Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 04-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Master
How does the inner-self trigger death ?

It's obvious that it does when the journey is complete, but how does it trigger that the body has to die ?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:15 PM
Suspended

Are you referring to when the body dies a natural death, meaning how does the body know when it's time to die?
Old 04-06-2016, 05:41 PM
Master
No.
For instance, you hear lots of times people went to the hospital with this problem or that problem, and a few days later they died. It's obvious the problem they first experienced was a precursor to their death.

I'd like to know how the inner self works to go from that precursor to the eventual death of the body.

What does it do ?
Old 05-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi DoctorStrange!

I have spent the past six years or so researching death and the afterlife, and based on the information that I have come across, here is what I believe to be the case.

Before we incarnate, each of us creates a general life plan with the help of highly-advanced beings. We plan major roadblocks in our lives--serious illnesses and injuries, for example--with the hope of learning certain spiritual lessons from those experiences. The life plan includes several "exit points," where the person might choose to die. Which exit point is chosen depends on the amount of progress made during that lifetime. The decision itself is made by the higher self, or the spiritually-perfect, fully-aware part of the mind.

Once a particular exit point is chosen, the person seems to become intuitively aware of his or her upcoming death. For example, many people will unconsciously begin to put their affairs in order, mentioning to their loved ones what sort of funeral arrangements they would like and where they've hidden the key to the safe that holds their will. It's really quite extraordinary!

I hope this helps!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
It's obvious that it does when the journey is complete, but how does it trigger that the body has to die ?

An interesting question, I think our whole life is a journey along the path set out before us, which we will endeavour to stay by making the right decisions when life throws the inevitable obstacles in our way to make us veer off, for us hopefully to find our way back, or not as may happen, but in the end we pass through that gate at the end of this path/life, where for once, fate/the spirit world will lend a powerful hand to make sure that the 'trigger' is pulled and on we shall go.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Cannata
Hi DoctorStrange!

I have spent the past six years or so researching death and the afterlife, and based on the information that I have come across, here is what I believe to be the case.

Before we incarnate, each of us creates a general life plan with the help of highly-advanced beings. We plan major roadblocks in our lives--serious illnesses and injuries, for example--with the hope of learning certain spiritual lessons from those experiences. The life plan includes several "exit points," where the person might choose to die. Which exit point is chosen depends on the amount of progress made during that lifetime. The decision itself is made by the higher self, or the spiritually-perfect, fully-aware part of the mind.

Once a particular exit point is chosen, the person seems to become intuitively aware of his or her upcoming death. For example, many people will unconsciously begin to put their affairs in order, mentioning to their loved ones what sort of funeral arrangements they would like and where they've hidden the key to the safe that holds their will. It's really quite extraordinary!

I hope this helps!

I agree with this. I've witnessed so many people who just "know" they are going to die soon, and I've also sensed when they are about to die.
The week before my grandpa died, I went over to his house and he told me he thought it was his time to go soon, and that he was ready to die and believed my grandma was waiting for him in heaven (he was in mourning because my grandmother had dementia and had been taken to a home). And soon after he died of an aneurysm. He really did predict it and was ready for it.

It was halloween night, and I would usually go out and party since I was younger at the time, but that night I just knew something was going to happen, so I stayed home, and when the phone rang, I knew it was him and I knew right away that he was going to die that night. And that was just weird but also magical... being that he died on halloween and everything, and another weird coincidence was that he died on the exact anniversary of the day he bought the farm (im not sure why halloween was such a special time for him), so it's like, he was letting go of the farm that day, and his death also sparked that change, my parents ended up selling the farm right after. I don't know if that was a good change or not, but it was change regardless, and I remember predicting it that night also, where I saw ahead to our future and knew that his death was necessary to bring us to where we are now.