Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Thou shall not temp the Lord thy God, and by extension his holy representative on earth.
Old 17-04-2020, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
No argument here, like I said, on some issues I just like to punt the ball back into the mystery.... for now anyway. Sounds like theologians have been arguing this one plenty already.
It occurs to me that you may(?) be experiencing some Icarus-myth related heeby-jeeby issues, Ketz. These often put the kabosh on peeps whole-heart-and-mnd-edly grabbing onto life-buoy 'brass ring' dangled by way of 'advice' such as "Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

Methinks 'theism' itself, hence 'pantheism' and 'panentheism' as well, may(?) become irrelevant as [u]concepts[/i]), for most people at least , at some point in the future.

Check out the series of posts on http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=134864&page=2 for additional context pertaining to my above speculation(s).
Old 19-04-2020, 01:26 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
It occurs to me that you may(?) be experiencing some Icarus-myth related heeby-jeeby issues, Ketz. These often put the kabosh on peeps whole-heart-and-mnd-edly grabbing onto life-buoy 'brass ring' dangled by way of 'advice' such as "Ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

Methinks 'theism' itself, hence 'pantheism' and 'panentheism' as well, may(?) become irrelevant as [u]concepts[/i]), for most people at least , at some point in the future.

Check out the series of posts on http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=134864&page=2 for additional context pertaining to my above speculation(s).
Hmmm... Pantheism is a rather inclusive theism, and has room in the revival tent for the Pentecostals among the many denominations. However, if you wish to converse with the Holy See, you must stop speaking in these strange tongues and use a common language. English seems to be the defacto forum language so I might suggest that one.

Old 19-04-2020, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Hmmm... Pantheism is a rather inclusive theism, and has room in the revival tent for the Pentecostals among the many denominations. However, if you wish to converse with the Holy See, you must stop speaking in these strange tongues and use a common language. English seems to be the defacto forum language so I might suggest that one.
"Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." is written in English!

If the Holy See wishes to actually see, he must actually 'open' his 'I' to doing so. He must choose/dare to 'fly' (like Icarus - have you read the myth? - if not, do so, to follow my 'clue'). You might begin by really whole-heartedly prayer-intending-believing that you will be, i.e. eventually become, able to grok the kind of info I am communicating and that you will not 'crash and burn' as he and Adam and Eve, who also 'dared', were 'horror story' fear-projected to have 'fate'fully experienced.

The only thing to fear is fear itself - it makes people psychospiritually 'shrink'!

Read these words (over and over if necessary) till you see what I am 'pointing' to, O Holy See who (presently) dismisses the differences between pantheism and panentheism as well as the ultimate short-lived-ness of the concept of theism itself which I spoke of in David-speak as being 'gobbldegook' - that is if you really wish to 'see'!

This is 'over an out' for now - moving onward, I am. (That last bit was Yoda-speak! LOL)
Old 19-04-2020, 02:45 PM
ketzer

Quote:
"Seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you." is written in English!

If the Holy See wishes to actually see, he must actually 'open' his 'I' to doing so. He must choose/dare to 'fly' (like Icarus - have you read the myth? - if not, do so, to follow my 'clue'). You might begin by really whole-heartedly prayer-intending-believing that you will be, i.e. eventually become, able to grok the kind of info I am communicating and that you will not 'crash and burn' as he and Adam and Eve, who also 'dared', were 'horror story' fear-projected to have 'fate'fully experienced.

The only thing to fear is fear itself - it makes people psychospiritually 'shrink'!

Read these words (over and over if necessary) till you see what I am 'pointing' to, O Holy See who (presently) dismisses the differences between pantheism and panentheism as well as the ultimate short-lived-ness of the concept of theism itself which I spoke of in David-speak as being 'gobbldegook' - that is if you really wish to 'see'!

