Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 09-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Seeker

Energy & Qi Gong very strong!

Does anybody have any advice on how to control chi energy? Every time I practice Qi Gong it takes at least 2 full days before the energy leaves my body. It usually gets stuck on my head and takes lots of work to keep bringing it down. I tried grounding myself but nothing works right away.

Also I am able to feel negative and positive energy. If i touch objects like money, or around people who dont like me my chin feels like static and vibrates until i leave them. I feel energy on my fingers and face on a daily basis for years now that make my hairs move on there own. When my hairs move it curls, bends and flips on my eyebrow and fingers. Is this related to Qi energy as well?
Old 20-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Experiencer

In my opinion, concentrate on another chakra of the body. If it's stuck, let's say, in the throat chakra begin moving it to the closet chakra which in this case would be the heart or the third eye. Next thing is how do you move it. Chakras are like vacuums for enerygy so activate other chakras. If you dont feel grounded I suggest activating your root chakras. That oughta keep you grounded. Practice enough and you'll tougher to move than a mountain ;)

I really hope this helps. Train consistently.
Old 25-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Bamboo

Hi Bacchanal,

sorry to hear about your problem. Specifically what type of qigong practice are you using? Typically if you are using correct breathing (reverse lower abdominal breathing) that will store whatever qi you have accumulated from the practice in the xiatian/lower field (xiadantian/lower elixer field). If you do not bring the qi to the lower field then it can run wild. Usually it flares up and interferes with the heart but it can also go up into the head.

Brayan,

With all due respect in qigong we do not work with chakras. It is not advisable to transfer terms and practices from other traditions and mix them in willy nilly. In qigong/neigong we work with the three fileds (shangtian/upper filed, zhongtian/middle field and xiatian/lower field) that are located in the head cavity, chest cavity and abdominal cavities respectively. We also work with the front and back active and passive channels (ren and du mai), the 12 meridians and the 8 extraordinary channels (of which ren mai and du mai are two). While I totally appreciate you were only trying to help, mixing systems, terminology and technique wise is not a good idea.
Old 26-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Seeker

Thanks for the help. Do you think I should not mix mediation with Qi Gong? I just started to teach myself online I dont really know the basics of it I guess. I do meditate or practice Qi Gong everyday. Just until recent the energy has been pretty good but I feel I am not doing properly.
Old 27-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Bamboo

Hi Bacchanal,

there is no problem with practicing meditation and qigong concurrently as long as you are doing them correctly. I myself used to practice basic qigong (baduan jin/eight pieces of brocade) together with zen meditation for a few years when I first started, with pretty good results.

What qigong are you practicing - also what type of meditation are you doing?
Old 27-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Bamboo

That said, if you are practicing correctly and still experiencing negative effects some practices simply are not compatible. In this instance you have to weigh up which is most beneficial and keep one and drop the other.

This is why it is best to learn a lineage practice. You get a complete system without having to worry about whether all the practices are compatible.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Seeker

Hi Bacchanal,

Qi-gong
I myself used to practice basic qigong (baduan jin/eight pieces of brocade. IF your practice correctly you will feel e.g. the Qi (tingling, heath) in your feet.
Meditation
I meditate for several years and I know for a fact that certain sounds (singing, chanting, mantras) will open up my crown chakra very rapidly, even to the point that is hurts quite a lot.

When I do my Qi-gong exercises it will sometimes have the same effect on my crown chakra as the meditation. So these modalities are not at all separate.

In meditation a lot of problems are caused by lack of grounding, really I experienced this myself and I can tell you it is not a pretty feeling when the energy stays in the upper part of your body. Moving energy (opening up chakras) is not without consequences and should be done with a basic understanding of the factors that are connected. Some energy healers will spent as much as 1,5 hours on grounding the “patient”. Special attention should be given to the base chakra (sounds, food, being outdoors, walking bare footed, etc.), there is huge amount of information on you tube about grounding. Basic knowledge how to balance the chakra system could also be worthwhile.

Anyway, it is not my intent to frighten you, the benefits of qi-gong and meditation can be significant for the average person. I am only telling you to invest some time to get acquainted with the tools you are using.

As far as Qi-gong is concerned I would look for a teacher and discuss the issues you have, he/she should be able to show you the way how to move the energy.

Best of luck
Old 11-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhetnu

In meditation a lot of problems are caused by lack of grounding, really I experienced this myself and I can tell you it is not a pretty feeling when the energy stays in the upper part of your body. Moving energy (opening up chakras) is not without consequences and should be done with a basic understanding of the factors that are connected. Some energy healers will spent as much as 1,5 hours on grounding the “patient”. Special attention should be given to the base chakra (sounds, food, being outdoors, walking bare footed, etc.),

Agreed with the lack of grounding! A few things can cause the person's energy to shift upwards, or be ungrounded.

For me, the most noticeable sign of being ungrounded is that my digestive system gets weaker. I also have altered states of consciousness, which means I can tune in and tune out of different dimensions while I am fully conscious, like when I'm driving or such.

W.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Ascender

double post