Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 16-03-2018, 07:43 PM
Seeker

Have you seen the Wandering Jew? How about the Count of St. Germain?

I'm curious to learn everything I can about this myth/legend.

As far as I can tell from my "research" this legend was initially a sort of proto-
antisemitic propaganda created and spread by the Romans. But the stories origins are still a mystery in some ways, and there are couple different versions from what I hear.

This is a crude summary.

Jesus is carrying his cross in bloody agony, and he takes a moment to rest on an onlookers doorstep. The onlooker is a Jew and possibly sold on the idea that Jesus was a false prophet who deserved this punishment.

The man taunts Jesus saying "Go on!!"
Jesus looks up at the man and says "Ohhh..(scoffs) I willll go!! But YOU will wait here until I return" (meaning "the rapture" it is assumed)

This means the man is forced to Wander or to "walk the earth" forever. A life sentence for a new immortal, the Wandering Jew.

Supposedly some bishops had a few sightings of this tormented soul. Regardless he made it into our pop culture. Most recently in Fargo Season 3 as Paul Marrane. This is one of the Wandering Jews pseudonyms.

Also, apparently, the famed and beloved author of "the 3 Musketeers" and "the Count of Monte Cristo" Alexandre Dumas wrote a book about the Wandering Jew. Unfortunately it was never translated into English. I did however find it online with an English blurb, where it was described as a sprawling epic.

Anyways this is the core of my interest in the subject.

Anyone have anything to add or correct?

Similar Characters in history?

The Count of St. Germain is another one. A man who was supposedly witnessed by multiple generations of the Royal and High society class in Europe, in the 18th to 19th centuries, seemingly never to age. He had vast knowledge and wealth and was close to King Louis XV who commissioned the Count for multiple projects.

Does anyone have any mysterious characters to add?

Or how about a favorite character in a myth or legend such as Ulysses in the Odyssey who goes on a long journey that spans decades across the globe.
Old 20-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Knower
Hi Gideon, St Germain is/was a cool dude based on the information I have gathered. Master of Alchemy, if it is transformation you are seeking, he's your guy!
Old 20-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Master
Wandering Jew? sure many times, it's a menace in any garden.

Sorry couldn't help it
Old 25-07-2018, 07:31 PM
Ankhesenamun

Sounds similar to the legend of the Flying Dutchman. I think there must be something to it because legends don't stay alive that long unless they are true.
Old 22-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

Sorry couldn't help it

Haha thats cool. I know this is a super late reply but I actually found him!!!

Season 3 of Fargo. Paul Marrane!!
Old 22-12-2018, 10:07 AM
Seeker

Did you guys know that Alexander Dumas actually wrote a book about the wandering Jew? Never translated to English but described as a sprawling epic.
The 1st and last time I ever wished I could read french.
Old 18-09-2019, 10:27 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon2037
Haha thats cool. I know this is a super late reply but I actually found him!!!

Season 3 of Fargo. Paul Marrane!!

Haha yes!! thats where I first heard of it. I wish it wasn't in truth an early form of antisemitic propaganda. It would make a good story. I'm sure it actually did make a sprawling epic but I can't read french.
Old 18-09-2019, 10:30 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam

Sorry couldn't help it

haha its ok, its hard to resist swinging at a baseball on a t-ball stand