Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 09:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katara
Daisy~What do you mean by "they"?

spirit, guides or helpers just spirit
Old 04-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Deactivated Account
i beleive (rightly or wrongly) in that silver cord which keeps us 'attached 'to the body when we're out travelling on the astral, this cord is broken only at the point of death and there is no such thing as being unable to get back in
Old 04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
i beleive (rightly or wrongly) in that silver cord which keeps us 'attached 'to the body when we're out travelling on the astral, this cord is broken only at the point of death and there is no such thing as being unable to get back in

Hi daisy, I agree with what you say. However, if you panic you will have more trouble getting back into your body than if you remain calm. I say this as I speak from my own experience, one of the first times I astral-travelled. Kundalini.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Deactivated Account
yeah you do need to stay calm and always ask for protection, how are your readings going k??
Old 04-09-2006, 10:23 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
yeah you do need to stay calm and always ask for protection, how are your readings going k??

They are going very well at the moment, thank you daisy.

Yes, always ask for protection first.

Kundalini.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Katara

Quote:
Originally Posted by simyboye
Hi there, although I'm new to this site I have something that may help. I downloaded **** sutphens astral projection. I have tried Sylvia Brownes methods but not had much luck.

Make sure you place of meditation is safe and secure and you feel comfortable. I was very close to it, but then moved house so the energies much different. I used to try it with herbs from holland and barrett. Use Valerian. It will keep you very nice and relaxed. Haven't mastered leaving my body and I've had some very very strange feelings, usually an anxiety from leaving my body. I was very close to it.

I have no doubt you can do it, the only thing holding you back is the tools and information you have on astral travel. Just make sure you keep going.

Love and Light
James

Thanks for the suggestions James. I'm trying to get settled in over here...I don't really have a place that feels safe and secure though, but I'm trying to work on that the best I can, some of it just isn't in my hands at this point. I've never heard of Valerian, but I'll look into it.

Thank you again,*smiles* and all the best with your Astral Travel.

Many Blessings
Old 09-09-2006, 11:02 AM
mikron

try sleeping sitting up ! its easier to get to the vibration that way ! lying down dampens the vibration

mikron
Old 27-09-2006, 03:42 AM
jonpeeoh

Hi Katara,

I've been out of the astral loop for a couple years, but I had a large amount of success over the course of about 4 years before this. Since then my focus has shifted and I haven't come back around to OBE efforts. However, my successes are notable, as I had the most trouble of anyone I've ever known in getting out of body.

So I ought to be able to give you some pointers. First, here's some things to understand/expect:

1) fear/panic - It's entirely possible that the first time you actually succeed, you will panic. It's completely natural and many people do. It's a very bizarre feeling (especially if you use a fully conscious projection) and can cause you that split second of panic that causes you to lose it. Solution: Reaffirm your desire to yourself and keep trying. After a time or three, this panic reflex goes away...

2) other fears - A lot of people have a lot of different beliefs, and these beliefs form the way that they experience their astral travel. The basic fact of the matter is that everything in the universe is one thing, one energy, and all division is merely illusion. When you project, you are not "leaving your body" really because in fact physical reality (space as well as time) do not exist - they only appear to. So not understanding the fact that you are merely altering your consciousness, many of not most people perceive of astral travel as "going somewhere". For this purpose, most people feel the need to create some form of "protection". They may have guides, angels, their higher self, astral friends, whatever you want, who help them. Many also perceive a silver cord, because it causes them to intrinsically realize that they are safe and still connected to themselves, when in fact it is impossible to be otherwise. (There is no real cord, as there is no real separation, just a shift in consciousness... actually, this is kinda hard to write in words) - take any view on it that makes you comfortable, but the bottom line is you are safe when projecting, there is no need to fear that anything can "get you", "take over your body", or that you can "get lost and not find your way back". Anyone who has vehemently argued to that effect has basically believed it into existence for themselves astrally. It was them that caused it, not something malevolent.

3) Now let's get to actually "getting out". There are three basic steps that are absolutely necessary, and the points after that will basically take care of themselves. For the best information you can find in existence (as far as I know), buy Robert Bruce's book Astral Dynamics - that's the IT book of astral ability (but also will cause enhancements in all psychic/spiritual development). Here are the most important steps, which took me sooooo long to master:

Step 1> You must must must must must must MUST be able to meditate for an extended period of time without the bother of mental chatter (ie verbal thoughts) - you can practice this any time you want, just begin to monitor your mind and place your awareness on something such as your breath. Whenever you catch yourself blabbing away again mentally, take note, release the mental chatter, and focus on your focus point again. Do this a few times each day until you have developed the ability to silence your mind. This seems daunting, but in all honesty doesn't take very long to master. Another tip that someone gave me once is a kind of shortcut to experiencing what this state feels like. Pretend as though someone has told you to "listen up, this is very important." In that split second that you stop and give your attention to someone, but before they say anything, that mental chatter has stopped. So practice "listening", in order to learn to quiet the mind.

