Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 21-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Endless_Love_2_you

Can you do Pagan Rituals and not be Pagan ?

Hi I know this my sound funny but I like some of the rituals Pagans do but Im a die- hard christian. But reading this book made me think of all the rituals pagans do and it seem pretty intresting ,nice and down right fun. I would kinda want that in my life but not hurt my faith. I hope I dont offend anybody hear I respect this religion. I was also wondering what kinds of seramonies and rituals are out there I kinda know about the halloween one / Samhain. That intrests me alot thanks !!
Old 22-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Wisa'ka

Just as someone can be a die hard Pagan and practice Christian rituals.

But just where does that leave one at the end of the day ?
Old 22-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Animus27

You can. But I fail to see the point, since it goes against much of the Bible. There's lots of Christian folk traditions that might interest you, rather than pagan ones, which tend to be... non-Christian? lol

A good example is the Carmina Gadelica which is a collection of hymns, blessings and poems collected from the Scottish Highlands, which are Christian in their purpose and reference, but show some strong folk tradition that many see as being originally pagan, but living on in modified form.
Old 22-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Love_2_you
Hi I know this my sound funny but I like some of the rituals Pagans do but Im a die- hard christian. But reading this book made me think of all the rituals pagans do and it seem pretty intresting ,nice and down right fun. I would kinda want that in my life but not hurt my faith. I hope I dont offend anybody hear I respect this religion. I was also wondering what kinds of seramonies and rituals are out there I kinda know about the halloween one / Samhain. That intrests me alot thanks !!

Of course there are lots of pagan rituals you could do.
For example : Ostara. Your church must like that one since they took it for themselves and renamed it Easter. Or how about Yule ?
Old 22-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Of course there are lots of pagan rituals you could do.
For example : Ostara. Your church must like that one since they took it for themselves and renamed it Easter. Or how about Yule ?
Actually, Easter is a purely Christian holiday. The actual name in English we use, Easter, is related to an Anglo-Saxon month name mentioned by Bede that corresponds to the modern month of April. Bede also mentioned that the Anglo-Saxons worshiped a goddess by the name of Eostre around that time, and Jacob Grimm was one of the first people to theorize that the custom of dyeing Easter eggs, and the Easter Bunny are possible remnants of a Eostre cultus that were kept by the converted A-S.

But aside from the English & German customs that aren't in anyway Biblical, Easter, or Pascha, is definitely a Christian holiday.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:41 PM
Endless_Love_2_you

Thanks Guys !! <3 <3
Old 23-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Neville

Caring and nurturing for anything that grows,,be it a child, a ralationship , a green plant is very much paganism as ritual and the way of life and living are intricately interwoven for bog standard pagans like me.

If you like gardening. Enjoy raising your family.Appreciate the wisdom of the Elders in your family . respect your dead..even erect stone monuements(gravestones) to them..Enjoy cooking..Like Handicrafts.Enjoy meditation and music . Like birdsong..Adore the sound of running water , love trees grass and plants. Like to see winter. Spring, Summer , Autumn.. Celebrate Easter Ostara,,Christmas. Yule.. You are most probably a closet Pagan anyway. And may not even be aware of it.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Caring and nurturing for anything that grows,,be it a child, a ralationship , a green plant is very much paganism as ritual and the way of life and living are intricately interwoven for bog standard pagans like me.

If you like gardening. Enjoy raising your family.Appreciate the wisdom of the Elders in your family . respect your dead..even erect stone monuements(gravestones) to them..Enjoy cooking..Like Handicrafts.Enjoy meditation and music . Like birdsong..Adore the sound of running water , love trees grass and plants. Like to see winter. Spring, Summer , Autumn.. Celebrate Easter Ostara,,Christmas. Yule.. You are most probably a closet Pagan anyway. And may not even be aware of it.

Closet Pagan. I like that! I live the Pagan lifestyle daily, but never put two and two together until recently. I never formally studied Paganism. I have a past life in a Celtic Druidic clan. Your list describes me.
Old 24-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Actually, Easter is a purely Christian holiday. The actual name in English we use, Easter, is related to an Anglo-Saxon month name mentioned by Bede that corresponds to the modern month of April. Bede also mentioned that the Anglo-Saxons worshiped a goddess by the name of Eostre around that time, and Jacob Grimm was one of the first people to theorize that the custom of dyeing Easter eggs, and the Easter Bunny are possible remnants of a Eostre cultus that were kept by the converted A-S.

But aside from the English & German customs that aren't in anyway Biblical, Easter, or Pascha, is definitely a Christian holiday.

Easter actually has been traced as far back as Babylonia(Mesopotamia). Traditions and all. The early Christians "borrowed" the Pagan holidays and "mutated" them to fit their theology so the populations would submit more easily.
Old 24-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruebeliever
Easter actually has been traced as far back as Babylonia(Mesopotamia). Traditions and all. The early Christians "borrowed" the Pagan holidays and "mutated" them to fit their theology so the populations would submit more easily.
And what kind of evidence can you cite to support that? I've heard it a few times; but I've never really heard anything that validates it as much as people insinuate it does.