Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Kapitan_Prien

As they would apply to me...

Quote:
Belief in Deity
Some believe in a Supreme Being. Many believe in God and Goddess--a duality. Many believe there are countless spirit beings, gods and goddesses, in the cosmos and within all of nature--God is all and within all; all are one God.

I'm Agnostic.

Quote:
Incarnations
No human incarnations are worshipped in particular, as all of nature and the universe are considered embodiments of God and Goddess, or of gods and goddesses, worthy of respect, reverence, or worship.

I don't quite understand this one...

Quote:
Origin of Universe and Life
Generally, there is no conflict between observations revealed through science and Neo-Pagan beliefs on origins of the physical universe and of man

Yes - I guess you could say that's how I am. There is no science-religion/beliefs conflict with me.

Quote:
After Death
Many believe in reincarnation after some rest and recovery in the "Otherworld." Some believe in various spiritual resting places. Many say we don't or can't know what happens after death.

I 'knew' about reincarnation although my 'belief' in it wasn't really there. But reincarnation is the only thing to explain what has happened to me with regards to the soul exchange. Other than that, I do not know (and feel that none of us can know) what happens after death - as it's all individual.

Quote:
Why Evil?
"Evil" is imbalance. Most believe there is no evil but rather that people sometimes make mistakes. Wrongdoing results when we forget we are one with the universal spirit.

Yes - I'd have to agree for the most part with that.

Quote:
Salvation
The concept of "salvation" is essentially irrelevant; rather the belief that people can attain spiritual balance and harmony with each other and nature.

Yes - but harmony mainly within oneself first...the rest follows.

Quote:
Undeserved Suffering
Most do not believe in Satan or any spirit being as the cause of suffering. Some believe in a karma-like principle, that choosing to live a life of wrongdoing and pain will naturally result in suffering in this or later lifetimes. Many view suffering as a result of spiritual imbalance in one's life or on the planet or in the universe. The focus is generally on healing suffering rather than answering definitively why it exists.

I don't believe in Karma, or Satan, but suffering due to an imbalance in one's life...and my focus has been on healing the suffering rather than all the pointless 'why' questions. I guess that's a part of my pragmatism - focus on healing the suffering, who cares about the 'why'.

Quote:
Contemporary Issues
Abortion is not condemned, as there is no official doctrine; beliefs about abortion range the full spectrum. Views on divorce, homosexuality, and gender equality are generally very supportive of human differences, equality, and personal choice. Many believe that involvement in community action, especially regarding environmental concerns, is integral to the belief in human interdependence and worship of the Earth Mother.

Yes.