Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Self-Regression

Hi everyone, first post here so I hope I get it right!

I was wondering how people who have experienced their past lives went about it? Was it self-regression or with a practitioner?

My worry is always that it would be my imagination bleeding into my experience. Has anyone got any advice for how to avoid this or how to start with self-regression?

Many thanks!
Old 21-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Master

Stop worrying, and start doing it ...

Imagination is a tool that dresses up your perceptions in a way you can comprehend them. You can't completely eliminate imagination, or your subjective perception, but you can leave behind much of your biases and expectations, adopting an attitude of just mild curiosity, and intent.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-07-2019, 07:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Love that advice!

Thanks inavalan, think it's time I gave this a go!
Old 22-07-2019, 07:32 AM
Master

It is probably easier to see a hypnotherapist who does past-life regressions than to try self-regression. I had past-life regression many years ago out of curiosity.

Just remember that some people go into trance easier than others. The more analytical a person is, the harder they will find it to mentally let go during the session. So some people may have vivid experiences of past lives, while others may just get vague impressions.

Peace.
Old 22-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Newbie ;)

I'm going to try self-regression first and if I get nowhere, I'll see a hypnotherapist. At the moment it's a struggle but that's because I have some serious work to do on my meditation practice to begin with! I find it hard to clear my mind so that perhaps plays into my worries too that I'll confuse imagination or background noise for a genuine recollection.
Old 29-07-2019, 08:58 PM
Newbie ;)

There are many ways a person can relive a past life.
1. With a session from a hypnotist
2. Self Hypnosis
3. Through your dreams
4. Spontaneously when triggered by a memory
There are a few problems associated, with the self methods, and that has to do with the critical factor of the brain taking over. So just as you said there is a chance of your imagination bleeding into the session. Another thing that can cause problems is when a person is trying too hard. All that being said, it is still possible to have a positive experience with past like recall, even when attempting it on your own. The main thing to remember when trying is to let it unfold naturally. Don't try to force anything, or go into it with any preconceived ideas of who or what you were in a past life.
I hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out. I am a certified consulting hypnotist trained in regression techniques of Dolores Cannon, Brian Weiss among others.
Have a great day !!!
Old 05-05-2020, 03:57 AM
Master
I didn't know you could do your own Self-regression by meditating . If I knew where to go to find a Hypnotherapist I would see one. My only worry is that if it were to happen than I won't like who I was in a past life.

I feel like I was a wicked sinister person in a previous life. Cause of whatever I must have done is a result of how people view me and I how effect them now .

I apologize for being a negative Nancy and Debbie Downer with my post .
Old 05-05-2020, 04:35 AM
asearcher

I am one of those who do not completely trust meditation and dreams I think there are things that come out of it that was true but I also think it can haze into imagination or misread symbols and also when someone did meditation on me I was told I was suspiscious and rude when answering back, but I do not like being lead by someone else and I had been taught by my husband (later he turned into an ex-hubby) to not trust people (he came from poor background and then started making lots of money, would have a very up and down career, kind of exhausting really) so that was pretty much the careful woman (my past life self) that the one doing the meditation on encounter. My memories are triggered and then there are those short, very short, memories that come and go when they seem to want to but don't think they would have unless they had not been so triggered years before. Please, please protect yourself with spiritual guidance and a mental shield of protection before you go under self meditation and please do not push, if something is too upsetting please do not continue. Some things are not unfold because of what is best for you.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Searcher

I was wondering how people who have experienced their past lives went about it? Was it self-regression or with a practitioner?

My worry is always that it would be my imagination bleeding into my experience. Has anyone got any advice for how to avoid this or how to start with self-regression?

Many thanks!
Most people do not have the confidence to do a self-regression by themselves.

One of the best past life regressions I ever did was on a woman who had for a long time pain in one of her legs.

As we got to the past life in which she got the pain, she was on a ship that was in battle with another ship. As she once more experienced a cannon ball from the other ship hitting her, the pain went away. She never experienced that pain again.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-05-2020, 04:23 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Searcher

Many thanks!

Mine came from a NDE in my 20s...but, looking back, I use to speak of it as a toddler, but it was wrote off as my imagination/toddler talk by my parents. After that I forgot for many years, until my NDE.

After my NDE, I wanted to learn more about past lives, and I did a past life regression one time, off YouTube....with headphones. That time, I saw myself as a soldier, looking in a mirror with my uniform on. I honestly wrote it off as my imagination. First, because I was looking for another lifetime, the one I originally seen in my NDE. I totally forget about this regression.....and about 12-14 years later....I realized it was real. The people, including my girlfriend in that life....all came into my life at about the age of 38. I started having dreams and flashbacks of war and my death.... including a guide who brought me back to the day that I was laid to rest. I saw the entire funeral procession.... including my casket....but, it wasn't really about my death, not the physical death...there was other things that led to my death, that needed my attention... because I was very angry and upset about how and what I was led to believe, and I felt betrayed...but, there was more going on there within myself.

I had some unresolved issues from that life, that I carried over into.tbis life...that were carried into that life, from another life....lol. I know, hard to understand!

I wouldn't write off anything...you don't have to run with anything you see...but if you do come across a past life...it will mean something to your current life, now. Just keep a journal...and write it down. It will unfold, but it could take weeks,months, or years... depending when the soul is ready to address what you are carrying over from that life. Good luck God bless....and if you want to share, I will certainly be interested in what you have to say