Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-04-2020, 04:49 PM
Knower

Crisis

Hi there,

I am pretty much in a massive crisis. A couple of weeks ago when the virus thing hit the fan, I began to feel intense fear, but was not being with it in true equanimity, even though I thought I was. I started fluctuating between anxious and “good”. Finally 2 days ago I had a full psychotic break. Now I feel like I have lost my soul, my heart is empty, and my mental state is incredibly reactive. Every little sensation, everything that happens to me, drives me nuts. I can’t concentrate on anything as my thoughts are moving like 1000/s.
I’m feeling pretty hopeless. I’ve just gotten started on a medication regimen.
I’m not really sure what to do, any supportive or reassuring words would be appreciated .... thanks :)
Old 04-04-2020, 05:12 PM
Master
I just listened to this video of Eckhart Tolle's. I find his voice very calming. The subject matter fits in with your post I think. I'd advise turning the news off for the majority of the time also.. Best wishes.

https://youtu.be/5MG1XcntrT4

Welcome to SF.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I just listened to this video of Eckhart Tolle's. I find his voice very calming. The subject matter fits in with your post I think. I'd advise turning the news off for the majority of the time also.. Best wishes.

https://youtu.be/5MG1XcntrT4

Welcome to SF.
He got the voice for it alright.

@Sarahpro;

Things we can do: connect with others (directly, if possible) or by phone. Talking definitely helps. Watch your favourite movie, read your favourite book. Walk with the dog (if you have). Bake or cook something you've never baked/cooked.

Precautions: wash regularly (esp. when going out), I find hand gel especially useful now. Use mask if advised or worried. Keep yourself updated about the regional situation, even if that brings worries you still got to stay aware of changes.

Don't know about your mental health issue, can't comment there..

You're not in this alone.
Old 04-04-2020, 07:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpro
Hi there,

I am pretty much in a massive crisis. A couple of weeks ago when the virus thing hit the fan, I began to feel intense fear, but was not being with it in true equanimity, even though I thought I was. I started fluctuating between anxious and “good”. Finally 2 days ago I had a full psychotic break. Now I feel like I have lost my soul, my heart is empty, and my mental state is incredibly reactive. Every little sensation, everything that happens to me, drives me nuts. I can’t concentrate on anything as my thoughts are moving like 1000/s.
I’m feeling pretty hopeless. I’ve just gotten started on a medication regimen.
I’m not really sure what to do, any supportive or reassuring words would be appreciated .... thanks :)

I assume you know to be careful with medications. They may be a temporary crutch, not a solution.

From what you wrote I infer that you were fine until a couple of weeks ago.

As the other posters suggested, stop watching and reading the news for more than keeping updated with instructions from your local authorities. Just a few minutes a couple of times a day should be enough. This is the main culprit in panicking you.

Avoid, reduce contact with, people in your entourage that spread panic. Tune out at least.

Understand that panic debilitates your health, and won't solve anything.

Fill your time with activities and thoughts that make you feel good, laugh.

This may be a great time to start getting to know your inner reality. You are very young, but I believe it's never too early to widen your horizon by looking inside your mind, not only to the outside reality.

You should also watch your diet and do some exercising, as both of them affect your mental well-being.

Try to adopt the following attitude (understand it, affirm it, pray for it, whatever you find better for you):
Have the serenity to accept the things you cannot change,
the courage to change the things you can,
and the wisdom to know the difference!
Good luck! Life goes on!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:54 AM
Master

A few days ago, on another thread I posted this:
Quote:
Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion > Another bogeyman...
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
If you want, when you go to sleep do the following:

- settle in your bed for sleep
- with your eyes alreay closed, gently point a little upwards while normally breathing in through your nose, without thinking about anything
- hold in your breath for about 3 seconds
- slowly breath out through your nose, and while counting from 5 down to 1, about a second each count, lower you eyes gently, and continue lowering your focus of imagination toward your feet, and a little beyond (don't force your eyes, move your focus mainly in your imagination, smoothly, not thinking about your body)
- if you feel you're still too alert, repeat this 1 or 2 more times
- now, addressing your subconscious say something like: every time I am in an unpleasant situation, change it into a pleasant one (use a normal tone, not begging, not commanding, just give the instructions as you'd know that they're understood and will be followed, no questions asked)
- after that, you may also add something like: now optimize my sleep and wake me up at [whatever time you want] fully rested, refreshed, feeling wonderful

That's all.
You can use that, or can modify the suggestions as you see fit. Make suggestions about the end result of the change you want to make, not how to do it, not what not to be anymore.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:11 AM
Master
Sarahpro, Take a relaxing bath, 2-cups of Apple Cider Vinegar or Epsom Salt may
do the trick. Listen to positive flowing music, and do a light stretching workout. Be informed
but don't over-dose on the T.V. news.

