Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 18-05-2014, 05:40 PM
DJ716

Jupiter's Red Spot

Any thoughts about the news about Jupiter's red spot shrinking?
Old 18-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Ecthalion

The storm is abating?
Old 18-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Ascender
Not much to think, really. It was going to happen one day, because it is a storm. All storms die eventually.
Old 20-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Master

It has been proffered, from certain research, that it is not just the Earth which is experiencing climate change, and warming.
But, that the entire solar system in which the Earth abides, has moved into a different location paradigm, and situation. Resulting in changes in all the planets therein.

Which has largely been rejected by the scientists. At least publicly.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 21-05-2014, 12:04 PM
DJ716

That is really an interesting concept Morpheus. That would suggest that what we are doing on our planet impacts more than just Earth. That isn't entirely improbable.

Yes on the surface it would mean that the storm is loosing power. But what Scientists have been saying is that because Jupiter is mostly gas and has no land mass, storms do not abate, but grow in power. Of course, as we know from physics, there is entropy of energy in the universe, so , yes, the storm is expected to abate at some point.

From a mystical tradition point of view, Jupiter symbolizes turbulence and disruption... more specifically creative expansion. Don't you find it interesting that long before we fully understood Jupiter and that it was a planet fraught with raging storms that only grew in power, that mystics understood it's influence as disruptive and creative?

With that in mind, what does it say if the storm is loosing its power? I've not heard any astrological opinions about this observation.
Old 21-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Ascender
Odd that Jupiter represents disruption. I'm Libra/Virgo, and I've had a strange connection with Jupiter. I've always been drawn to it. For me, Mercury represents disruption when it goes into retrograde.
Old 22-05-2014, 03:34 AM
DJ716

Well 'disruption' is a bit over simplified. It is the energy that shakes things up, and even destroys the current structure of things... all within the process of creation... it is expansive creativity... which in my interpretation is a very stormy, unsettled sort of energy.