Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-04-2020, 01:28 AM
Pathfinder
Gospel Of Thomas

“If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

https://www.godbrahmanistheoceanoflo...of-thomas.html
Old 09-04-2020, 02:42 AM
Master

In other words: turn inwards, to your inner source of knowledge and guidance, or you've wasted your time / life!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:30 AM
Pathfinder
I think you've pretty much got it Inavalen
Old 09-04-2020, 11:26 AM
Master

Even if most of the people discard the Gospel of Thomas, something that most christians do, you still have to turn inwards to talk with God... and I agree with that verse.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:26 PM
Master
" If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

LOVE... Our True Essence is love, the love you have within will save you if it is brought forth.
Without love for all Sentient beings you are Spiritually dead ( Destroyed).
Old 09-04-2020, 02:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgarthaZen11
“If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

https://www.godbrahmanistheoceanoflo...of-thomas.html

The light.. What will destroy you is your attachments, fears and issues.

Romans 8:6-14

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

What one has inside themselves is the spirit (or essence) of Christ. We are all "children of God" or potentially Christ-like. If you realize that (bring forth) then one becomes beyond the concept of "death". If it remains obscured, then one continues in the normal cycle of life and death.

24. His disciples said, "Show us the place where you are, for we must seek it." He said to them, "Anyone here with two ears had better listen! There is light within a person of light, and it shines on the whole world. If it does not shine, it is dark."
Old 10-04-2020, 12:45 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
The light.. What will destroy you is your attachments, fears and issues.

Romans 8:6-14

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

What one has inside themselves is the spirit (or essence) of Christ. We are all "children of God" or potentially Christ-like. If you realize that (bring forth) then one becomes beyond the concept of "death". If it remains obscured, then one continues in the normal cycle of life and death.

24. His disciples said, "Show us the place where you are, for we must seek it." He said to them, "Anyone here with two ears had better listen! There is light within a person of light, and it shines on the whole world. If it does not shine, it is dark."

Nice!
I could not agree more.

Radiate that Light which is within.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:24 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
" If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

LOVE... Our True Essence is love, the love you have within will save you if it is brought forth.
Without love for all Sentient beings you are Spiritually dead ( Destroyed).

Gnostic Christianity, much like Christianity, is a dualistic thinking religion.

If we bring out the love, we also bring out the hate at the same time.

That is honesty as compared to the religions that only speak of love, while showing hate against women, gays, and those who see Yahweh as evil thanks to his not very moral ways.

That hate is what will destroy us if we let it fester inside.

This thinking is tied to the old adage, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing. Gnostic let it out and criticize evil and that was what forced the early church, Constantine's church, to use inquisitions on us.

Evil is as evil does.

Regards
DL
Old 12-04-2020, 07:33 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Even if most of the people discard the Gospel of Thomas, something that most christians do, you still have to turn inwards to talk with God... and I agree with that verse.

Christians do ignore it, because, as in the past, they cannot argue against our policies that refute theirs.

That is why violence was used against us and why they get so angry these days when one of us is about to call them on their poor moral positions.

These days, decent apologists for Christianity are almost non-existent and they can only swear at us and run from any moral discussions.

They used to teach me a few things but these days, they can't even open their bibles to quote appropriate passages.

Regards
DL