Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Experiencer
Overcoming fear of death?

Hi, I have been on my spiritual journey for a few years now and know I feel I am getting close to the 'truth' (so to speak). Something which has come into my consciousness recently is the subject of death.

I am working on learning more about death and to embrace it fully.

I just wondered if anyone here has fully overcome the fear of death? If so, do they feel completely fearless in most aspects of their lives?? I feel being totally fearless is the only way to really live!

Peace and love x
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm in the same situation after the very recent death of someone who isn't known to me personally, but a relative of a very close friend.

I'm also having to face very real fears of losing everything I own which links in with the fear of death, strangly enough. I guess it all comes down to survival.

I haven't overcome it yet and I dont' have any advice but wanted you to know I'm in the same situation. I also feel that I'm approaching something profound in my consciousness.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Master
Death to me persoanly is just life, no one is born and no one dies, its only when we cling to the idea that we are nothing more than the mind body organism, that we suffer in the belief that we will one day die.

Also those who don't absorb life to its fullest, usually are the ones who are afraid of dying, they know deep within that they have missed out on so much, and therefore subconsciously are not ready to go yet.

Realize who you truly are in life, that you are not just the body you believe you are, and all else will take care of its self naturally.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Master

I think that it is healthy to fear death as such. It is an unknown, we don't know what it will be like and whilst I do believe in a loving reconciliation with good people from our past to help us through the process, it is not necessarily an easy transition and there is a certain refining and healing that will need to take place.

And then there will be the adjustment of not being inside your body, a difficult and complex thought.

But best to stay in the now.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Administrator
Hey TonySG

There is no death only a continuation of life.death is nothing to fear just look on the near death experiences on the forums.everyone says the same thing it takes all the fear away.as someone who has had near death experiences and im also a medium i know its true.

Namaste
Old 06-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Native Spirit is so right.

I am sorry to keep going on about dog-things all the time, but please read my blog (link is on my signature) "A dog's after death communications"
She showed me what's going on! I was never certain before, but am now, and do not fear what we call "death" any more, even the slightest bit.
Now if it happens to a dog, it happens to a Human.....

Blessings Please don't be scared of that transition we call "death"
Old 06-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Death to me persoanly is just life, no one is born and no one dies, its only when we cling to the idea that we are nothing more than the mind body organism, that we suffer in the belief that we will one day die.

Also those who don't absorb life to its fullest, usually are the ones who are afraid of dying, they know deep within that they have missed out on so much, and therefore subconsciously are not ready to go yet.

Realize who you truly are in life, that you are not just the body you believe you are, and all else will take care of its self naturally.

And this is so true. Just live.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Xeno

For some reason I don't fear death.
I can't really explain it well, I'm only 16, but some events and thought's about 2 years ago made me throw it away.
Sorry, I can't explain why or how, I just kinda, hmm, accepted it. I don't fear it any more.

Sorry, I can't put it in words.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Henri77

Fear is a human condition that few few are totally free from, but learn to deal with.
A famous psychic mentioned a billionaire he counseleld who was terrified of losing his wealth. And no doubt some adventurers who brave death still encounter fear of the unknown at times, despite their expertise.

Yogis firmly established in the eternal likely have lost what we consider fear.

This book has , more than anything I've encountered, illustrated what one can expect after death, and is consistant with what other teachers have said ,written ...But as an artist, he has described the realms better than most, based on personal astral visits over 40 yrs.
Robert Monroe also has written extensively.
http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M...ter_death.html

I haven't had clear, conscious experience of the afterlife, other than meeting spirits, yet I welcome what opportunities it holds for growth and expression, free of earthly physical-economic concerns.
For some reason I've been denied clear glimpses of the afterlife..or conscious astral projection. As I've been denied seeing physical UFO's.....yet I firmly believe in them all and know they exist in some form.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Henri77

I've heard others say... if they knew death was imminent.. they'd cram in as much experience in as possible.

Yet I definitely feel my time approaching, and instead want to learn-prepare for the adventure, just as I would if planning a visit to the far East.

I quite love earths beauty and the human experiences I've had, and will never lose that. And we're never really separated from those we love.