Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 13-04-2020, 04:43 PM
ketzer

You know, after reading through and participating in that Lady Gaga thread, I feel I have a much better understanding of the effects and purposes of inflammatory posts.

"Abramović has a way of bringing people into the frame so they become integral to the artistic expression. You currently think you are only looking at the art and reacting to it, but to understand Abramović's artform is to realise that you are part of the performance. Look at what she has done in the past. She's not art on display or theater on a stage. When it comes to Abramović, there is no art to see, only a performance that we participate in." @GEM

Do you remember "P-iss Christ" from way back in the 80s.

"Immersion (**** Christ) is a 1987 photograph by the American artist and photographer Andres Serrano. It depicts a small plastic crucifix submerged in a small glass tank of the artist's urine. The piece was a winner of the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art's "Awards in the Visual Arts" competition, which was sponsored in part by the National Endowment for the Arts, a United States Government agency that offers support and funding for artistic projects."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/****_Christ

The artist claimed "I had no idea **** Christ would get the attention it did, since I meant neither blasphemy nor offense by it. I've been a Catholic all my life, so I am a follower of Christ."

Really, he didn't anticipate that this would cause a hoopla? Of course much of the Christian world erupted and went on an unsuccessful rampage to try to get the art work censored, or at least get it unfunded. Which of course was the whole point of it and made it so that everybody had heard of his "art" piece that under other circumstances might just have got him a few strange and probably frightened looks and maybe an interview with a shrink.

"You have forgotten about Mary.
Strange that, given that Christianity is based on a chimera half breed Jesus who was born of bestiality and the blending of two different species. I do not want to created a new definition for a well defined word." @Soul Seeker

So you come onto a Christian forum and described their story of the Immaculate conception of God into human form as, "bestiality", and Jesus as a "chimera half breed". For not wanting to create a "new definition" here, you have artfully made use of existing ones!

I suppose that just because this is an online forum doesn't mean one cannot urinate in public.

On the other hand, the subject of this thread, "Is Christianity the Worst Religion?" Is sort of like putting out a notice to all dark artists and inviting them to hang something in the gallery.... so there is that.

Lol, p-iss in the title of the art, subject of the Wikipedia site, and even the URL got censored here.
God does love irony!
Let me know if that makes anyone want to go look it up all the more.
Old 13-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

I haven noted that the use of the "Quote Box" is running ramped here, it leads to a messy thread and to the calling out of members vs members. I do not wish to come to find this all over a thread.

Think of how to looks to a new member coming here and that is all you see ? Would you want to join into that conversation (I feel no).

Too I am getting far too many "Report Thread" E Mails this too is not what I want on my plate. Take your private debate to Private Message. At times you have to go along to get along and have a deeper respect that we will not all "see things in the same LIGHT or DARK.

If I have to take serious actions here I can "remove" the Quote Box Option. I hope this does not come down to me doing so.

Lynn
SF Admin
Old 13-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

It seems your not taking me seriously. I really hoped for some "MATURE" conduct and respect. Walk all over me you will fall. Walk all over any of the Spiritual Forums Staff where you will fall.

This thread is close do not start another.

I hold in me no EGO but I do have a bite if I need to have one.

Lynn
SF Admin