Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 28-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Experiencer

"The Fourth Kind"

" The Fourth Kind " a 2009 movie. I just watched it the other night.

At the start of the movie, Milla Jovovich , who plays the main character, Abbey Tyler, gives a narrative of what the movie is about, and, says it's based on true events that happened in Nome, Alaska, between Oct 2nd and Oct 9th, 2000. ( missing persons, alien abductions)

As I do google searches on this event, I'm lead to believe the movie was based on fiction. Yes, there have been many missing persons in Nome, over a period of time, but, the events of the movie, between Oct 2nd and Oct 9th, 2000, never happened.

How can a movie be said to be based on a true story, when it isn't?
Old 29-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Knower

Not sure. There was a movie from the nineties called "Fire in the Sky" which apparently was based on a real alien abduction. I never saw it though.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Not sure. There was a movie from the nineties called "Fire in the Sky" which apparently was based on a real alien abduction. I never saw it though.

I have no problem with " Fire in the Sky " . From what I know of it, it was based on a true story. I saw that movie, ( didn't read the book ) As far as I know, from reading, the talk shows, both radio and tv, this event took place.

The one in my OP, from what I gather, is a hoax. The events in this movie, never happened.

Some of the content is speculated to be " borrowed " from John Mack, whom, in my opinion, went after the facts, studied the evidence , and, sadly, ruined his reputation with those in his profession, because he was willing to examine the evidence. Check out this interview he did with NOVA.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/aliens/johnmack.html

Mr. Mack reminds me of the late, Dr. Josef Allen Hynek, although each came from a different profession, both were staunch skeptics, however, because they actually examined the evidence, looked at the facts, of each case they examined, concluded that something not of this world, is happening.

Hat's off to Mr. Mack, and Mr. Hynek. They both went to their graves, standing behind what they found to be facts.
May many more, in prestigious professions, pull their head of the sand, and truly look into the UFO/alien abduction phenomenon.
Old 03-01-2020, 05:32 PM
Newbie ;)

I know this is an old thread, but I have some relevant input. Jay Essex, in "Creation: Its History, Explosive Evolution, and ET arrivals on Earth" says the ETs in the "Fourth Kind" are the Enaugk, and "they're exactly as described in the movie. This movie should be called a documentary because it is."