It is difficult for people to just be, we see ourselves as human do'ers and not states of being.
You have the power to change your current state of being. Fear is all about what you think is
going to happen next.

Live in the moment, moment by moment, and don't project on what may happen, that is
where your fear is coming from. Preoccupy yourself with plasant things to do in your home.
Things that you wish you had time to do, and now you do

I am working with doctors, nurses, EMT's, and others who are on the front-lines and
a lot of them are afraid, so you are not alone. Write down how you feel and leave it on the paper.
Practice safety, occupy yourself, quiet your mind if you can, and don't project on what may happen.

Peace and Love to you, and welcome to Spiritual Forums.

Last edited by Starman : 05-04-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:36 AM
Master
Guided Imagery (Transformation)

If you want you can take a few moments and allow your body to be free….to rest comfortably, and become aware of your mental location…tune into what ever you are thinking about….images or ideas that are passing through your mind. Although the content of your thoughts will change as you read this post…now look at your emotional location. How are you feeling?

Now become aware of your physical location in space, aware of the position of your body and the sensations…letting each thing that you have become aware of be a signal to let go…let go of any mental, emotional, or physical tension, and allow yourself to enjoy the experience of letting go.

Feel the air and little breezes that brush against the exposed portions of your skin; letting go for awhile and allowing yourself to be free to look within, and feel that let go…. relax from the top of your head to the tips of your toes. Gradually allowing yourself to let go of having to think or do anything at all. No right, no wrong, nothing you need or want to do, except to let go to that unique beautiful person which you call “your self.”

Now, tune into your breathing; one breath in….. and letting it out, and let it be a feeling of letting go. Enjoy the gradual slowing of your breathing; letting the air breath for you, and feel yourself as part of that letting go. And feeling the pause before you let go and the next breath breathes itself in, experience that pause. No need to understand the deeper levels of yourself as you are guided to your own special place of comfort and peace. Feel your breathing; the air coming in and then letting itself go before the next breath is allowed to enter. Each breath riding on a wave of peace with shorter and fewer thoughts, until you feel the comfort of slipping into the spaces between the thoughts.

Ripples flowing out, like ripples from and autumn leaf falling softly onto the surface of a quiet lake. Rainbow colors flowing into your forehead down through the muscles of your face; your lips, your tongue, a deep comfortable warmth flowing through your body. Your neck, down your shoulders, down to your wrists and hands, and finding its‘ way into each finger, as you breath in and feel the surge of the universe nurturing you.

And as you go deeper within; you allow all of your body to soften, soften as though you have been in a cocoon, a cocoon that you can leave when you are ready. You know that you no longer need to be constrained by the cocoon, or limiting thoughts that tie knots, and not seeking but finding the tension in your body melting by letting go. Let thoughts like twisted strands of thread which you have followed in the past unravel themselves; as it takes you deeper and deeper within. Like silken threads that circle and encircle the cocoon, can be forgotten. And you know that you will soon emerge from your cocoon transformed…..and you don’t know exactly what you will look like, but you know within that you are beautiful to all who can truly see beauty.

And all the colors of the spectrum, and all the sounds of the rainbow will radiate from you. Its’ almost time now….yet if you wish you can let it seem like and eternity, and let yourself enjoy the changes within, enjoying the journey of transformation brings freedom as you discover your wings. Being more of what you’ve always been…..deep within.

Soar in the sunlight, or in the moonlight; with colors dancing in a world of blue sky and white clouds. No longer crawling….no longer wrapped in a cocoon of tension. Floating from flower to flower; drinking nectar with every breath, and enjoying your being. Each time you touch within you know a little more, bathing in the radiant knowledge that plays on the cords of your heart. Affirming a boundless presence that shines forth from within you.

Peace and Good Journey,
Starman
Old 10-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Elfin

Hi. You are going through a difficult time. And brave of you to ask for help. So I am just offering my verbal support. And know you are never alone. Best wishes....
Old 10-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Knower
Anxiety and fear. Just live your normal life as you have been. Cut back on watching and reading the pandemic news. You will feel better.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Anxiety and fear. Just live your normal life as you have been. Cut back on watching and reading the pandemic news. You will feel better.
I agree. Good advice.