Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-10-2017, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Well, I prefer to keep it simple and to not have conversations about certain things because the potential for the conversation to become negative is great. If I do engage it's because I sense the potential for a rare experience is larger than usual. When I do engage I try not to talk about right or wrong, rather I just talk about what I've experienced and what I think. I feel talking about me is Ok and what I think about other peoples thinking, but I don't feel good talking for everyone or speaking in absolutes.

I think that there is good reason to have certain conversations but it's not in the general "i pat your back, you pat mine" kind of conversation. It's the clashing of two rams, two intellectual rams, and the collisions created is something where profound growth can take place. Over time I've learned the dangers of smashing heads and have learned who I should smash with and who I should have mercy on. (I have a hard head lol)

Can relate. At times it just is not worth the effort. End up with a sore head and hurt feelings. Having an open conversation and allowing each to disagree or agree does give more space for understanding and learning, IMO.

What comes to mind is; choose your battles carefully, if that is what is desired.
I don't look for battles though, more exchanges.

Yeah, to speak for others or assume, well, in my experience gets thrown back in my face. May generalize at times, but accept it is my view.

Which leads the thoughts back to reality and how each person I meet leaves a piece of his or hers for me to reflect on and/or becomes intertwined with in my own.
Which for me can make life that much more interesting.
Old 22-10-2017, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi sky123,

I can agree that what one believes can create a reality of sorts for that individual.

What comes to mind is; What about that which may occur regardless whether I believe it or not? Such an Earthquake. Do these occur because if beliefs.
I have experienced an Earthquke, but did not cause or create it to happen.

So, to me, reality in the whole scope of things seems a more mysterious thing in a way. How one thing seems to affect another and possibly influence and alter ones own reality.

Thank you

Everything that happens is cause and effect but unless we recognise what is happening through our mind/thoughts it's not our reality but is the reality of the perceiver.

You experienced an earthquake (scary), you knew it was an earthquake because your mind labeled it as so, it became your reality, to others who where not in the same place as you and didn't experience it or label it as so then of course it did happen but not as their own reality.
Old 22-10-2017, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
In one way it seems the individual creates his/her reality. Through what is thought to be, a self image created, and through what may or may not be perceived.

Then there seems to be that which just occurs around the individual. Nature doing its thing, as I am phrasing it. Regardless of what I may think should or desire, nature does it thing. It seems to go on creating beyond what I think it to be.

So, there appears two sides in experiencing living as this human being, which creates reality for this individual. That which is thought to be and perceived and that which is just being in and of itself. The sides seem interlinked and the how, why, what, and so forth get expanded in regards to the way this individual relates to it all.

What I find and continue to have reenforced in my mind is that neither are separate from the self and my being.

All of this is of the journey and creates in its own way(s) the reality I am experiencing.

It seems the reality is that it is both as I think it to be and as it is being without me thinking, lol. Quite the brain twister at times.
This pretty much describes what it is to be a spiritual being. The spirit part creates and maintains the environment (and physical body) in which the incarnation happens. This is shared by many beings. Note: all of manifest reality is created and maintained by sentient (spirit like) creatures.

The body has a brain and mind that creates its own version of reality loosely based on what the senses tell it. The brain is also fairly capable of ignoring the created reality created by the spiritual beings. This is a personal 'illusion' (AKA Maya). The more 'awake' a person is, the less of this type of constructed reality there is.

There is communication both ways between the spiritual and physical. So, what you 'think' contributes greatly to the personal reality and a bit to the shared reality.
Old 22-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Everything that happens is cause and effect but unless we recognise what is happening through our mind/thoughts it's not our reality but is the reality of the perceiver.

You experienced an earthquake (scary), you knew it was an earthquake because your mind labeled it as so, it became your reality, to others who where not in the same place as you and didn't experience it or label it as so then of course it did happen but not as their own reality.

What you presents brings to me some further thoughts.

Can agree there is a cause and effect. These influence how I or another may respond and/or react to what is or has happened.

On an individual basis can also relate that through how I interpret things can influence my reality or believing that such and such is real. Yes, it does seem to get filtered (so to speak) through the mind, creating a perception with in. As I relate to it.

Ones experience(s) is not the same as another's. May share similar events, but each individual seem to have his/her own take on it, creating what seems individual realities.

The part that has me curious at times is how these individual realities interlink.
As well as the realities and influences of what occurs in nature and Spirit. Which all seems to influence each other in a way.

Can relate if not aware of it, will it be with in my own perceived reality? Most likely not. At Least, to the extent I most likely won't know or notice it. But once aware of it being, whether directly or indirectly, then these events, movements, energy, and such enter my perception/view. So, then expands how things connect and may influence one another.

Which expands my reality and what may be so and what is at present.

Thank you for your insight/thoughts.
Old 22-10-2017, 09:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
This pretty much describes what it is to be a spiritual being. The spirit part creates and maintains the environment (and physical body) in which the incarnation happens. This is shared by many beings. Note: all of manifest reality is created and maintained by sentient (spirit like) creatures.

The body has a brain and mind that creates its own version of reality loosely based on what the senses tell it. The brain is also fairly capable of ignoring the created reality created by the spiritual beings. This is a personal 'illusion' (AKA Maya). The more 'awake' a person is, the less of this type of constructed reality there is.

There is communication both ways between the spiritual and physical. So, what you 'think' contributes greatly to the personal reality and a bit to the shared reality.

Hi wstein,

What you present I relate to in the sense that the more I become aware of things and others, the more it alters and changes what and how I think.
This in turn influences my perception of "reality".

Yes, find it to be a two way street. In a personal way influenced by what others think and spirit brings and I seem to influence how these relationships play out ( although in a small way). They do seem to interact.

Thank you for your insight/thoughts
Old 22-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Master

well at this point my house is just 'there' (although we could have discussions how that came to be). But at the same time I have some choice in what colors to paint it.

What colors and forms I paint on it will affect my mood, and other things, in ways beyond just what the existance of the house would by itself imply.
Old 23-10-2017, 04:47 AM
Master
There is no experience without the experiencer.
Old 23-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
There is no experience without the experiencer.

True but not sure this state is possible and can ever be , there's always an experiencer and what caused it.

Actually it sounds like we're using the input of 2 experiences to an an event ie; the earthquake example. One experiencer feels it and another experiencer does not. What is the truth?
Old 24-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Actually it sounds like we're using the input of 2 experiences to an an event ie; the earthquake example. One experiencer feels it and another experiencer does not. What is the truth?
Truth is "One experiencer feels it and another experiencer does not."
Old 24-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Lorelyen

Someone I once leaned on for guidance said, when I asked what reality was -
Does it matter? Are anyone’s days made easier for wrestling with the philosophical possibilities?

Good typing practice here I suppose.