This is 'over an out' for now - moving onward, I am. (That last bit was Yoda-speak! LOL)

There are many demands on his holiness's time and so priorities must be established. Please understand that it may be quite awhile before he gets around to reading your words over and over again. In the mean time, please know that it is not that the holy see dismisses the difference(s) between pantheism vs panentheism. We find the the extra 'en' inserted to be somewhat in-triguing. However, as was stated above, with all the demands on his time, what with the pending coronation and all, there is scant time to entertain such thoughts.
Old 20-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
There are many demands on his holiness's time and so priorities must be established. Please understand that it may be quite awhile before he gets around to reading your words over and over again. In the mean time, please know that it is not that the holy see dismisses the difference(s) between pantheism vs panentheism. We find the the extra 'en' inserted to be somewhat in-triguing. However, as was stated above, with all the demands on his time, what with the pending coronation and all, there is scant time to entertain such thoughts.
Silly me - I thought your earlier words meant that you really wanted to play Pope with these ideas.
Old 20-04-2020, 01:40 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Silly me - I thought your earlier words meant that you really wanted to play Pope with these ideas.
Perhaps? IDK, as I don't seem to speak David speak so well. Perhaps I lac in clairvoyance??
Old 20-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Perhaps? IDK, as I don't seem to speak David speak so well. Perhaps I lac in clairvoyance??
Here are your own words Ketz=speak words, Ketz (Dog biting its own tail image may be relevant?):

"Interesting if subtle distinctions. I can't help thinking as I read that, "oh what a tangled web we weave" even when we are not trying to deceive. There are many different paradoxes out there that claim one solution or another that theologians will argue back and forth about. Sometimes, and I think this is one such time, I believe I prefer the magicians over the logicians. I will leave some things in the mystery for now. These arguments seem to have a way of focusing on the minor nuances of the bark on the trees and loosing sight of the forest. I am sure Aristotle was a great thinker, but perhaps sometimes he thinks too much.
Anyway, panentheism, pantheism, I am still the duly elected Pope of it all!"
Old 20-04-2020, 02:38 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhr
I am a pantheist. Anybody else?
Naw, I'm into the One Brilliant Agent beyond space and time - -are there
lesser gods out there - sure, maybe - I would call them way Advanced Souls or beyond Masters...maybe.

But, I'll stick with the One, the Only One...my one Father/Creator.

But I don't care if ya believe in no God or many...I do care that
you are having fun and are happy and well, tho.
(And are kind, not rude to others.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2020, 02:48 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Here are your own words Ketz=speak words, Ketz (Dog biting its own tail image may be relevant?):

"Interesting if subtle distinctions. I can't help thinking as I read that, "oh what a tangled web we weave" even when we are not trying to deceive. There are many different paradoxes out there that claim one solution or another that theologians will argue back and forth about. Sometimes, and I think this is one such time, I believe I prefer the magicians over the logicians. I will leave some things in the mystery for now. These arguments seem to have a way of focusing on the minor nuances of the bark on the trees and loosing sight of the forest. I am sure Aristotle was a great thinker, but perhaps sometimes he thinks too much.
Anyway, panentheism, pantheism, I am still the duly elected Pope of it all!"

Yes, well, being the Holy See does give one a certain creative license, even an obligation perhaps. Very well then, I shall issue you your very own Papal Encyclical.

In reading your original link, I found myself reading about some rather nuanced distinctions between how the two theologies deal with what they see as logical paradoxes regarding the nature of God. Each solution seems to bring up paradoxes of its own. Paradoxes can be fun puzzles to play with when one is in the mood, but as with a dog chasing it's tail around in circles, eventually one grows tired and starts to wonder if they have left a piece of rawhide somewhere that they may chew on and finish off.

Ultimately, one finds that when they are exploring the nature of God (or the nature of the Tao), at heart it is and remains a mystery. These bits of logic and paradox we like to play around with, though often useful exercises, are more of the myriad forms at the fringe. I am not sure why sometimes I am in the mood to contemplate and stand enraptured by the all, and other times I like to play around in the sandbox with my tonka trucks. But as I read that article, I realized that I just didn't feel like playing in the sandbox at that moment.