or LED "light show follies".
The sight of those radio circuit diagrams has sparked some ideas well worth chasing down.

Thanks