Step 2> You absolutely must must must must MUST be able to relax your body completely. This is the step that caused me the most grief. I did not realize for the longest time that I was still slightly tense in certain areas. You must practice relaxation ad nauseum, which sucks because it is a very boring practice. It won't take long before you automate the process, so don't worry too much. At first, you will have to spend 5 minutes relaxing feet, then relaxing legs, then relaxing stomach, then chest, then arms, then neck, then face, tensing muscles, etc etc etc. It's a huge pain and can cause anxiety at first, becoming difficult to finish. This is a subconscious resistance - push past it. When you really get the hang of it (Bruce's sponging technique* seemed to work best for me, as well as a golden warm ball moving through my body), you no longer need the tedium. You will be able to lie down, tense your entire body for 4 seconds, and relax completely, immediately. Man, is THAT a happy day!

Step 3> You should, non-verbally/mentally, create some imaginary action that is in motion.** The reason is twofold - motion seems to trigger further relaxation and put the body to sleep. The other reason is that motion allows your attention to remain focused which keeps the mind awake. You will most likely know you have achieved this goal, not when you think you have, but about 20 minutes later, when you suddenly blink out of consciousness and back. You will feel your entire being expand and a deep deep warmth, at which point you will be able to remain happily in this state for hours. I used to remain in this state for hours, as a matter of fact, with absolutely no sweat off my back. Because IT FEELS AWESOME! Now, stay this way for long enough and continue an imaginary motion, and you will sweep out of your body. However, if you can keep your mind awake and focused without in any way straining your physical being, you will eventually pop out of your body anyway. That's why I listed step 3 as a "should", instead of a "must". It's just easier to do it this way - when you get good at it you won't need a "technique" so much.

* The sponging technique in a nutshell: Imagine a hand with a sponge dipping the sponge in a big bucket of water, then imagine that hand pulling the sponge up through your feet, slowly, to about your ankles. Feel your feet fill with the water. The sponge goes back in the bucket, and pulls through your feet up to your knees, again feeling the water inside your body. Continue repeating this until you have sponged all the way up your body - I find this one in particular to be highly relaxing and generate a large amount of buzzing feelings.

** My favorite and most useful, oddly enough, is imaging that my mattress is on a rollercoaster rail, going backwards. I have trouble imagining going forward on this rollercoaster, but I can easily imagine going backwards, and can imagine the scenery in front of me rushing away from me as I shoot up, down, and loop-dee-loo. I think the going backwards helps me to melt into the mattress also - surrendering yourself to gravity entirely is a very cool feeling, which accounts for the "sinking" feeling people experience. Also note that I did 95% of my meditation and astral work lying down in bed on my back, which is generally not recommended (lying in bed stimulates sleep habit), but just seems to work better for me.

Dear god I wrote a book... Hopefully my endless blabbing will have provided you with something hopeful and helpful. Good luck and happy travels!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Fiona

This last post was really helpful. I tried and tried to astrally project a while back. I once got very close although I did not realise it at the time. I saw dancing lights in the blackness behind my eyelids. One of them went smudging it's way across my vision and I followed it. To my surprise it came towards me and appeared to enter me. As it did so I heard a number of musical notes and saw crystal colours of the rainbow, the music became louder and louder until it was completely deafening and I could see the my room in glorious technicolour, even though my eyelids were closed and the room was in total darkness. I was extremely scared at that moment and immediately opened my eyes and sat up. Everything became completely dark, silent and normal again. Since this I have never ever been able to attain anything similar and I am so angry with myself for losing my nerve.

However, this post has given me some renewed hope. I will try again using some of these techniques. Perhaps my previous experience proves that if I persevere I am at least capable of doing this. Thank you.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
feohgoddess

hello. I project naturally ( when im asleep) but for years before i was able to actually project, i was stuck in the astral catalepsy stage, which for me, is a viberating sensation. i would fight it and found myself stuck, not able to project nor able to wake up. one night i finally relaxed and didn't think about the catalepsy, and i was able to move out of my body as if i were walking in real life, except the sensation is alot more condence.

i have yet to project by trying to. i have projected while awake right before i layed my head down on my pillow. i was actually still sitting up, but i was so exhausted ( i was up past 24 hours) that i came out of my body while sitting up.

i'm not sure if any of this information helps, but i hope it does.

love and light

feoh <3
Closed Thread