Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 27-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Seeker

I've never really made a connection between the use of ouija boards and pendulums. I do not like the thought of ouija, so have never tried it, but I love my pendulum, and have never had any bad experiences with pendulums. I suppose it depends how far you take it, I would never ask or pursue anything that didn't feel right, I think you have to trust your instinct on this.
Old 28-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie

@Jenny Crow, you cannot promise that a pendulum is perfectly safe. On what authority do you make this guarantee?

I don't recall promising anything.....but.....how can it be dangerous to communicate with your own subconscious?
Old 30-07-2016, 04:19 AM
Guide

I use a pendulum to confirm intuitive knowing only. I have not been afraid to use it. I did lose a rose quartz one recently as I was in a church and thought perhaps someone there needed it more than me.
Old 31-07-2016, 05:06 PM
Guide
Rozie, the bad experience you had with a pendulum, how did you fix it? Like if you had something not nice attached, how did you get rid of it for good? Curious.
Old 17-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Newbie ;)

I would advise against using crystal pendulums. They tend to accumulate energies as you work with them and require frequent and careful discharging/cleansing.

The best pendulum for novice work would be the brass Isis-type pendulum.
It's sensitive, quite powerful, doesn't need cleansing (at all) and is small enough to be carried around with you at all times, as a talisman.
This way it stays in your bio-field and sort of bonds with you.

Remember that no matter what pendulum type you are using, you should avoid letting the tip point towards any part of your body. The tip generates the undesirable grey energy (or green negative as it's called in some works).
This is normal for pendulums and is the reason why it should not point towards your leg for example. Of course, often you will experiment with a pendulum above the palm of your hand, which is fine since your hand is part of the 'system' at that point. There are special healing pendulums which will radiate specific colors from the tip and may be used in chromotherapy but these are certainly not the pendulums to be used by a novice, as they require good background in radiesthesia and certain sensitivity as well as frequent programming that could go wrong if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 17-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Guide

I've had a bad experience too and whilst I wasn't scared at the time, a day or so ago, I've become increasingly spooked and anxious because I don't really know if I've let something in or not.

I thought pendulums communicated with the subconscious and higher self but after my experience I'd be devastated to think that might be a part of me.

I threw my pendulum in the bin. I just don't know if that's the end of it. What do you do to get rid of something that might be left behind?
Old 19-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Newbie ;)

I have been using pendulum for a few months now and have not had a bad experience or others I know that work with it. Its not to or discredit others experiences. I always make sure to set my protection however, I am not evolved as some others are. I also have a very dear friend who has a guide she connects with on the Ouija board for years. So much use the board is almost brown with nothing on it. So not everyone has a bad experience.

If you are scared and had that experience then try something differently. there is no reason for you to ever feel unsafe.
Old 14-04-2020, 10:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Iv'e used a pendulum for many years with and without a pendulum spirit board with no issues.Iv'e also used Ouija Boards, Tables and modern ITC's as well as old manual tune radios to speak with spirits again never had any issues if there used correctly.
Old 22-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Newbie ;)

I am curious about using pendulums. I heard a person say that they were taught to use one to pick out letters for a message. This seems unsafe to me, I will not have a ouija anywhere near me. But I guess any method can be corrupted if the reader is not in the right manner. I'm fairly new to reading so any wisdom is appreciated. Peace to You
Old 30-04-2020, 09:03 AM
Seeker

By attaining a trance state at will, the shaman is believed to be able to communicate directly with the spirits. The Ayahuasca drink's psychoactive properties are thought to derive from the presence of a psychedelic compound called DMT. Many believe that the ayahuasca experience results from communicating with the plants' spirits. Shamans who work with spirits of the plants - https://dmt.vision/articles/101/ - insist that the plants are assisting us in our evolution and provide the necessary guidance.