Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Experiencer

Ok thank you very much for this inavalen.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Some people's minds are very picky. How someone else looks (or how much money they have or how successful they are) is very important to them. I know a guy who never could get a girlfriend. He would occasionally mention to friends he liked some girl and they would immediately tell him she was "ugly" and not worth pursuing. He got very depressed and told me he gave up, he would be alone his whole life and he was fine with it. But it was obvious he was not fine with it.

Well randomly he was in another city for work and was lonely so he was looking through some online dating site on his phone and he messaged a girl. She agreed to meet him as she was near his hotel. Well he waited out there for over an hour. Finally he saw a girl walking across the street who looked like the girl and he messaged her. She answered back, "I am fat and ugly and you don't want to meet me." She then ran off. He followed her around that city for hours talking to her and finally they met. They have been very happily together a year now and are very much in love.

A lot of dating and relationships are "ego" based. How much money somebody has, how good looking they are, plays into it. But then we can also be attracted to how nice and kind and loving someone is. I remember being 18 and working at a gas station and going to a club with a co-worker and these attractive females were talking with us, then my friend blurted out where we worked and the females looked at each other, made faces, and walked off.

I'd also point out many monks and nuns choose to not have "spouses" and live happy and fulfilling lives. Statistics say something like 50% of marriages fail. So finding and maintaining a happy loving relationship with another is not necessarily an easy or always pleasurable thing.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:37 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
Some people's minds are very picky. How someone else looks (or how much money they have or how successful they are) is very important to them. I know a guy who never could get a girlfriend. He would occasionally mention to friends he liked some girl and they would immediately tell him she was "ugly" and not worth pursuing. He got very depressed and told me he gave up, he would be alone his whole life and he was fine with it. But it was obvious he was not fine with it.

Well randomly he was in another city for work and was lonely so he was looking through some online dating site on his phone and he messaged a girl. She agreed to meet him as she was near his hotel. Well he waited out there for over an hour. Finally he saw a girl walking across the street who looked like the girl and he messaged her. She answered back, "I am fat and ugly and you don't want to meet me." She then ran off. He followed her around that city for hours talking to her and finally they met. They have been very happily together a year now and are very much in love.

A lot of dating and relationships are "ego" based. How much money somebody has, how good looking they are, plays into it. But then we can also be attracted to how nice and kind and loving someone is. I remember being 18 and working at a gas station and going to a club with a co-worker and these attractive females were talking with us, then my friend blurted out where we worked and the females looked at each other, made faces, and walked off.

I'd also point out many monks and nuns choose to not have "spouses" and live happy and fulfilling lives. Statistics say something like 50% of marriages fail. So finding and maintaining a happy loving relationship with another is not necessarily an easy or always pleasurable thing.
Hi. A lovely statement and very true. People are often quick to judge. For me it's always about getting to know the person as a personality, not by appearance. For in real terms it is the soul we are connecting with. It makes me think of Simon west*ern... Served in the army and was severely badly burnt. He had no face left. After several years of re-consteuctive surgery he started several charities, and eventually fell in love with one of his charity workers. A very lovely and attractive young woman. She did not care that he was badly scarred and disfigured . She only saw his beauty. They married and had several children. I feel that anyone that judges a person on how they look, or how rich they are, are not realistically the type of people we would want in our lives anyway, and obviously a relationship failed to doom.