Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 04-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Mirrors can also be portholes for spirit, good and bad so always say a prayer especially if used in scrying

Namaste
Old 04-02-2020, 07:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordnael
inavalan, there is a somewhat similar quote, "It's better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."

What I'm implying is that karma, or the Greek goddess Nemesis will be after that boastful one who conquers through deceit, while the one who is good and meek is better off and escapes punishment, regardless of whether the person has a reputation or not.

Take for example the case of Larry Nassar. He was a renown physician, and took advantage of his position to molest children. In their minds they thought they were wrong for having doubts about his conduct, which prevented them from taking actions against him. The truth made them feel small and weak, that they were violated, while the lie, that Nassar was a good person, trustworthy and above suspicion, made him powerful.

Someone who lies to appear to be important will have the ghost of being caught and exposed always hanging around.

Concerning the study you quoted, that channel has videos with other animals reactions too. Humans are predominantly visual creatures, while animals will rely on smell and hearing to a much greater degree in order to examine things around them. In one video a female leopard is attracted to her own image when the mirror has the scent of a male leopard who usually goes there.
Thanks for your reply.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-03-2020, 02:54 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritKitty
I’ve been fascinated by mirrors since I was very little. I don’t remember if I heard stories, or saw something on television, but somehow, I came to learn about a mirror’s potential as a gateway to another place. Whether it was the spirit world or a world where everything was opposite, I was obsessed. I’d spend a lot of time staring into them, looking for something unusual or trying to catch my reflection doing something it wasn’t supposed to. I had a collection of pocket mirrors that I would set up to create intricate labyrinths of reflection.

A few years ago, I dated someone who claimed to have owned a haunted mirror. They were now very afraid of old mirrors, but I am crazy about old stuff in general.

I started researching ways to “un-haunt” a mirror. I was surprised there wasn’t a lot of information on mirrors.

So, what do you know about mirrors? Anything is welcome. Their use in scrying, as portals, hauntings, their power, anything. Firsthand, secondhand, read it in a book, even just theories.

I had heard a long time ago that a ghost can become trapped between two mirrors. Recently I saw a video about making a “Devil’s toy box”. Not something I can imagine anyone being brazen enough to do, but it did give me an idea. More on that latter...��

The image in the mirror, like everything else you see, is not in the mirror, but in your mind. From a classical perspective, light striking the mirror hits the rods and cones on your retina and activates a neuron, but the optic nerves just provide the brain with a digital signal. It is the brain that reads the signal, compares it to past optic nerve signals, other past and present sensory input, native brain structures, and then creates a virtual reality within the mind from this information that you experience as reality "out there". The ghost one "sees" in the mirror, just like the face, are illusions created by the brain to represent reality, realities "out there", and realities within. Usually this created reality is based on a comparison to past neuronal firing patters of the optic nerves...etc, but not always, and the brain/mind can add whatever it wishes to create in the scene. Which is why one may see a ghost while another may not. So the haunting is not in the mirror, but within the mind looking into it. Where it originates from and what it may signify is a question whose answers lie within that mind. The ghost may or may not be "real", but either way, what is experienced as reality, is created by and lies within the mind of the viewer. Which is probably the best place to start looking if one wants to understand it.
Old 26-03-2020, 11:18 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Mirrors can also be portholes for spirit, good and bad so always say a prayer especially if used in scrying

Namaste

In the 80's I worked with a woman who thought people could steal her stuff through her mirrors. She kept them covered except when she needed one.
Old 31-03-2020, 12:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
The image in the mirror, like everything else you see, is not in the mirror, but in your mind. From a classical perspective, light striking the mirror hits the rods and cones on your retina and activates a neuron, but the optic nerves just provide the brain with a digital signal. It is the brain that reads the signal, compares it to past optic nerve signals, other past and present sensory input, native brain structures, and then creates a virtual reality within the mind from this information that you experience as reality "out there". The ghost one "sees" in the mirror, just like the face, are illusions created by the brain to represent reality, realities "out there", and realities within. Usually this created reality is based on a comparison to past neuronal firing patters of the optic nerves...etc, but not always, and the brain/mind can add whatever it wishes to create in the scene. Which is why one may see a ghost while another may not. So the haunting is not in the mirror, but within the mind looking into it. Where it originates from and what it may signify is a question whose answers lie within that mind. The ghost may or may not be "real", but either way, what is experienced as reality, is created by and lies within the mind of the viewer. Which is probably the best place to start looking if one wants to understand it.

if the image is only in my mind does that mean others cannot see it?
Old 31-03-2020, 01:47 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if the image is only in my mind does that mean others cannot see it?

If it is only in your mind then I would say no, they cannot see it. But just because all images are in the mind of the experiencer that does not mean that they cannot also be in other minds as well. Similar inputs may produce similar (can't ever really say if they are identical) images in the mind of different viewers. However, someone who sees a ghost may have a mind that is sensitive to inputs that another mind is not (or chooses not to be), hence the first mind creates a ghost within itself with that input while the second does not create a ghost within itself. Some minds may by choice be bound more tightly within time and space, while others may keep themselves more open and transcendent.